Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Bloom went down hill on it's own and not engineered by the conference with a Bloom Rule that defanged their program so the rest of the league would stop getting destroyed every year.

Am I still bitter about the IUP Rule and what it did to Frank's program?

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

The past athletic success was due to coaching. Women's softball and field hockey had Jan Hutchinson, and that's why they won. Wrestling had Houck, Sanders, etc.. Men's basketball had Chronister, Football had Hale. Many of them were on campus at the same time, which probably doesn't happen in too many lifetimes. Find the right coach, and they'll win again. Men's baseball and women's soccer won the PSAC Championships last year, so it's not all doom and gloom.
      No, I guess "it's not all doom and gloom", and I was happy to see the accomplishments of women's soccer and the baseball team, but there has definitely been a noticeable decline of major, recurring success in recent years. Nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Ship is a good team.
        Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        ??????
        Settle down, pilgrim. We're not terrible. Questionable secondary; outside of that, Ship is quite competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          At least Bloom went down hill on it's own and not engineered by the conference with a Bloom Rule that defanged their program so the rest of the league would stop getting destroyed every year.

Absolutely.
          Can't help you. We are out of Prozac.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Settle down, pilgrim. We're not terrible. Questionable secondary; outside of that, Ship is quite competitive.
              That's good because otherwise the next two weeks could be pretty awful !!!

Comment

The IUP Rule was implemented when IUP had so distanced themselves from the rest of the conference that the PSAC coaches voted to limit the # of scholarships member schools could offer for football to a number well below the D2 limit. This change really only affected IUP and took IUP out of the national championship picture.

In hindsight, limiting the scholly limit because of the success of one of its members was obscenely dumb.

Note: The PSAC scholarship limit was raised to the D2 limit again. Nevertheless, it broke the momentum that Cignetti had going with his program.

Comment

Can't help you. We are out of Prozac.
                  You don't need Prozac for bitterness. Just a lot of revenge on who did it to us.

HA!

The issue you Bloom fans are having is really self inflicted. You thought the good days would never end, that Bloom would always be on top.

You would think after seeing what happened to IUP, you would have anticipated that Life After Hale wouldn't be so rosy.

Now make sure you take your pills on time and donate some money.

Comment

Big donors are talked into giving for naming rights. The AD wanted certain projects completed, and sold it to the donors. It comes down to who sets the priorities for athletics.
                    Shame on them then.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That's good because otherwise the next two weeks could be pretty awful !!!
                      These things go in cycles. Enjoy it while you're looking down from the top.

Comment

I've been a Bloom fan for 30 plus years. I've never posted on the forum because I feel it just breeds negativity. After watching Saturdays game I feel it's time for a change. Since Danny Hale has taken over this program it has gone down hill. Each year I hope for improvement but I have seen none. As I watched the kids from our team waiting for Shippensburg to come on the field I saw zero enthusiasm. Not from coaches or players. Our team was there but they didn't seem excited to play. That's on the coaches and team leaders.

We can point to many reasons why we lost Saturday. The first being we couldn't make adjustments on defense in the 1st quarter to stop number 45. The second being our secondary was out of position most times and we would get called for pass interference because our corners can't run and look back for the ball. After the first quarter the defense was better, not great, but the offense couldn't get things rolling.

The offense is a mess!!! Our main problems are an inexperienced QB and an O-line that just isn't consistent. Why did we recruit a QB who hardly ever, if ever, played under center. I saw Leiby play Berwick 3 times and he played out of the shot gun. When we recruited him I thought maybe our offense was going a new direction. He seems to have a hard time locating the receivers playing under center. I'm not sure if its having his backed turned to them running play action or what but he holds on to the ball to long trying to locate the receivers. He's a first year starter so I would expect him to improve, but not sure why coaches aren't playing to his strengths and maybe put some RPO plays to help him along. Great coaches adjust to a players strength but not in our case. We certainly have nothing to lose at this point to adjust our playbook. The O-line at times Saturday looked great while other times it looked like we had guys that never played on a line. We aren't going to be able to win games running or passing if we don't get the line playing consistently.

I believe we have enough talent we can win games. I don't believe we have the right people coaching to win the games. Time for a change!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Absolutely.
                          Way to bring up that flat old tune!!! LOL DO you guys actually hand out maps to your transfers, so they know what state they are actually in?!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Way to bring up that flat old tune!!! LOL DO you guys actually hand out maps to your transfers, so they know what state they are actually in?!
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

They say Denny was the loudest voice. I believe that because he stated many times that the focus should just be on winning the conference and the PSAC shouldn't try to go far in the playoffs. That was his thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand24 View Post
                                I've been a Bloom fan for 30 plus years. I've never posted on the forum because I feel it just breeds negativity. After watching Saturdays game I feel it's time for a change. Since Danny Hale has taken over this program it has gone down hill. Each year I hope for improvement but I have seen none. As I watched the kids from our team waiting for Shippensburg to come on the field I saw zero enthusiasm. Not from coaches or players. Our team was there but they didn't seem excited to play. That's on the coaches and team leaders.

We can point to many reasons why we lost Saturday. The first being we couldn't make adjustments on defense in the 1st quarter to stop number 45. The second being our secondary was out of position most times and we would get called for pass interference because our corners can't run and look back for the ball. After the first quarter the defense was better, not great, but the offense couldn't get things rolling.

The offense is a mess!!! Our main problems are an inexperienced QB and an O-line that just isn't consistent. Why did we recruit a QB who hardly ever, if ever, played under center. I saw Leiby play Berwick 3 times and he played out of the shot gun. When we recruited him I thought maybe our offense was going a new direction. He seems to have a hard time locating the receivers playing under center. I'm not sure if its having his backed turned to them running play action or what but he holds on to the ball to long trying to locate the receivers. He's a first year starter so I would expect him to improve, but not sure why coaches aren't playing to his strengths and maybe put some RPO plays to help him along. Great coaches adjust to a players strength but not in our case. We certainly have nothing to lose at this point to adjust our playbook. The O-line at times Saturday looked great while other times it looked like we had guys that never played on a line. We aren't going to be able to win games running or passing if we don't get the line playing consistently.

I believe we have enough talent we can win games. I don't believe we have the right people coaching to win the games. Time for a change!
                                Rand 24 I agree with you on adjusting your playbook to your players strengths. I too saw Leiby play quite a few high school games and saw great things from him. He was a 3 1/2 year starter for Selinsgrove and did run the spread for that entire time. His junior and senior year they ran alot of RPO and put the decisions in his hands. I had the opportunity to speak to many of the opposing coaches that played Selinsgrove and they had nothing but great things to say about him, his leadership, and his ability to play QB. They all said that he was a really good at making plays when they thought they had him stopped. Berwick, Southern Columbia, Jersey Shore, and Montoursville coaches all complemented his abilities and were glad to see him graduate.
                                I believe that Bloom has a really good thing here with Leiby but they do need to have the playbook adjusted to his style of play and strengths. He has some good receivers but they need to utilize them. Going only 3 wide and having 5 plus defensive backs covering them. They dont have an opportunity to get open or get separation. 4 and 5 wide will be a better matchup for the passing game. Just some thoughts......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X