• Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    The Spring Roster is out:

https://iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Notice a 3rd QB on the roster, a Jalen Reese from OH:

https://iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6143

He is listed as a Freshman, but my research suggest for a few years he was on the University of Toledo squad:

https://utrockets.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5851

Nice to see some of those names back on there. There's no excusing them for sitting out due to grades last year but there is credit to be given for sticking around and fixing their academic (and team) standing. It would have been super easy for them to just transfer out.

That's the part I don't think everybody is realizing. The 'team' is adding back some real punch there with the return of the infamous 2018 academic all-stars. It's basically like adding new players in many ways.

Tort raved about Duane Brown on the radio ... said he dominated the scout team last year and the starting defense got real tired of playing against him. If some of you haven't seen him since his true freshman season ... he's a little bigger -- I'll say that. Ripped big.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Hard to say on Mr. Toledo ... I can't imagine the staff would have brought in a tomato can. They must have saw something or know something.

Remember a year ago SRU had a 3rd string QB who hadn't played much in college .... Roland Rivers.

And, let's face it, the VAST majority of guys coming down to D2 are coming down because they don't see the field in D1. The others are usually scholars or criminals.
      Can you say Chase Haslett?

Rivers played in 18 games ('15 &'16) at Valdosta with close to 2,000 yds passing; then got hurt in 2017

Comment

Haslett was all about $$$ and name recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
          Haslett was all about $$$ and name recognition.
          That was tossing a bone to a big donor. Nothing more.

If Toledo doesn't work after the spring they can just cut him, too. But, so many D2 stars over the years showed up on our campuses in much the same manner.

Comment

With Kutztown having 2 pretty good QB's I'm surprised IUP hasn't tried poaching one away. Eric Nickel will be a R-Jr while their incumbent Collin DiGalbo will be a R-Sr. If DiGalbo stays healthy Nickel will just be a back up with only one year to start as opposed to transferring out west and being a 2 year starter while the R-Fr serve as his backup.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
              With Kutztown having 2 pretty good QB's I'm surprised IUP hasn't tried poaching one away. Eric Nickel will be a R-Jr while their incumbent Collin DiGalbo will be a R-Sr. If DiGalbo stays healthy Nickel will just be a back up with only one year to start as opposed to transferring out west and being a 2 year starter while the R-Fr serve as his backup.
              Right because I'm sure IUP's two highly-touted youngsters will stay and wait for the next two years. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                A three-year medical redshirt doesn't seem likely. He'd have to have burned some eligibility along the way, I would think.
                My apologies. What I was trying to say is somewhere within the 3 years he must had a medical red shirt, not 3 consecutive years.

Located an article, looks like he got all of his playing time last season has a holder for the placekicker:

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...es/20180919146
                Last edited by ShoNuff; 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                  My apologies. What I was trying to say is somewhere within the 3 years he must had a medical red shirt, not 3 consecutive years.

Located an article, looks like he got all of his playing time last season has a holder for the placekicker:

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...es/20180919146
                  That is where his PT will come here as well. Let's just say this kid enrolling did not put an end to Tort's search. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    A three-year medical redshirt doesn't seem likely. He'd have to have burned some eligibility along the way, I would think.
                    Whatever the situation was or is, smart move by staff, another arm for Spring ball and a good look to see talent level. If not satisfied bring on another transfer for August, it's not Rocket science...in addition rumor has it the OL got a boost with a all conference player from another D2 program....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                      ....in addition rumor has it the OL got a boost with a all conference player from another D2 program....just sayin
                      Ohhhhhh Transfer rumors! Improving the OL? I am in! Now, get me some DBs and we are rolling. Spring ball not far away now.

Comment

Ohhhhhh Transfer rumors! Improving the OL? I am in! Now, get me some DBs and we are rolling. Spring ball not far away now.
                        They have 16 DBs on the Spring Roster ( https://iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=football ) as well as 3-4 in their recruiting class and you want more DBs?

Comment

I always want more. And better.

Comment

Honestly, numbers alone in the secondary won't cut it. The secondary didn't perform all that well last year and needs a talent (and coaching) upgrade. Jus sayin

Comment

Honestly, numbers alone in the secondary won't cut it. The secondary didn't perform all that well last year and needs a talent (and coaching) upgrade. Jus sayin
                              It needed a damn psychologist.

Talent wasn't the issue. WAY too many diva's back there.

Comment

Anybody know from what D2 program the rumored all conference player from another D2 program is transferring from to IUP?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X