Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Sounds like they want their QB to be good game manager. Avoid high risk passing attempts in attempt to cut down turnover and increase ball possession time. Return to the IUP offensive scheme of control the ground game and use the play action and short slants when the D starts loading the box. A few times a game, go deep when they D gets suckered in by the short and intermediate stuff.
    But Monk - according to the PSAC Football web page IUP was next to last in passing attempts last season, throwing just 3 more passes than bottom ranked Bloomsburg. So I think they always wanted a good game manager to go along with their running game. I just hope the OL return to their 2017 play, along with a healthier stable of RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      But Monk - according to the PSAC Football web page IUP was next to last in passing attempts last season, throwing just 3 more passes than bottom ranked Bloomsburg. So I think they always wanted a good game manager to go along with their running game. I just hope the OL return to their 2017 play, along with a healthier stable of RBs.
      Yea, my brain keeps associating Lenny with a bubble screens, short passes, and QB draws even though they did run the ball quite a bit. I think I may becoming indwelt by Homer. We may have to have an exorcism at the Angry Mob tool shed at the the Fleming St apartment complex.

Comment

There was nothing left down the stretch. Too many stars on crutches. Too many others were mentally checked out. Too many others were in the library

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          There was nothing left down the stretch. Too many stars on crutches. Too many others were mentally checked out. Too many others were in the library
          The ones that should have been in the library couldn't have found it with a campus map ......... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            What? I said $tockett wasn't too much money that day. I didn't say he sucked. Money would have been 22 - 30, 375yards and three TDs, played the whole game and won. On this day, for what ever reason, he was average. Given the history of that whole QB situation in 2014, one can make an assertion that he wasn't given a chance in that game or the whole year to prove that he was better than the other guy.
            Exactly! It became fairly evident that the other guy (already being a junior with ZERO college experience) was not worth the investment nor the time that the coaching staff gave him. $tockett--given his physical gifts and being a redshirt freshman-- was the much smarter investment for IUP to go with at that time. Had he been given actual quality playing time in the "lesser" games that season he very well may have had the chance to have showed more.

And let us not forget the curious situation of Logan Weaver. He was named the second string QB at the onset of the season and then got to take something like three or four snaps in the second game (Kutztown??) after the other guy completely flamed out and threw like one or two passes. Immediately after the game he was demoted from 2nd to 3rd string. He promptly left the team and who could really blame him? Some chance he was given, huh? LOL.

But the whole sorry affair of the 2014 IUP QB debacle should not be forgotten. It was downright criminal. No different than the scandal we now see charges being brought against Felicty Huffman and the Full House lady. The wealthy and famous alum who paid for this should be tossed out of the IUP Hall of Fame. The guy is a total scumbag and a royal ****.

And let's also give some credit to the young IUP student Cody Benjamin who was right on top of this story before the smoke cleared on the 2014 season with his expose of how the IUP football program was being run. I think that Curt was basically a good person and a good coach who just got taken for a ride and played for a prime fool by said scumbucket famous alum. Take a look at that dolt's personal and professional dealings over the years and see how well he is regarded by those who knew him.

-

Comment

I wasn't around for the 2010 season but many reference Bo Napoleon as being rather a bad QB. But he was a backup thrust into the starting role after the Pat Smith injury. At least their was no graft involved with his situation.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                Exactly! It became fairly evident that the other guy (already being a junior with ZERO college experience) was not worth the investment nor the time that the coaching staff gave him. $tockett--given his physical gifts and being a redshirt freshman-- was the much smarter investment for IUP to go with at that time. Had he been given actual quality playing time in the "lesser" games that season he very well may have had the chance to have showed more.

And let us not forget the curious situation of Logan Weaver. He was named the second string QB at the onset of the season and then got to take something like three or four snaps in the second game (Kutztown??) after the other guy completely flamed out and threw like one or two passes. Immediately after the game he was demoted from 2nd to 3rd string. He promptly left the team and who could really blame him? Some chance he was given, huh? LOL.

But the whole sorry affair of the 2014 IUP QB debacle should not be forgotten. It was downright criminal. No different than the scandal we now see charges being brought against Felicty Huffman and the Full House lady. The wealthy and famous alum who paid for this should be tossed out of the IUP Hall of Fame. The guy is a total scumbag and a royal ****.

And let's also give some credit to the young IUP student Cody Benjamin who was right on top of this story before the smoke cleared on the 2014 season with his expose of how the IUP football program was being run. I think that Curt was basically a good person and a good coach who just got taken for a ride and played for a prime fool by said scumbucket famous alum. Take a look at that dolt's personal and professional dealings over the years and see how well he is regarded by those who knew him.

-
                Curt has a major decision to make at James Madison before he's even coached a game. Many on the James Madison boards think he's going to boot Stapleton off the team. Others feel five game suspension. It will be interesting to see how Curt handles his star pupil (who is an NFL prospect).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Curt has a major decision to make at James Madison before he's even coached a game. Many on the James Madison boards think he's going to boot Stapleton off the team. Others feel five game suspension. It will be interesting to see how Curt handles his star pupil (who is an NFL prospect).
                  It will be a very interesting decision given Curt's assumed history with the young man. I believe that he once dated Curt's one daughter. He no doubt is close to him. He should know what kind of fellow he is. I have no real idea what happened in the incident in Indiana. I'm sure Curt will do the right thing and follow his moral compass.

-

Comment

I wasn't around for the 2010 season but many reference Bo Napoleon as being rather a bad QB. But he was a backup thrust into the starting role after the Pat Smith injury. At least their was no graft involved with his situation.

-
                    Bo Napolean was the worst D2 QB I've ever seen!!!

Comment

-
                      I'm always amazed by how differently some people see things, it helps if you actually focus on facts.
                      Curt went out and got a transfer the next year to replace him, not something you do after a pay off.
                      Both Weaver and Stockett transferred to weaker teams, with Weaver not playing a meaningful snap, and Stockett starting a few games - for Urbana, sort of the Lock Haven of the MEC - I suppose he'd have started at Lock Haven , too, maybe if he could keep his grades up.

No one will say Hazlett was a great QB, but he does hold the record for most completions in a game ( tied with some real heavy weights at the position.) 35 -44 350 yds against Cal, of course you'll remember the interception in the endzone that could have sent the game into OT - like I said, no one will say he was that good, but you don't put up those numbers by being the worst ever either.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        I'm always amazed by how differently some people see things, it helps if you actually focus on facts.
                        Curt went out and got a transfer the next year to replace him, not something you do after a pay off.
                        Both Weaver and Stockett transferred to weaker teams, with Weaver not playing a meaningful snap, and Stockett starting a few games - for Urbana, sort of the Lock Haven of the MEC - I suppose he'd have started at Lock Haven , too, maybe if he could keep his grades up.

No one will say Hazlett was a great QB, but he does hold the record for most completions in a game ( tied with some real heavy weights at the position.) 35 -44 350 yds against Cal, of course you'll remember the interception in the endzone that could have sent the game into OT - like I said, no one will say he was that good, but you don't put up those numbers by being the worst ever either.
                        I agree. Chase Haslett was no different than a lot of the QB transfers we've seen. He had a great HS career, then spent 3 years at Illinois as a backup. A reasonable profile as a stopgap for IUP at the time. He graduated from Illinois in 3 years and earned a master's degree at IUP. He was also a highly touted 2 sport star coming out of HS (football and baseball). Coincidentally, his father is an icon of IUP football and has given a lot of money to the program over the years, including a very large gift the year Chase came in. To assume there was a cause and effect relationship there is presumptuous, in my opinion.

In my opinion, that Penn article by the student was a lot of hyperbole and rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I agree. Chase Haslett was no different than a lot of the QB transfers we've seen. He had a great HS career, then spent 3 years at Illinois as a backup. A reasonable profile as a stopgap for IUP at the time. He graduated from Illinois in 3 years and earned a master's degree at IUP. He was also a highly touted 2 sport star coming out of HS (football and baseball). Coincidentally, his father is an icon of IUP football and has given a lot of money to the program over the years, including a very large gift the year Chase came in. To assume there was a cause and effect relationship there is presumptuous, in my opinion.

In my opinion, that Penn article by the student was a lot of hyperbole and rubbed me the wrong way.
                          #witch-hunt

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Comment

You guys waste a ton of time talking about the past, who cares. They have landed a big time trigger that is all that matters moving forward. IUP is about competing at a high level and this signing should help for sure....just sayin

Comment

Grad transfer QB Quinton Maxwell (Ohio U) has signed with IUP.

https://www.thepostathens.com/articl...-ohio-football

6'4", 230 lbs
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-11-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X