Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Honestly, numbers alone in the secondary won't cut it. The secondary didn't perform all that well last year and needs a talent (and coaching) upgrade. Jus sayin
    They brought in 6-7 DB transfers last year, look how that panned out. How about coach up or develop the guys you recruited? I agree with BigIndians, they had (and still do) have talent in the secondary, but the only changes last season that were made were to the CBs. Hopefully they bring in some coaches that can get the secondary back on par.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      Anybody know from what D2 program the rumored all conference player from another D2 program is transferring from to IUP?
      I don't have insider contacts like IUP412 has , but my guess would be Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis ( https://gobattlers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4396 ) a Penn Trafford graduate. Was All GMAC Honorable Mention this past season ( https://gobattlers.com/news/2018/11/...?path=football ), but was 1st Team All GMAC ( https://gobattlers.com/news/2017/11/...?path=football ) as well as 3rd Team Don Hanson Super Region One Team ( https://gobattlers.com/news/2018/1/1...?path=football ). This would be just my lucky guess.
      Last edited by ShoNuff; 03-09-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis is a good guess. Penn Trafford/Irwin, RJr which would indicate, I think, he graduated so he can transfer without sitting a year and doesn't need coach blessing to transfer. I figure at 6' 0" 290, he has that wide posterior chain that suites guards well and they can move out one of their taller gaurds - like Dauberman - to tackle.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis is a good guess. Penn Trafford/Irwin, RJr which would indicate, I think, he graduated so he can transfer without sitting a year and doesn't need coach blessing to transfer. I figure at 6' 0" 290, he has that wide posterior chain that suites guards well and they can move out one of their taller gaurds - like Dauberman - to tackle.
          Wide posterior = Bubble Butt. Power to push. Does he have the feet for pass protect and react to DL spin moves and stunts?

Dauberman to tackle is intriguing. How are his feet?

Comment

Anybody know from what D2 program the rumored all conference player from another D2 program is transferring from to IUP?
            https://youtu.be/qfBCACRfVYE
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
              Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Whatever the situation was or is, smart move by staff, another arm for Spring ball and a good look to see talent level. If not satisfied bring on another transfer for August, it's not Rocket science...in addition rumor has it the OL got a boost with a all conference player from another D2 program....just sayin
              Matt,

We are aware of Nazir Streater from LIU Post. IUPMonk was questioning what IUP412 stated regarding an All Conference D2 OL possibly transferring to IUP. I think it could be Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis, a product of Penn Trafford.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                Wide posterior = Bubble Butt. Power to push. Does he have the feet for pass protect and react to DL spin moves and stunts?

Dauberman to tackle is intriguing. How are his feet?
                I would guess his feet are good given the post season honors. Even though it is supposed that the post season stuff can be political, I still have to believe that a kid has to be a player to get the nod. Besides, IUP runs the ball more than passes so I would expect them to look for a large squat posterior chained individual to plug in at guard. All I know about Dauberman's feet is they have to be big at 6' 4', probably a size 14 or 15. With his size, he may have the "levers" to play tackle - pending of course the foot speed. I don't imagine an all conference and 3rd team All American would be joining the program as a depth player. Mcallister at right guard, Arnold at center. Where else but left guard does a 6' 0" 290lb guy fit? Unless they switch him over to D-Tackle - but I'm just throwing that out there as a thinking out load passing thought giving that he's a low probability depth player. If he is indeed coming to IUP.

Comment

I would guess his feet are good given the post season honors. Even though it is supposed that the post season stuff can be political, I still have to believe that a kid has to be a player to get the nod. Besides, IUP runs the ball more than passes so I would expect them to look for a large squat posterior chained individual to plug in at guard. All I know about Dauberman's feet is they have to be big at 6' 4', probably a size 14 or 15. With his size, he may have the "levers" to play tackle - pending of course the foot speed. I don't imagine an all conference and 3rd team All American would be joining the program as a depth player. Mcallister at right guard, Arnold at center. Where else but left guard does a 6' 0" 290lb guy fit? Unless they switch him over to D-Tackle - but I'm just throwing that out there as a thinking out load passing thought giving that he's a low probability depth player. If he is indeed coming to IUP.
                  It will be interesting to see who is actually coming to IUP and the competition for the open spots on the OL.

Comment

For those unaware, both the IUP men's and women's basketball teams advanced to today's PSAC Finals.

The women play at Kutztown and the men play Mercyhurst in an all-West final (KCAC).

Comment

What a day ...

IUP wins both the men's and women's conference title.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        What a day ...

CONGRATS!!!! GREAT day for IUP!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          What a day ...

The haters are gonna be hating now.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            The haters are gonna be hating now.
                            I'll take two out of the three 'revenue' sports any day. Very special day for IUP.

We'd need one of the stat guys like Horror Child to comment but I can't imagine this has happened too often.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              I'll take two out of the three 'revenue' sports any day. Very special day for IUP.

We'd need one of the stat guys like Horror Child to comment but I can't imagine this has happened too often.

It should have been 3 for 3 but the foosball team choked.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                It should have been 3 for 3 but the foosball team choked.
                                *Sigh*......Man Nation., you had to bring that up. But I think they pretty much choked in the 2017 season than last year. I think the team in 2018 overall had the wrong mindset.
                                Last edited by ShoNuff; 03-10-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X