Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    I suspect this entire year was set up to ease into Jimmy's tenure, meaning that Jimmy was likely taking on most coaching duties already before this week. Which, if true, is encouraging as ESU has looked better in the second half of the season than in the first.

I think it was the plan as soon as he was made the assistant head coach.

Still I think the point where he should have announced was before the 4th quarter. I think that would have fired everyone up to send Denny out with a win. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Re: Denny Douds retired today??

Just saw that it's the featured "moment" on Twitter right now.

Comment

Good account of things here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.9eae19b34038

Comment

This at least explains the timing somewhat. Seems like he made up his mind that he didn't want his team to know until the moment he did it.

I'll say one thing, he definitely didn't realize he would end up in a WaPo article, but he seems to have taken it in stride. I guess D2 coaches rarely get this sort of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
            This at least explains the timing somewhat. Seems like he made up his mind that he didn't want his team to know until the moment he did it.

I'll say one thing, he definitely didn't realize he would end up in a WaPo article, but he seems to have taken it in stride. I guess D2 coaches rarely get this sort of attention.
            Agreed. Would have to be a real spectacle.

Comment

When recounting Douds' legacy let's not forget that he was the primary force behind the IUP Rule. Competing on a national scale was not his thing. He just wanted the teams in the PSAC to be balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                When recounting Douds' legacy let's not forget that he was the primary force behind the IUP Rule. Competing on a national scale was not his thing. He just wanted the teams in the PSAC to be balanced.

He also has more wins than false allegations from IUP fans...

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Was he really?

What a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                      He also has more wins than false allegations from IUP fans...
                      Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Thanks for pointing that out.

I would like to hear more about how he led the way to screw over Frank and IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          I would like to hear more about how he led the way to screw over Frank and IUP.
                          I tried to google something about it but didn't come up with anything. I have a good memory, though. Douds even fought against reinstating the scholarship level to the present 36. If I do come across anything I'll let you know.

Comment

Never been a big fan of Douds. Frankly I feel he should have made this move 5-10 years ago. He set the program he loved so much back by hanging on.

All that said, he earned the right to do this. I am glad he is being recognized, because in the end, while I may not have been a fan he is one of the greatest the PSAC has ever seen and few coaches could have done what he did with that program.

Good luck in retirement coach!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
                              Never been a big fan of Douds. Frankly I feel he should have made this move 5-10 years ago. He set the program he loved so much back by hanging on.

All that said, he earned the right to do this. I am glad he is being recognized, because in the end, while I may not have been a fan he is one of the greatest the PSAC has ever seen and few coaches could have done what he did with that program.

Good luck in retirement coach!
                              I reluctantly agree.

Comment

An interesting footnote in all this, the coach at nearby East Stroudsburg South HS also retired this year after 38 years of head coaching there. Makes for an interesting contrast as he announced it during the season and then stayed to the end of the season, where his team finished 8-4 and district 5A champs. Definitely two coaches doing it their own way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X