Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Agree Brown is a star in waiting if he can get to class ... non believers can just ask any defensive player on the team that had to go against the scout O last year. Jus sayin
    As a RB, I agree with you 100%. Brown got crumbs during his freshman year and still managed 500 yards and 6 TDs. I rather have him in the backfield more and Justice as a WR/Slot. However, I have not seen Brown playing the WR slot.

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      Actually, IUP has not had much experience with the one and done breed of QB in their program history. The only one that I can think of offhand is former Notre Dame QB and baseball player Paul Failla in 1998. The results were so-so. He did lead them into the playoffs but I think they exited rather early.

The vast majority of the IUP transfer QBs over the years had multiple years of eligibility when they arrived on campus---

Rich Ingold- three years

Scott Woods- three years

Ken Ferguson- two years

Lenny Williams- four years

Mike Box- two-three years

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Comment

That was one of the worst weather games ever at IUP. It was just awful. It rained hard the entire game, was freezing and had very strong wind. Passing wasn't an option for either team.

Comment

Failla was a really good athlete but I remember him as a Brand X coming in because he was out of football 4 or 5 years (playing minor league baseball).

Comment

• https://iupathletics.com/news/2019/4...?path=football

Comment

Those are 2 really good additions to the staff.

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  That was one of the worst weather games ever at IUP. It was just awful. It rained hard the entire game, was freezing and had very strong wind. Passing wasn't an option for either team.

Comment

It's amazing that we never forget the kicker's name. Such a small part of the game, but always memorable. Then again, the snapper and the holder are just as important.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      It's amazing that we never forget the kicker's name. Such a small part of the game, but always memorable. Then again, the snapper and the holder are just as important.
                      I don't remember who the kicker was last year. Lol.

Comment

Personally, I am not a fan of singling out a player when the team loses.

If the team played better early on, then the kick attempt would not matter as much.

Team sport.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                          Personally, I am not a fan of singling out a player when the team loses.

If the team played better early on, then the kick attempt would not matter as much.

Team sport.

It comes with the job -- unfortunately for kickers.

Comment

• Comment

Wow, quite the hardass. A player tries and doesn't succeed, and you kick'em when they are down. This is just a game.....

Seems like everyone wants to blame someone. Pretty sad actually.

Comment

Looks like Shepherd didn't forget about it. In fact, they mentioned this very game earlier this month:

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2019/4...?path=football

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X