Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Haven would 100% be the team to move west. I don't think any other school is particularly likely.

Comment

Some earlier posters spoke of Frostburg, which actually would be a good fit in the Western Division. I saw them play Geneva College in Beaver Falls a couple of years ago before they went Division II. You could tell they were gearing up for a transition as they easily outclassed Geneva.

Comment

Until 2008 the setup was

West: Edinboro, Clarion, Slippery Rock, Indiana, California, Lock Haven, Shippensburg
        East: Mansfield, Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Millersville, Cheyney, West Chester

Mansfield dropped football after the 2006 season, and after one season with only 13 teams, the conference brought in Gannon, Mercyhurst, and LIU Post for 2008. Shippensburg shifted to the East at that point.

Then in 2013, LIU Post left and Seton Hill joined. That's when Lock Haven shifted to the East.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
          Some earlier posters spoke of Frostburg, which actually would be a good fit in the Western Division. I saw them play Geneva College in Beaver Falls a couple of years ago before they went Division II. You could tell they were gearing up for a transition as they easily outclassed Geneva.
          In spite of their history, Geneva doesn't put much effort into their football program. Its unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

In spite of their history, Geneva doesn't put much effort into their football program. Its unfortunate.
            They have fallen off in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Gannon and Hurst moved Ship and LHU to the east. I think...
              The Erie Catholic Schools moved Ship East. Seton Hill moved Lock Haven East.

FYI...Shippensburg is just a little further west than Lock Haven. Just sayin......
              Last edited by IUPNation; 10-19-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X