Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Kiski Area (not The Kiski School) has quietly become a hotbed for D2 players. This past season they had 4 or 5 sign with D2s. In the recent past it produced Justice Evans (IUP), the Kuhn brothers (YSU and SRU), ... among many others. I know Evans finished at Central but he's from Vandergrift. Kiski is a very small school for 5A ... never has enough good players all at the same time but always has several college-level players. Cal took a WR out of there this season.

If you go back about a decade the McKillop's, who both went on to star at Pitt, came from Kiski, as did former IUP LB Jeff Jackson.

Let's not forget, too, a name the IUP faithful will get to know real well in the near future ... IUP incoming freshman LB Drew DeNunzio-Biss.

I would have loved to see them get the Ross Greece kid out of Kiski last year, but after committing to Robert Morris he pulled out late after their coaching change. At that point he ended up at Clarion. Huge get for the Golden Eagles.

Comment

And the first domino falls:

Yahmir Wilkerson (IUP QB) opens his recruitment.

Link: https://twitter.com/yw14_/status/112...002044417?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
        And the first domino falls:

Yahmir Wilkerson (IUP QB) opens his recruitment.

Link: https://twitter.com/yw14_/status/112...002044417?s=21

Comment

• Comment

I don't believe that system is open to the general public.

Comment

We've been saying since the day they both signed one would be gone after the spring. It's just the way it goes.

Comment

It just seems like he didn't fit IUP's offense anyways. He will probably flourish at his next opportunity. Good luck to him.

Comment

Just looking at his playing style if he is able to play immediately his best bet would probably be to come back to the East and latch on at Millersville. Dual threat QB in an air it out attack while also having opportunities to tuck the ball away and run is what JC Morgan and Jeff Tomasetti do best.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                    Just looking at his playing style if he is able to play immediately his best bet would probably be to come back to the East and latch on at Millersville. Dual threat QB in an air it out attack while also having opportunities to tuck the ball away and run is what JC Morgan and Jeff Tomasetti do best.
                    He's from harrisburg, too, so his family would be close. At the spring game he had some good moments, also had some of the worst duds - heard he was pretty smart too. Hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      He's from harrisburg, too, so his family would be close. At the spring game he had some good moments, also had some of the worst duds - heard he was pretty smart too. Hope he does well.

This is Finals Week.

It's probably the most nervous the football coaching office has been in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        This is Finals Week.

It's probably the most nervous the football coaching office has been in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                          It just seems like he didn't fit IUP's offense anyways. He will probably flourish at his next opportunity. Good luck to him.

I would strongly disagree with that.

There were a few posters long ago saying he was the next guy. Others though Davis was. I thought Davis was the better quarterback, but there were most definitely people that felt he was the future quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                            I would strongly disagree with that.

There were a few posters long ago saying he was the next guy. Others though Davis was. I thought Davis was the better quarterback, but there were most definitely people that felt he was the future quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddle me this, Batman:

So, Davis' freshmen year was essentially a waste of eligibility. If he doesn't redshirt this year ... this year will be, too.

Is it conceivable he does take a redshirt this season and Toledo takes all the mop-up snaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              This is Finals Week.

Maybe they should hire Aunt Becky to oversee athlete academics....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Riddle me this, Batman:

So, Davis' freshmen year was essentially a waste of eligibility. If he doesn't redshirt this year ... this year will be, too.

Is it conceivable he does take a redshirt this season and Toledo takes all the mop-up snaps?
                                For the life of me, I don't understand how/why they handled the QB situation the way they did last year as it pertained to Davis. That redshirt rule that allows a player to play 4 games in a season is for Division 1 only. How many games did Davis play in? I really only remember one or two. The Millersville game. Maybe Lock Haven. Did he take any other snaps? As you said... They wasted a year of eligibility.

I would almost rather have seen them just go with Davis right out of the gate here. If they take their lumps with him, then so be it. That helps down the road. Is this a playoff team this year? I'm not totally convinced. Probably an unpopular opinion, but it's how I feel.

I'm nervous regarding the quarterback position. Davis is essentially a freshman. Toledo has barely stepped on a college field. Maxwell seems okay, but only played a few games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X