$tockett was money.
      Beat me to it!!!

Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

News out of Spring Camp:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...e6e912cf0.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
          Just like you guys responded on that "Transfer Portal" topic, it looks like the above average D-1 players has a better opportunity in landing with another D-1 program since they are apparently very visible in this new Transfer Portal. With 16 DBs already on the Spring Roster, 3 DBs in this recruiting class, can't see IUP bring in more DBs. If anything I see them bringing in some WRs, DLs and maybe OLs. BUT....we shall see how things goes.

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            $tockett was money.

Comment

$tockett was money.
              Cash cold! The kid had everything physically you could want in a QB. If only Curt hadn't been so utterly stupid regarding the 2014 season and the QB quandary. Certainly no names need to be mentioned here----but wasn't that whole situation on par with this whole Felicity Huffman Lori Loughlin thing currently going on. It was pretty much the same damn thing! My blood still boils over all of that!

But I guess Lenny coming in the summer of 2015 rendered all of it as academic. But if only Lenny hadn't stolen Homer's girlfriend...that certainly led to a lot of friction on here.

Last we heard $tockett was at Urbana with former IUP OC Tyler Haines. At least he knew what a good QB looked like.

-

Comment

Yes, I do seem to remember $tockett starting the final 2014 home game against West Chester. 3 for 9 48 yards and one TD Pass. Haslett came in at 11:30 of the third quarter. $tockett was mawhkneeee, but not too much so on that day.

Comment

As per Matt's article in the local edition this afternoon (linked above) there will be a scrimmage for the IUP football team at 4 PM on Friday at Miller. Looks like showers in the forecast. Better bring the rain gear.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                    Yes, I do seem to remember $tockett starting the final 2014 home game against West Chester. 3 for 9 48 yards and one TD Pass. Haslett came in at 11:30 of the third quarter. $tockett was mawhkneeee, but not too much so on that day.
                    You're wrong here. IUP was at least competitive that day. Don't forget that they played a very good West Chest team that was ranked in the top 20. He at least didn't commit totally stupid turnovers at every turn of the road like the other guy did. They put the other guy in and right away a crazy pinball completion to Salath Williams that bounced off of like four or five guys and a play or two later yet another INT. That was the point were I turned and walked away.

And don't forget the time the next season when Curt tried to give the other guy some gravy with the ball inside the five. He pulled Lenny and let the other guy throw the ball. Guess what? Interception city! It was his last meaningful snap ever at IUP and Thank the Lord for that!

And if you recall in the Shepherd playoff game when Lenny kept getting his helmet pulled off down inside the ten---Curt would call the timeout so he didn't have to risk putting the other guy in to do something completely inept and stupid. At least he learned his lesson by then. He was the worst IUP QB ever with perhaps one exception.

For you to suggest otherwise just shows that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      You're wrong here. IUP was at least competitive that day. Don't forget that they played a very good West Chest team that was ranked in the top 20. He at least didn't commit totally stupid turnovers at every turn of the road like the other guy did. They put the other guy in and right away a crazy pinball completion to Salath Williams that bounced off of like four or five guys and a play or two later yet another INT. That was the point were I turned and walked away.

And don't forget the time the next season when Curt tried to give the other guy some gravy with the ball inside the five. He pulled Lenny and let the other guy throw the ball. Guess what? Interception city! It was his last meaningful snap ever at IUP and Thank the Lord for that!

And if you recall in the Shepherd playoff game when Lenny kept getting his helmet pulled off down inside the ten---Curt would call the timeout so he didn't have to risk putting the other guy in to do something completely inept and stupid. At least he learned his lesson by then. He was the worst IUP QB ever with perhaps one exception.

For you to suggest otherwise just shows that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

-
                      My memory is the same as IUPmonks, the stats are also with our memory - Chase Haslett 14-19-1 147 Eddie Stockett 3-9-0 48 Cignetti was questioned on here because IUP may have had a chance to win had he not given Stockett his chance.

but those days are gone, neither worked out to be very successful.

I have to say though, I'm not too plused by Tort's comments about how the QB doesn't have to be the best Athlete on the field, he just has to run the team. lower expectations already. I hope this year is not his waterloo :smile-big:
                      Last edited by ironmaniup; 04-10-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        . He was the worst IUP QB ever with perhaps one exception.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                          My memory is the same as IUPmonks, the stats are also with our memory - Chase Haslett 14-19-1 147 Eddie Stockett 3-9-0 48 Cignetti was questioned on here because IUP may have had a chance to win had he not given Stockett his chance.

I have to say though, I'm not too plused by Tort's comments about how the QB doesn't have to be the best Athlete on the field, he just has to run the team. lower expectations already. I hope this year is not his waterloo :smile-big:

No good poker player ever shows his hand, either.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                            What? I said $tockett wasn't too much money that day. I didn't say he sucked. Money would have been 22 - 30, 375yards and three TDs, played the whole game and won. On this day, for what ever reason, he was average. Given the history of that whole QB situation in 2014, one can make an assertion that he wasn't given a chance in that game or the whole year to prove that he was better than the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

No good poker player ever shows his hand, either.
                              I just believe in so many words Coach Tort is trying to make it appear that all three QBs still has a chance in being the starter. The other key point he stated is that whomever the starting QB is he "can not make many mistakes". IUP was 2 plays/mistakes away from remaining undefeated til the season finale.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                                I just believe in so many words Coach Tort is trying to make it appear that all three QBs still has a chance in being the starter. The other key point he stated is that whomever the starting QB is he "can not make many mistakes". IUP was 2 plays/mistakes away from remaining undefeated til the season finale.
                                Sounds like they want their QB to be good game manager. Avoid high risk passing attempts in attempt to cut down turnover and increase ball possession time. Return to the IUP offensive scheme of control the ground game and use the play action and short slants when the D starts loading the box. A few times a game, go deep when they D gets suckered in by the short and intermediate stuff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X