Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    It looks like he can run, but running isn't his main thing. listed as pro- style. Maybe a change in the Offense.
    Oh, he can run a little. His high school highlight reel shows that:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/627234/...cb0d12f8615e95

So I think IUP will still keep their pistol offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
      Told yinz after the guy that enrolled in Jan that he wasn't THE guy and Tort wasn't done with his search...........stay tuned .......... jus sayin
      Yes, you sure did warn us that Tort was NOT done searching for a QB. Props goes out to ya.....just sayin

Comment

Not sure how it will shake down in the end but scholarships are "renewed" yearly ......... there will not be 4 Qbs "on scholarship" in August in fact there are not even 3 on scholarship right now. jus sayin
        This sounds like the Toledo transfer is not a scholarship QB.....just saying.

Comment

What kind of stats did Lenny put up at Temple before he got to IUP? Jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
            QB most important position on any team. Lenny had a nice career but quite honestly he cost them big time in there Cal/SRU/WF losses with the turnover bug...This kid on paper looks like a great get...just sayin
            Have to agree with you regarding Lenny. He had a nice career, including 3 times a Harlon Hill Trophy nominee. But in the big games his turnovers really hurt the team.

There are some things I like about Maxwell. I love the fact as a redshirt freshman he came off the bench to start 6 games to led Ohio to the MAC Championship Game. However, he was unable to keep the job...and I do wonder why. Also, will this move make Davis and/or Wilkerson decide to transfer after the school year.

Comment

What kind of stats did Lenny put up at Temple before he got to IUP? Jus sayin
              Didn't Lenny redshirted at Temple?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                Have to agree with you regarding Lenny. He had a nice career, including 3 times a Harlon Hill Trophy nominee. But in the big games his turnovers really hurt the team.

There are some things I like about Maxwell. I love the fact as a redshirt freshman he came off the bench to start 6 games to led Ohio to the MAC Championship Game. However, he was unable to keep the job...and I do wonder why. Also, will this move make Davis and/or Wilkerson decide to transfer after the school year.
                That's the danger of bringing in a one and done type of player. Is it worth losing your young QBs that you already have a season plus invested in?

Is anyone attending the scrimmage tomorrow? It would be a great chance to gauge exactly where Davis and Wilkerson are at in terms of their development. It would be interesting to hear how they are coming along.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                  Didn't Lenny redshirted at Temple?
                  Yes. He had four years at IUP-- 2015-2018.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    That's the danger of bringing in a one and done type of player. Is it worth losing your young QBs that you already have a season plus invested in?

Is anyone attending the scrimmage tomorrow? It would be a great chance to gauge exactly where Davis and Wilkerson are at in terms of their development. It would be interesting to hear how they are coming along.

-
                    I wish I could go to the scrimmage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                      This sounds like the Toledo transfer is not a scholarship QB.....just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                        Oh, he can run a little. His high school highlight reel shows that:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/627234/...cb0d12f8615e95

So I think IUP will still keep their pistol offense.

Comment

Or maybe someones Midterms didn't come out too good, and they wanted to get out in front of the potential problem. Plus, in the system they run, the QBs get hurt more often.

Comment

That was my point ... he had none. This kid from Ohio U took meaningful snaps in multiple seasons at a decent D1 program. We had no idea what Lenny could and could not do at QB until he showed us , we do have a better idea of this guys qualifications. If one of the young guys want to play then they need to beat out whoever is on the roster .cant live in our fears ..... obviously .... jus sayin

Comment

That was my point ... he had none. This kid from Ohio U took meaningful snaps in multiple seasons at a decent D1 program. We had no idea what Lenny could and could not do at QB until he showed us , we do have a better idea of this guys qualifications. If one of the young guys want to play then they need to beat out whoever is on the roster .cant live in our fears ..... obviously .... jus sayin
                              As usual, you made some VERY good points.

Just hope the you QBs stay the course, even though this will be another year lost in their eyes.

Comment

The QB mess continues to grow!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X