Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    That's absolute proof that it could only be a PSAC MB !!! Every thread is about IUP.
    Can you imagine what this board would be like without all the IUP posters? Kinda like the movie It's a Wonderful Life without George Bailey. The classic Xmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life, starring iconic actor Jimmy Stewart, the native of Indiana, PA. You know he attended the Model School in Keith Hall at IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Can you imagine what this board would be like without all the IUP posters? Kinda like the movie It's a Wonderful Life without George Bailey. The classic Xmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life, starring iconic actor Jimmy Stewart, the native of Indiana, PA. You know he attended the Model School in Keith Hall at IUP.
      Love JS. Would never hold that against him.

Comment

Comment

Must be in the DNA out there. Or maybe it's that clean Monroe County water. That was exactly Denny Douds' position on football scholarships. He didn't think it was a worthwhile use of resources to strive for a NC. Just compete within the conference and the region, he said. That's an ok attitude but why you would want to impose it on other schools and programs is what puzzles me.
          You dodged the question...How many NCs have all of your scholarships bought/brought IUP??

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Keep in mind this was 25 years ago. And just a couple of years after the NCAA i.e. the college presidents, in both D1 and D2, voted to reduce scholarships in football and basketball. There was an effort to reduce athletic spending in general at that time.
            Are you saying it wasn't all Denny Doud's fault?! That doesn't align with IUP's persecution narrative...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You dodged the question...How many NCs have all of your scholarships bought/brought IUP??

He didn't dodge it. I already answered it.

None.

Football made it twice and lost both. It was likely a matter of time until the league cried a river at getting pounded routinely. Men's basketball made it twice in the past decade and lost both. Women's basketball has been to two straight Final Fours. No titles.

If you want to talk about Division titles and stuff like that ... you know, the 'regional power' type stuff ... well, it's a long list.

Comment

It's a dumb question. I ignored it.

Comment

Are you saying it wasn't all Denny Doud's fault?! That doesn't align with IUP's persecution narrative...
                  I never said it was all his fault. Of course, it wasn't. However, he was the most outspoken coach on the issue. I guess you'd have to go back into the archives of The Pocono Record, The Morning Call, The Indiana Gazette, or, maybe, Penn Live to find what I'm talking about. So what? He had his opinions and he voiced them and they carried weight. In 10 years you'll be saying that he didn't call a 4th timeout to retire before his final game was even over. In fact, I'm going to save that AP article right now. Just to give you a heads up.

Comment

Thanks to all posters for keeping Husky ineptitude alive.

Quiteh is out for the season with a lower back injury, and Gooden is already out for the year. There could be a half dozen players taking medical redshirts this year. If everyone comes back healthy next year, we may turn this around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Quiteh is out for the season with a lower back injury, and Gooden is already out for the year. There could be a half dozen players taking medical redshirts this year. If everyone comes back healthy next year, we may turn this around.
                      That's the spirit. :victory:

Comment

I never said it was all his fault. Of course, it wasn't. However, he was the most outspoken coach on the issue. I guess you'd have to go back into the archives of The Pocono Record, The Morning Call, The Indiana Gazette, or, maybe, Penn Live to find what I'm talking about. So what? He had his opinions and he voiced them and they carried weight. In 10 years you'll be saying that he didn't call a 4th timeout to retire before his final game was even over. In fact, I'm going to save that AP article right now. Just to give you a heads up.
                        I was there, and although I didn't see it coming, I could NEVER say it didn't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

How many are trying to save eligilbility to move on elsewhere is my question. Same thing at the Boro. Lots of guys in just jerseys on Saturdays. Wonder how many are on the roster in 2020.

Comment

How many National Championships has all of that money bought you?! Just askin'. I understand that IUP has written the manual on how to live life perfectly in every conceivable way, but coaches first responsibility is to coach their players. Sure raising money is important, but it's NOT #1...
                            We went twice before Denny lobbied for the IUP Rule.

why has ESU Foosball been irrelevant for 40 years except for one fluke regional title?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              That's absolute proof that it could only be a PSAC MB !!! Every thread is about IUP.
                              The PSAC revolves around IUP.

it just does

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The PSAC revolves around IUP.

it just does
                                There are no pills for self-aggrandizing, but thanks for visiting this thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X