Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Wright and Kolbe are war dawgs. They didn't have many on that soft team last year.

Two years ago and last year couldn't have been more different. One was a knock you out team. The other thought they were ... but were a soft team.

Kolbe isn't a savior ... but if you want to win big this year ... you need dawgs. Not whiny pretty boys.

Comment

Come on ... they aren't bringing him back to ride pine. He's a Day 1 starter. No questions asked. You telling me they aren't gonna play a 6'3", 205 lb physical receiver? Good luck with that prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Come on ... they aren't bringing him back to ride pine. He's a Day 1 starter. No questions asked. You telling me they aren't gonna play a 6'3", 205 lb physical receiver? Good luck with that prediction.
        Now with your SN I know you didn't go to SRU so take a minute to re-read what I said, give comprehension another go and tell me where I said any of what you are saying I "predicted" You are acting like this guy is something special. He caught 18 balls two years ago (including 1 in the Playoffs where "dawgs" are supposed to do their thang) ..... A healthy JoJo Gause will have a much bigger impact. jus sayin

Comment

JoJo was carrying a clipboard when it mattered.

Comment

JoJo was carrying a clipboard when it mattered.
            Hahahahaaha I guess you could say that if you want but at least he had an excuse....... don't think you can say the same for Kolbe for his disappearing act when it mattered ...jus sayin
            Last edited by BallHawkin; 05-17-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

We could argue all night. Fact is they are a better team with Kolbe than without him.

Somebody has to biatch-slap all those diva's from a year ago.

But no doubt they suffered without JoJo. He's a baller.

Comment

We could argue all night. Fact is they are a better team with Kolbe than without him.

Somebody has to biatch-slap all those diva's from a year ago.

But no doubt they suffered without JoJo. He's a baller.
                I hope if he comes in he plays lights out, just don't think I would bet any money on it. Prove me wrong Kolbe! jus sayin

Comment

I know Kolbe has size and intangibles BUT what the heck has he ever done???

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He had TDs against Rock, Cal and West Chester in 2017.

Also, I wouldn't say he 'let Tort down' last year. He was away from the team for personal reasons -- not academics or being suspended.

Again, I'm not saying he's going to be Randy Moss. But, they are clearly a better team with him than without him. They need guys like him to control all the knuckleheads.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                      Now with your SN I know you didn't go to SRU so take a minute to re-read what I said, give comprehension another go and tell me where I said any of what you are saying I "predicted" You are acting like this guy is something special. He caught 18 balls two years ago (including 1 in the Playoffs where "dawgs" are supposed to do their thang) ..... A healthy JoJo Gause will have a much bigger impact. jus sayin
                      BallHawkin - I think its fair to say that the QB play during the 2017 playoffs (After West Chester) was not so great. None of the receivers were able to attempt to do their thang. But to have another big and physical WR on the field this Fall would help the running game even more. Plus, I feel this QB transfer from the MAC conference might be a better thrower....just from the looks of his college highlight reel. BUT...we shall see come this Fall. However, I am more concern with the interior DL play. If the youngster Mitchell, Dail, and Fisher are unable push the pocket or command multiple blockers (like Averette and Weldon) so Lloyd and Amendola can make more plays behind or right at the line of scrimmage it could be another 9-2 or 8-3 season and sitting outside of the playoffs. Just hope all the players are trying their best to keep their bodies in good condition over the summer break, something they did NOT DO last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Well, as freshman at Edinboro he was 2nd on the team in receptions with 38:

https://static.gofightingscots.com/c...e.htm#TEAM.IND

So, I guess this makes his "upside" more promising.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

That was in 2014. Remember 2014? I do think continuity counts for a lot of players. Some players have the ability to overcome the stops and starts but many don't reach their potential. I hope he is a valuable contributor and, I agree, the team is better with him than without him.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            That was in 2014. Remember 2014? I do think continuity counts for a lot of players. Some players have the ability to overcome the stops and starts but many don't reach their potential. I hope he is a valuable contributor and, I agree, the team is better with him than without him.
                            VERY good point GroundHog.

Well, I am sure IUP scanning the portal as we speak, looking for possible players. We shall see what happen come the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Dude, that was like 10 years ago, calm down he is not needed on the 2019 squad trust me...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                                Dude, that was like 10 years ago, calm down he is not needed on the 2019 squad trust me...
                                I am very calm. I just stated why some believe he could be an asset to the team....whether its over 4 years or like 10 years ago. As I stated, we shall see when Fall rolls around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X