Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Who said I've never played the game? And if football wasn't just about physical athleticism people would care about things like sprint football.
    Idk Im just assuming you haven't a person who has played on an actual competitive football team would not be having the stance you have on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      I'm saying by you losing in the genetic lottery it has cost you the advantage of being able to play the best game in the world and the chance to acquire the knowledge, wisdom and experience first hand by actually playing that a person who has never played could not understand.

I never played a down of organized tackle football in my life and I turned out alright. The life wisdom and knowledge? Please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tomorrow is a game.

Keep telling yourselves.

The end of such conversations is so close.

Tick tock tick tock

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          I never played a down of organized tackle football in my life and I turned out alright. The life wisdom and knowledge? Please...

I'm talking about football not regular every day life. You guys will never understand and that is okay lol

Comment

So back to the original question.........never played (as I am a girl) but I married a Cal football coach back in the day and played WBB and WVB. Although I never played believe me when I say I know more about football than many members of the other gender as I have lived it daily for many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by RamWife View Post
              So back to the original question.........never played (as I am a girl) but I married a Cal football coach back in the day and played WBB and WVB. Although I never played believe me when I say I know more about football than many members of the other gender as I have lived it daily for many many years.
              I don't doubt it. I'm sure you know more than half of the people on this board. They should change this forum to D2 band members lol

Comment

idk me personally I feel like I can coach myself the X's and O's I dont need some nerd that doesnt understand anything about what I go through on a day to day basis to tell me how to play football. I study the game just like he did...I can learn just like him. I need instruction from experience and wisdom of stuff that actually produced results on the field. Call me old school but If you never had to go through winter workouts and not be able to barely walk while you smell like death in class. Or go to spring practice. Or train all summer when you wanna party and eat crappy food like everyone else. Or go to camp in the smoldering heat battling injuries but you dont tell anyone because you dont wanna lose your spot and your coach who has never played a lick of football or even sprained an ankle might bench you for poor performance. Or ever been in a close game with a team like IUP and they are running that hurry up gashing you and you're dog tired and can barely see or think and all you have is your instincts and habits you've developed through YEARS of PLAYING football not reading about it or watching it from daddys hip on the sideline. Those coaches don't fully understand the game or their players its literally impossible. Its a brotherhood they've never been apart of.

Comment

So can you fully understand how to drive a car without ever actually driving one?

Comment

So can you fully understand how to drive a car without ever actually driving one?
                    I think you can teach someone to drive a car without having driven one if you know the process well enough.

Comment

• Re: How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                      I think you can teach someone to drive a car without having driven one if you know the process well enough.
                      yes you can teach it. But can you have full understanding of driving a car if you have never driven one

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Now, I won't go that far. I've often regretted that I didn't stick with football in high school. It is an experience and lessons that you just don't get sitting in the stands, or in the band, or in the press box.

You know, this isn't necessarily a good thing, but a lot of these kids you see out on the field for high school games Friday night will never in their life do anything that affects more people, and their success in doing such will never be as important to as many.

Comment

This has turned very catty very quickly.

I for one am glad the games start this week.
                          @zsimpson_d2

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post
                            This has turned very catty very quickly.

I for one am glad the games start this week.
                            I struck a nerve by accident

Comment

I struck a nerve by accident
                              Uh-huh. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                Uh-huh. :wink:
                                I really didnt think that there were this many people on this board that didnt play for their schools lol It all makes sense now

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X