X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It absolutely would have to be a MAJOR distraction to have the DA on the sideline when probably a certain percentage of the team is in hot water of one kind or another. They probably keep looking over their shoulders. LOL.

I agree with your comments. It may be better to have that separation from county official and the student-athletes like that. I was just snickering about it. I'm sure others would do the same.

It's also possible that he has been a part of the IUP sideline since he was a young boy with his father being coach. I have no idea on that.

-

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          But if neither of them can grab the proverbial bull by the horns and win the job here in 2019 is it all that reasonable to just assume that one of them can win it a year later? I'm not so sure on that.

-
          I guess we are too spoiled of having a RS Freshman to start 4 years. Maybe these guys are not quite ready for prime time and maybe they need one more year.

Comment

It absolutely would have to be a MAJOR distraction to have the DA on the sideline when probably a certain percentage of the team is in hot water of one kind or another. They probably keep looking over their shoulders. LOL.

I agree with your comments. It may be better to have that separation from county official and the student-athletes like that. I was just snickering about it. I'm sure others would do the same.

It's also possible that he has been a part of the IUP sideline since he was a young boy with his father being coach. I have no idea on that.

-
            The donor sideline pass doesn't put one on the bench. Or, near it. They have to stand in a certain area and can't leave it (around the 25).

Comment

The PSAC used to allow so many 'away team' passes up until last season.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                now how about those long snappers on Friday? Jus sayin
                Is Eddie Gavitt still the long snapper? :laugh:

-

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                  I guess we are too spoiled of having a RS Freshman to start 4 years. Maybe these guys are not quite ready for prime time and maybe they need one more year.
                  But they are needed now. Pronto. The time has come today.

It doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence at this point in time of the QB situation if both ballyhooed QB recruits are unable to wrest the job from the rest of the pack. Now, add two transfers to the mix. What's the old adage--- if you have two QBs you don't have one. What if you have four? Goodness!

But this will be must-see television come fall camp.

-

Comment

It doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence at this point in time of the QB situation if both ballyhooed QB recruits are unable to wrest the job from the rest of the pack. Now, add two transfers to the mix. What's the old adage--- if you have two QBs you don't have one. What if you have four? Goodness!

-
                    Maybe each gets one quarter ?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Maybe each gets one quarter ?
                      That might work. At least it would drive IUP24 completely nuts! :laugh:

-

Comment

-
                        I believe the QB situation will be Ok. Remember, Coach Tort is looking for a QB to basically just manage the offense to include refrain from big TOs in the big game(s). If they have the OL playing back to normal they probably won't throw the ball that much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                          I believe the QB situation will be Ok. Remember, Coach Tort is looking for a QB to basically just manage the offense to include refrain from big TOs in the big game(s). If they have the OL playing back to normal they probably won't throw the ball that much.
                          They do need a QB that will make the right reads on the RPO, and is a threat to run or pass - otherwise we'll get what we saw last year - teams selling out to stop the run. They'll still beat the Lock Havens of the league with that, but not the better teams. The one year transfers I suppose will get the job done this year, but if the 2nd year guys are not ready, it means they'll never be more than average PSAC QBs at best.

Comment

Just guessing but the three-way spring derby is likely to see who is second string in the fall.

This Maxwell kid is a very legit prospect for this level. And, this offense isn't exactly rocket science. If he's here for the summer that will be plenty of time to learn all the handoffs and (3) pass plays.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Just guessing but the three-way spring
                              derby is likely to see who is second string in the fall.

This Maxwell kid is a very legit prospect for this level. And, this
                              offense isn't exactly rocket science. If he's here for the summer that will be plenty of time to learn all the handoffs and (3) pass plays.
                              This. Jus sayin

Comment

#FreeKevinReynolds

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X