Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

More coming in the next day or so. Several imports already on campus this semester.

Comment

• I heard Coach Tort say at the basketball game tonight that he has two transfers coming in the fall. It was vague, so use your imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DB Nazir James has left IUP and enrolled at SRU.

Wow.

Never heard of the kid but, still, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wow.

He had some academic issues I think, from the start - Same year as Isaiah Hankins. I bet this spring there will be a few PSAC west transfers at IUP, and a couple JUCO guys as well. One way to fix academics is to get a fresh start somewhere else. Usually you get spring to make the team, and prove you can makes the grades.

Comment

New recruit Drew Dinunzio-Biss is probably wondering what is going on up here. LOL.

The IUP tweet said he's from The Kiski School (Kiski Prep). The Gazette today said he's from Norwin High School.

He played at Kiski Area.

Comment

Wow.

Not unprecedented , see Jared Buck, Teddy Blakeman.

Comment

Pretty shocked that IUP offered and signed to District 6 guys, qb from Richland and qb from Conemaugh Valley; can't see either of them being a qb!
                  A position change has to be imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                    Pretty shocked that IUP offered and signed to District 6 guys, qb from Richland and qb from Conemaugh Valley; can't see either of them being a qb!
                    I think they are walk ons, and yes, I expect they will not be playing QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                      Walk-ons

Comment

More coming in the next day or so. Several imports already on campus this semester.
                        From the Football web site are the announcement of a DB from Youngstown St, OL from Lock Haven along with the DB from LIU-Post:

https://iupathletics.com/news/2019/2...19-roster.aspx

Comment

Earlier this week Coach Jameson Zacharias, who spent the past 2 years as IUP's CB Coach was named CB Coach at Fordham University:

https://fordhamsports.com/news/2019/...-to-staff.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            Speaking of signing day, here's another one from the archives of the local edition---

***************May 7, 1983*****************

"Chaump's recruiting list includes 47 future Braves" reads the headline.

Some notable names listed would be future IUP QB Bob Kiel and DT Mark Zilinskas. Also named were some local products such as John Pettina (Indiana), Steve Horchar (Homer-Center), Bob Kelly and Joe Bonatesta (Northern Cambria), and John Fischer (Punxsutawney).

That is quite a number of recruits to be bringing in. Can we assume that most of them were not receiving scholarship money? I highly doubt that IUP football's funding was all that great at that time period. But not sure.

Just found it interesting and thought that I would share.

-

It was also affordable to attend IUP in those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              He had some academic issues I think, from the start - Same year as Isaiah Hankins. I bet this spring there will be a few PSAC west transfers at IUP, and a couple JUCO guys as well. One way to fix academics is to get a fresh start somewhere else. Usually you get spring to make the team, and prove you can makes the grades.

I am sure going to a clap for credit school like Slimey will fix his issues.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                I am sure going to a clap for credit school like Slimey will fix his issues.
                                Have you ever had to play crab soccer for an entire semester just to get 3 credits?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X