Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Good for you! Always try to be in the seats - rain or shine - when he's on the field. It will be much appreciated. I guess this is a good as time as any to re-post the Monk approved rain gear. Kept me dry through many of driving rain storms in Edinboro. https://www.fullsource.com/mcr-safet...CABEgK1rvD_BwE

Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Most wet I ever was at a game was 3-4 years ago when Pitt played up at Akron. We kept the heat on high for 3 hours on the ride back ... was still cold.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Most wet I ever was at a game was 3-4 years ago when Pitt played up at Akron. We kept the heat on high for 3 hours on the ride back ... was still cold.
        I went to my sons 5A Playoff Game game this past year. It rained so hard, the field was under water, officials delayed the start of the game an hour and it never stopped raining until 2 minutes left in the game. By that time there, we were drenched to the bone and lost 50-6. My Frog Togg failed me!

Comment

I will see if I can make time to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
            I will see if I can make time to attend.

It would be fantastic to see the school promote the game. Close the Eberly lots off ... set up a band in the parking lot. Make it an event.

But, that won't happen.

Comment

Funny you should say that because I was at that game. That was my first year in Columbus and I drove up to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                Funny you should say that because I was at that game. That was my first year in Columbus and I drove up to the game.
                I really liked Akron's stadium. That would be the perfect size for Pitt.

I remember Akron was really bummed out the weather was so bad. They rarely get a home game against a P5 program.

Comment

I really liked Akron's stadium. That would be the perfect size for Pitt.

I remember Akron was really bummed out the weather was so bad. They rarely get a home game against a P5 program.
                  That concept and design was awesome. I think it held 20,000, which is probably a touch small for a Power 5 program, but the look and appearance is what they should go for if they ever go that route. They need something in the neighborhood of 40-45K if they ever built a stadium. That's what most schools have and that's what Pitt needs. Contrary to popular opinion and hot takes, Pitt's attendance is pretty standard compared to the rest of the country, they just play in a stadium that's far too big. They draw 40,000. Most schools around the country are in that 40-45 range.

Go look up Stanford and Louisville's stadium. You can build the right size stadium for your program and fan base.

Comment

Maxwell did not sign on to be a back up. He is a talent that was recruited by the top D2 and FCS programs, even one close to his crib that is a D2 power. So stop speculating let the kids back him up learn and progress. Summer and fall camp is enough to get ready for New Haven. He will have a stable of backs and a major weapon in D.Brown so sit back and enjoy....just sayin

Comment

Maxwell cut up
                      https://youtu.be/x2XG9_HyuPg

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                        Maxwell did not sign on to be a back up. He is a talent that was recruited by the top D2 and FCS programs, even one close to his crib that is a D2 power. So stop speculating let the kids back him up learn and progress. Summer and fall camp is enough to get ready for New Haven. He will have a stable of backs and a major weapon in D.Brown so sit back and enjoy....just sayin

Comment

Agree. Both were brought here for a reason in the summer of 2018 and that was for one of them to win the starting IUP QB job after Lenny departed.

We all hope Maxwell comes in and leads IUP deep into the playoffs if he ends up winning the job.
                          Actually, IUP has not had much experience with the one and done breed of QB in their program history. The only one that I can think of offhand is former Notre Dame QB and baseball player Paul Failla in 1998. The results were so-so. He did lead them into the playoffs but I think they exited rather early.

The vast majority of the IUP transfer QBs over the years had multiple years of eligibility when they arrived on campus---

Rich Ingold- three years

Scott Woods- three years

Ken Ferguson- two years

Lenny Williams- four years

Mike Box- two-three years

Agree. While I am happy that IUP412 is high on D. Brown--- there is still a lot to prove before he gets labeled the next big thing out of the IUP backfield.

Also, last year was to be a fully-stocked stable of stellar RBs only to be terribly thinned by academic woes and a rash of injuries. You really can't count on anything as a guarantee.

-

Comment

Brown is a star. Just wait and see. He's a D1 guy playing D2. He doesn't injure his knee as a senior at Apollo-Ridge there's no chance he's here. He's not 'only' going to play RB this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                              Appreciate the info regarding his recruitment. Once it was announced on here of his signing I did my research and notice where he's from. Then it got me to wonder why he did not go back and play in his state. To know that IUP was able to sign him over other schools speaks some volume on his potential.

As I stated earlier, with Lenny being a RS freshman when he won the starting QB position and held it for the next 4 years I think we (well, at least I did) got spoiled from that and expected one of the two young QBs to do the same, not realizing what Lenny did is not quite the norm. I still hope that the young QBs are understanding of this current situation and at least stay for another season to develop more.

From that Cut Up/highlight reel that badboyz8 provided (and thank you Sir), Maxwell was making all the throws at the "Mid-Major" level. So I am sure he can do the same at the D-II level, just hope our current weapons can continue to make him look good in the games. The running game "should" create big play opportunities in the passing game.

Comment

Agree Brown is a star in waiting if he can get to class ... non believers can just ask any defensive player on the team that had to go against the scout O last year. Jus sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X