Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Relax. Now that ESU will be playing real teams they will go back to being ESU ... and their posters will vanish as ususal.
    Did you just tell me to relax? RELAX, ALL OF YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I'm not celebrating Bloom's demise unlike many on here in 2005 when IUP was in shambles in Frank's last season.

I certainly don't remember any pity party for us either at any time and especially when we were getting screwed out of a playoff spot. Bloom isn't getting one from anyone else either.

The best thing you all can do is just forget the past for now and hope there is a staff house cleaning in the near future. Like IUP in 2011, you just need someone new...and probably more money. So write a check while you are at it. Your current coach is your The Lou Tepper. might be a nice guy with good intentions but that doesn't get you far in foosball.
      Thank you for your uplifting words of wisdom. I saw this on TV once and will share this with you because it has helped me. "SERENITY NOW. Serenity now, insanity later."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Thank you for your uplifting words of wisdom. I saw this on TV once and will share this with you because it has helped me. "SERENITY NOW. Serenity now, insanity later."

Comment

• I don't think anybody is reveling over "the demise" of Bloom football.

There are people who hate IUP. There are people who hate SRU. There are people who hate Cal U. There isn't anybody who hates Bloomsburg. I don't think so, anyway.

Bloom's record is going to be unacceptably bad this year. No doubt about it. There appears to be some bad things trending. There is also the example of the wrestling program (which most people aren't familiar with) and you don't want football to go the same route.

There doesn't seem to be agreement as to the reasons behind the poor showing of late. Is it, in fact, the coach and his staff? Is there a lack of administrative support? Is it the recruiting? Is it the traditional recruiting sources drying up? Is it just the offensive system?

One thing I know for sure is what matters is results. Hopefully, Bloom can rebound. The East is more dynamic right now than the West. A lot of the programs are on the move. Shepherd came in to replace Cheyney. Kutztown is a force. ESU is probably going to get better. Even LHU is raising money for football and Millersville has a new, dynamic coach. Ship's program is solid even though they got off to a rough start this year. Yeah, Bloom probably needs to up their game.

Comment

• Seriously, I don't know why some of you care to post on this thread. I am just having some fun, yanking your chain, but I am not serious. Did you guys ever hear of sarcasm? I am serious in talking football, but not in chasing you guys off the board.

Some perspective of Bloom football is in order. The last losing team went 5-6 in 1998. The coaching staff had HC Hale, Bloom's best OC Jim Monos, and perhaps the best D2 OL coach in McBryan. I don't think coaching was the issue. The team had 3 D1 transfers, but still couldn't win. They had enough young talent that eventually took them to the National Championships game 2 years later. It wasn't recruiting that lead to a losing season either.

The offensive system was the same in 1998 that took them to 26 winning seasons and to the top tier of PSAC for a decade or more. It would still work today with effective play calling, talent, and execution. So Bloom didn't lose in 1998 because of the offensive system.

So why did they lose in 1998 and again now? As Coach Hale would say there is a fine line between winning and losing. If people had the answers, coaching would be an easy job, but there would still be losers. No excuses for losing, but there are reasons: injuries for certain.

Comment

The last losing season was under Hale in 1998.
              There already is an athletic alumni network in place. https://buhuskies.com/news/2019/1/9/...k-program.aspx
              I was referring to football alumni. Yes, you confirmed my point of streak of winning seasons will come to an end.

Bloomsburg had a shutdown defense in 2005. I believe 4 or 5 shutouts.

Comment

• Obviously, the Offensive Line is not at the same talent level as in the past,

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

I was referring to football alumni. Yes, you confirmed my point of streak of winning seasons will come to an end.

Bloomsburg had a shutdown defense in 2005. I believe 4 or 5 shutouts.
                  4 shutouts in 2005, including a goose egg for IUP.

If football alumni don't come out to support the John Devlin event every year, they won't do much else. There are coaches who bring their teams to camp and are listed as coaches of recruits. The biggest contributors to Bloom's athletic programs are former football players, Evans, Petit, etc.. The football alumni have a registration site: https://questionnaires.armssoftware.com/16ec685d46be

It's a two way street. Former players have to reach out to the University too.

Comment

• If not for that punt return TD against Edinboro, we'd be winless. It's hard to imagine Bloom not winning the rest of the year, but I wouldn't be shocked.
                    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• We will all get a chance to see how inept the Huskies actually are because their next two games (at West Chester, at East Stroudsburg) will be televised by Sports Fever TV and available for streaming on ESPN3.

Comment

• Does everyone believe this program would turn around with a new HC?

He was the DC since 1998 during the good years, including helping them to the National Championship game and getting their share of PSAC East titles. He helped recruit many of those players, including players who won the 2013 PSAC crown. Those players, that coach, and the out of date offensive system also got them to the 2014 Super Region I championship game. What changed since 2014?

Comment

Does everyone believe this program would turn around with a new HC?

He was the DC since 1998 during the good years, including helping them to the National Championship game and getting their share of PSAC East titles. He helped recruit many of those players, including players who won the 2013 PSAC crown. Those players, that coach, and the out of date offensive system also got them to the 2014 Super Region I championship game. What changed since 2014?
                          Kutztown and Shippensburg got better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Kutztown and Shippensburg got better.
                            Good try, but that's not why Bloom can't compete. There have always been teams that were up and some down. Ville was very competitive in the past. Things change. The question is what changed at Bloom sine 2014? I think some coaches are in the wrong positions, possibly in over their heads, specifically on offense. Former OL coach McBryan missing is a big difference, and the OC position hasn't proven himself. That's it.

Comment

Does everyone believe this program would turn around with a new HC?

Coaching Staff changes since 2014. Hale and Mcbyran did most of the recruiting. Holcomb (Cleveland Browns) recruited great linebackers. It's obvious that the players being recruited now are not the same as when Hale was head coach. Lots of off the field issues and etc.

The 2000 team won by offense and special teams. Defense was average at best. (Great linebackers!)

A lot of the tradition has changed as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

Coaching Staff changes since 2014. Hale and Mcbyran did most of the recruiting. Holcomb (Cleveland Browns) recruited great linebackers. It's obvious that the players being recruited now are not the same as when Hale was head coach. Lots of off the field issues and etc.

The 2000 team won by offense and special teams. Defense was average at best. (Great linebackers!)

A lot of the tradition has changed as well.
                                Holcomb hasn't been around since 2003. There were just as many off the field issues under Hale. I would rather not list them here, since it seems to be a constant issue in athletics.

I wonder about recruiting. The players they got then and now, all had the same type of high school accolades. Perhaps the current coaches don't see the "it" factor Hale saw in some players. I do think he stayed with the system and found pieces to fit. Lydic, for example, was picked to be the QB because he fit the system with the ability to throw on the roll out. Al West had more talent, but didn't fit the system. Now Bloom doesn't throw on the run at all, despite Lydic being the OC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X