Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand24 View Post
    I've been a Bloom fan for 30 plus years. I've never posted on the forum because I feel it just breeds negativity. After watching Saturdays game I feel it's time for a change. Since Danny Hale has taken over this program it has gone down hill. Each year I hope for improvement but I have seen none. As I watched the kids from our team waiting for Shippensburg to come on the field I saw zero enthusiasm. Not from coaches or players. Our team was there but they didn't seem excited to play. That's on the coaches and team leaders.
    Something not right here.

There have been quite a few fans coming out on Blooms facebook who are ready to feed on the wounded and the bleeding coaching staff. Everyone keeps talking about the talent that's not being used, but I don't see any shining stars in the program. There are no great running backs to make the OL look good and no dominating defensive players that are difference makers. Who are people referring to that aren't being used or that would start on a better team?

Comment

Could this just be a bad year? Personally, I think there has been a downward slide for the entire program over the last couple years but if you look at Bloom's results for the past couple years they are in every game. It's not like they are completely overmatched like Millersville is. I hope Bloom gets it straightened out but it won't be this year. Of course, if you stay the same and everybody else advances you are, in effect, falling behind. In the East you've got K-town which keeps getting better and ESU likely on the rebound. So, yeah, the Huskies are going to have to make some changes, IMO. They could surprise everybody but it looks like they will be 1-6 going into the LHU game. Can LHU make it 3 out of the last 4 over the Huskies? Maybe.

Comment

BU Recruiting has been a big problem since 2013. Recruits drop off the roster like flies also some big misses.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
          BU Recruiting has been a big problem since 2013. Recruits drop off the roster like flies also some big misses.
          Agree. It seems to be a problem across all sports; they just don't seem to stick it out. Most don't go to play elsewhere, and who knows if they even stay in school. They disappear; either they weren't good students or they lost the fire in the belly for the game. If a player isn't getting significant scholarship money, it could be difficult to keep them motivated when there are other distractions in life. By misses, I wonder if you mean players they didn't get or players that didn't pan out as expected?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Something not right here.

There have been quite a few fans coming out on Blooms facebook who are ready to feed on the wounded and the bleeding coaching staff. Everyone keeps talking about the talent that's not being used, but I don't see any shining stars in the program. There are no great running backs to make the OL look good and no dominating defensive players that are difference makers. Who are people referring to that aren't being used or that would start on a better team?

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
              Again....you got kids before 2013 because of who you had as the head coach. Once he was gone...the kids went someplace else.

The kids wanted to play for Frank and go to a really good school.

Not sure why some kids wanted to play for Dr Evil.

The kids didn't really flock to IUP to play for The Lou Tepper. That horrific 11-11 two year span was testament to that.

The kids like Torts.

The kids really aren't responding to the current Bloom coach.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Again....you got kids before 2013 because of who you had as the head coach. Once he was gone...the kids went someplace else.

The kids wanted to play for Frank and go to a really good school.

Not sure why some kids wanted to play for Dr Evil.

The kids didn't really flock to IUP to play for The Lou Tepper. That horrific 11-11 two year span was testament to that.

The kids like Torts.

The kids really aren't responding to the current Bloom coach.
                Correct!!!

Comment

Yes, but fans are saying there is talent there, somewhere sitting on the bench. Everyone loves the QB and thinks if they run an offense for him, they'll win. So are the coaches good recruiters and bad coaches? Is it all or nothing?

There are 2 choices now. Put other players in to see what they can do, including the back-up QB. Change the play calling. It is too late to change the playbook to an entirely new offensive system.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

They say Denny was the loudest voice. I believe that because he stated many times that the focus should just be on winning the conference and the PSAC shouldn't try to go far in the playoffs. That was his thinking.
                    I've been following the Warriors since 1983, and I never heard him say anything like that...If you could find ONE example, I'd yield...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I've been following the Warriors since 1983, and I never heard him say anything like that...If you could find ONE example, I'd yield...
                      Do you know how East Stroudsburg voted on the PSAC scholarship reduction issue in 1993?

Comment

I recall sitting at a game inside Miller Stadium near what would turn out to be the end of the Lou Tepper era at IUP.

It was shocking.

Having grown up in the Frank Cignetti era, the product on the field was just amazingly bad. The life had been sucked out of the program. The talent level was simply gone. IUP had become a mid-pack program seemingly overnight.

Tepper was a good human being. He recruited good kids. His kids didn't get arrested. They probably even went to church. He was tasked by then President Atwater with cleaning up the program. The renegade era was to be put to a halt. Immediately. Basketball was going to be the new star program at IUP. The KCAC was getting set to open.

Point of all this ... the IUP football crowd went bananas. Losing here wasn't an option. Tepper had to go. You get enough important boosters pulling weight ... things happen. Leave it at that.

From afar, I see the same thing at Bloom. You're in your own Lou Tepper era. You guys sound exactly like IUP fans did during his watch. Something is just off ... not working. The players Frank got to IUP weren't coming anywhere near Tepper. Tepper was old school. Real old school. Kids don't want to play in THAT program anymore.

Bloom hasn't been Millersville. You guys stay in games (much like the Tepper teams did). They just fall short. Routinely.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Do you know how East Stroudsburg voted on the PSAC scholarship reduction issue in 1993?
                          I do not. I still maintain that I've NEVER heard Coach Douds say that PSAC teams shouldn't focus on the national playoffs...Have you ever heard him say that?!

Comment

You'd think someone who's been following the Warriors since 1983 would know such a thing.

I've managed to stay out of earshot of Coach Douds, so I haven't heard him comment about PSAC versus national championships.

Comment

Bloomsburg misses B. McBryan! As a Football Coach, Mentor and Person!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

https://archive.triblive.com/news/ps...gap-on-powers/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X