Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Just guessing but the three-way spring derby is likely to see who is second string in the fall.

This Maxwell kid is a very legit prospect for this level. And, this offense isn't exactly rocket science. If he's here for the summer that will be plenty of time to learn all the handoffs and (3) pass plays.
    Maybe this offensive system isn't so special at all without a Lenny-type running it. Certainly pretty much a disaster at times last year. Defensive coaches of the other PSAC and D-II schools aren't stupid. They probably have digested enough tape to know how to shut it down or at least really slow it down. It may be time to come up with something a little different perhaps. This will be, what?, the fifth year now that IUP will be running it. And Lenny ain't here no more.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      That might work. At least it would drive IUP24 completely nuts! :laugh:

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        Maybe this offensive system isn't so special at all without a Lenny-type running it. Certainly pretty much a disaster at times last year. Defensive coaches of the other PSAC and D-II schools aren't stupid. They probably have digested enough tape to know how to shut it down or at least really slow it down. It may be time to come up with something a little different perhaps. This will be, what?, the fifth year now that IUP will be running it. And Lenny ain't here no more.

-
        Four years is a long time. Lot of film. Add to it IUP's playcalling was beyond horrendous last year. Tate Gregory was beyond awful.

Comment

Four years is a long time. Lot of film. Add to it IUP's playcalling was beyond horrendous last year. Tate Gregory was beyond awful.
          Wonder if he eats the same boring and bland breakfast each morning?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
            A few people I talked to (and at least one on here) last year made a suggestion that it wasn't so much the play calling as the QB's reads, and audible's ( or lack there of). Its true, opponents figured the best defense, but the offense relies on the QB to make good choices as well. I think the pick 6 at cal got into his head, and he was never the same after.

Comment

• Comment

If they can get past the New Haven opener then they can tinker a bit. The next two weeks are snooze-fests.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  If they can get past the New Haven opener then they can tinker a bit. The next two weeks are snooze-fests.

Comment

I am taking a positive approach to the QB situation and think it's one of those "good situations to have." There is definitely a QB Derby on and while none of the candidates is a proven starting QB on this level IUP has 4 guys who, on paper, appear to have a lot of potential. Some of our opponents don't have 1 QB on the level that these guys are on. I am not worried about it. I think it will work itself out.

Comment

Anyone attending the Spring Game next Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                        Definately going to try to attend. Is it usually attended well in past years?

Comment

Originally posted by NewtotheHawknest2018 View Post
                          Definately going to try to attend. Is it usually attended well in past years?
                          Plenty of good seats available. Put it that way.

Comment

Plenty of good seats available. Put it that way.
                            I figured as much but I like to support loved ones so I will go and take the opportunity to enjoy an evening with him. Hope for beautiful weather that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                              Certainly the Draftnik crowd will be home tuned into the NFL Network or ESPN for rounds 2 and 3.

-

Comment

Originally posted by NewtotheHawknest2018 View Post
                                I figured as much but I like to support loved ones so I will go and take the opportunity to enjoy an evening with him. Hope for beautiful weather that's all.
                                Good for you! Always try to be in the seats - rain or shine - when he's on the field. It will be much appreciated. I guess this is a good as time as any to re-post the Monk approved rain gear. Kept me dry through many of driving rain storms in Edinboro. https://www.fullsource.com/mcr-safet...CABEgK1rvD_BwE

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X