Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post

There are no pills for self-aggrandizing, but thanks for visiting this thread.
    Well at about this exact time tomorrow people may need pills to read this board. It will exciting.

Comment

There are no pills for self-aggrandizing, but thanks for visiting this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well at about this exact time tomorrow people may need pills to read this board. It will exciting.
        Blue Jay who started this thread felt better after 24 hours. Time heals, except for the memory of the IUP Rule and ESU scoreboard message.

Comment

But IUP will always be my #2. I even took my son there for a open house when he was searching for a college.

Comment

But IUP will always be my #2. .
            Does that sound weird or is it just me?

Comment

Blue Jay who started this thread felt better after 24 hours. Time heals, except for the memory of the IUP Rule and ESU scoreboard message.

Comment

But IUP will always be my #2. I even took my son there for a open house when he was searching for a college.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  That does ring true because the PSAC is competitive nationally in sports other than the big 2. Softball, baseball, swimming and individually T&F and CC. Good coaching and recruiting keeps these sports operating at high levels without big time fund raising. The single instance of success in the BB/FB arena, CAL U WBB, started out in the big bucks AA era but has sustained itself now because of stable organization and intelligent coaching. It's a lot tougher to get there but it can be done. I think in some cases having a lot of cash gives a false impression of success. I'm certain very few programs out-fundraise MICHIGAN football, but they obviously haven't paid the right coach in a very long time.
                  Slippery Rock looked pretty competitive to me in last year's playoff.

Comment

Well, that's the area where most of our state universities should be trying to raise money. For those of you who hadn't noticed, the system is having some difficulties.

Comment

And now Blue Jay, who feels better, wishes he had the wherewithal to delete this thread which has wandered far off the track. It is now a week later. Interesting stuff that all of you wrote, as all of you know far more about the inner workings of the PSAC than I do. No hard feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                        And now Blue Jay, who feels better, wishes he had the wherewithal to delete this thread which has wandered far off the track. It is now a week later. Interesting stuff that all of you wrote, as all of you know far more about the inner workings of the PSAC than I do. No hard feelings.
                        I sympathize. At least the thread about Ship's problems this season has stayed on point.

Comment

It wasn't has bad as I thought it would be, so it's good when you don't expect much. The D played better in the 2nd half against Kutz. They used a lot of different players at all positions. Starting safety was out with undisclosed injury.

The offense tried some new plays, but none worked: there were 2 halfback passes-1 a throwback to the QB, a double reverse, and 2 double passes. There was also a failed faked punt on the first series. They are getting desperate to find an offense. They did have a nice 20+ play drive that took near 13 minutes off the clock. Adding to the injuries this season, a tackle injured his shoulder and had it wrapped during the game.

Comment

It wasn't has bad as I thought it would be, so it's good when you don't expect much. The D played better in the 2nd half against Kutz. They used a lot of different players at all positions. Starting safety was out with undisclosed injury.

The offense tried some new plays, but none worked: there were 2 halfback passes-1 a throwback to the QB, a double reverse, and 2 double passes. There was also a failed faked punt on the first series. They are getting desperate to find an offense. They did have a nice 20+ play drive that took near 13 minutes off the clock. Adding to the injuries this season, a tackle injured his shoulder and had it wrapped during the game.
                            Bart the streak of winning seasons will come to an end this year. Looking at 1-10 possibly wining two more games. I wouldn't be surprised if some coaches leave after this season.

In order to turn things around, I believe the alumni need to step up. Too many former great players from good high schools that should be pushing talent to Bloom U. However, there seems to be a disconnect between the alumni and the current athletic department.

I understand it's hard for alumni to come back due to work and family obligations. However, I believe the athletic department needs to implement some kind of program that will encourage former players to come back.

I'm curious to what IUP has for their alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

Bart the streak of winning seasons will come to an end this year. Looking at 1-10 possibly wining two more games. I wouldn't be surprised if some coaches leave after this season.

In order to turn things around, I believe the alumni need to step up. Too many former great players from good high schools that should be pushing talent to Bloom U. However, there seems to be a disconnect between the alumni and the current athletic department.

I understand it's hard for alumni to come back due to work and family obligations. However, I believe the athletic department needs to implement some kind of program that will encourage former players to come back.

I'm curious to what IUP has for their alumni.
                              The last losing season was under Hale in 1998.
                              There already is an athletic alumni network in place. https://buhuskies.com/news/2019/1/9/...k-program.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Does that sound weird or is it just me?
                                Not to me!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X