Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The thing with the talent IUP has on offense is you CAN know exactly what they are going to do ... you still have to have the athletes to be able to stop it.

It's not easy. Too many RBs and WRs to contain all day. Add to it that monster O-line and now a fully-healthy Lenny back to full speed. The other element is now you're adding back a bruising RB in to the mix (Temple) -- an item not there a year ago. He's not real fun to tackle. Then you can't see Justice Evans and can't catch Samir Bullock.

At this level that's a D coordinators nightmare.
    This is very true. But the scheme you run on offense you almost contain yourselves if a team has dominant D line play.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      So I'm the only person on this board who has sat in a film room dissecting this current spread IUP team for the last 3 years and has a clue about what they actually try to do lol So when all of you say im talking out my you know what I know what they try to do and how to beat them. Ill say ashland last year made 2 simple mistakes on defense ALL game that lost them that game. If they fix that IUP offense will struggle a bit IMO.
      Except we have no proof but your word that you ever sat in a film room.

Comment

I'm telling you, Homer, Redfield was so in your WRs heads last year a rematch wouldn't have made a difference. They didn't want anything to do with catching balls. He gave out a mental TKO. I saw it and heard it from the field level.
        Im telling you he was jawing yes. But the unit that won you that game was your front seven getting pressure on Kier for 4 quarters like they did. WRs were open for big plays we just couldn't make them that game. Not a single player on our team feared or was worried about Max at all. Being honest he is a better athlete but not nearly as cerebral and crafty as your FS the year before with the long hair.

Comment

I beg to differ. You can know X's and O's but to fully understand the game you need to have experienced it as a Player IMO.
          Still fully disagree. Too many instances of folks knowing football without having played college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Still fully disagree. Too many instances of folks knowing football without having played college football.
            Youre missing what I'm saying. I can know what a player is supposed to do and how a defense works. But you will never understand personally the specifics to the game mentally that a player goes through play to play.

Comment

Youre missing what I'm saying. I can know what a player is supposed to do and how a defense works. But you will never understand personally the specifics to the game mentally that a player goes through play to play.
              Overrated concept. You said "to fully know the game." A ton of successful coaches never played a down of football.

Comment

Overrated concept. You said "to fully know the game." A ton of successful coaches never played a down of football.
                Name them

Comment

Name them
                  Probably not the best example but Charlie Weis never played football.

Comment

Comment

Here is a list:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...played#slide10

Comment

Not apples to apples here. Kevin Colbert was never a coach. He was a scout and then became a front office guy. There is a big difference.

His job is to identify talent. The coach has to 'coach' and 'develop' the talent. And, in the case of the NFL, also babysit said talent.

Comment

Ben McAdoo never played a down for IUP. Also Adam Gase with the Dolphins.

Comment

Ben McAdoo never played a down for IUP.
                            Ask the New Yorkers how that worked out? lol.

Comment

At the end of the day football is more than X's and O's. Its about an locker room. An culture. Understanding of what its like to depend on 10 other guys every snap to do their job. Yes there are coaches who are braniacs and can draw up some schemes that works cool. But where are majority of those guys on that list now? I dont care how great of a coach you are a player is going to always feel a way about a coach telling him he is doing something wrong etc and he has never even hit a sled a day in his life. I know we both will argue cuz I played and you guys didn't. So obviously we are biased but Ill say coaches who have played are at an advantage as far as respect from players and understanding the locker room culture.

Comment

Not apples to apples here. Kevin Colbert was never a coach. He was a scout and then became a front office guy. There is a big difference.

His job is to identify talent. The coach has to 'coach' and 'develop' the talent. And, in the case of the NFL, also babysit said talent.
                                I think the origin of the debate here was can you know football without having played, not necessarily can you coach it. At least that was my understanding and where i was coming from with my comment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X