Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP has offered QB Luke Thomas from Indiana High.
    This is interesting. Any reaction to this? I've never seen him play but have read a lot about him in the local edition the past four years. Certainly the last time IUP tried an IHS QB it did not work out too well, though it has to be noted that he was one of the IUP QBs kicked to the curb in the infamous 2014 IUP QB debacle.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      This is interesting. Any reaction to this? I've never seen him play but have read a lot about him in the local edition the past four years. Certainly the last time IUP tried an IHS QB it did not work out too well, though it has to be noted that he was one of the IUP QBs kicked to the curb in the infamous 2014 IUP QB debacle.
      -
      I only watched a highlight reel of his so I'm sure there are people who've watched him for the last 4 years with better opinions. What I saw it looks like he's got good size, a great arm, can throw on the run, he's really accurate, and pretty mobile. Looks like he has potential. I would be interested to hear from the local experts.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        I only watched a highlight reel of his so I'm sure there are people who've watched him for the last 4 years with better opinions. What I saw it looks like he's got good size, a great arm, can throw on the run, he's really accurate, and pretty mobile. Looks like he has potential. I would be interested to hear from the local experts.
        They were really talent-deprived this past season so he didn't have much help.

Comment

They were really talent-deprived this past season so he didn't have much help.
          Very true. I think he likely really needs to bulk up. My impression is that he is a bit lite for PSAC ball. He might be a nice development project for the position.

-

Comment

Very true. I think he likely really needs to bulk up. My impression is that he is a bit lite for PSAC ball. He might be a nice development project for the position.

-
            He is but truthfully they all look like skinny kids in these recruiting pictures. They get on campus and get exposed to real strength coaches, proper food, etc., and they bulk up. Ideally you don't want any of them on the field next year anyway. Very few show up even near ready to play at this level.

You go from playing skinny dorks in high school to guys who hit like Damon Lloyd. Boys versus men.

Comment

He is but truthfully they all look like skinny kids in these recruiting pictures. They get on campus and get exposed to real strength coaches, proper food, etc., and they bulk up. Ideally you don't want any of them on the field next year anyway. Very few show up even near ready to play at this level.

You go from playing skinny dorks in high school to guys who hit like Damon Lloyd. Boys versus men.
              I still recall the last IHS QB IUP took. The first time I saw him on the field in summer camp standing beside big lumberjack types like Mike Box and Pat Smith I was totally aghast. Yeah, there will be plenty of work to be done. I see that even Pitt has a former IHS QB on their roster. He will likely never take a snap, but it is cool to see guys keeping their hand in college ball while they are getting that education.

Okay, I am a bit surprised that IUP offered the kid. But sometimes you just never know where the next blue chipper comes from.

-

Comment

I still recall the last IHS QB IUP took. The first time I saw him on the field in summer camp standing beside big lumberjack types like Mike Box and Pat Smith I was totally aghast. Yeah, there will be plenty of work to be done. I see that even Pitt has a former IHS QB on their roster. He will likely never take a snap, but it is cool to see guys keeping their hand in college ball while they are getting that education.

Okay, I am a bit surprised that IUP offered the kid. But sometimes you just never know where the next blue chipper comes from.

-
                From his twitter feed, looks like Lock Haven also offered him. Maybe the coaches are remembering the last IHS QB not offered that went to Clarion, who beat them a couple years later. The money is probably on the low side, so its a good risk.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  From his twitter feed, looks like Lock Haven also offered him. Maybe the coaches are remembering the last IHS QB not offered that went to Clarion, who beat them a couple years later. The money is probably on the low side, so its a good risk.
                  Hopefully. I don't usually get too excited for recruits that only us and Lock Haven are chasing. Just sayin'

Comment

Unfortunately at the D2 level they are exposed to neither of these ...the strength coach is just a position coach/trainer given the additional duties and the players eat the same slop as the regular students......... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                      Unfortunately at the D2 level they are exposed to neither of these ...the strength coach is just a position coach/trainer given the additional duties and the players eat the same slop as the regular students......... jus sayin
                      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Lock Haven is the sleeper in the PSAC. There's a lot going on there.

Comment

IF he chooses to stay home he'll encounter competition for playing time at IUP which is a good thing. So, I wouldn't make any predictions about his future, however, the kid looks pretty good to me. I would be hesitant to sell him short. Isn't he also the all-time passing leader at IHS?

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            Looking at his frame he could easily fill out to 200-210 and still be as mobile as he is now. Just sayin'. He's got adequate size for D2. No question.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Lock Haven is the sleeper in the PSAC. There's a lot going on there.
                              Lock Haven will be lucky to still be open by the time any of these recruits graduate .......... jus sayin

Comment

Speaking of IHS I saw WR Ryan Hoff has left the IUP team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X