Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Personally, I am not a fan of singling out a player when the team loses.

If the team played better early on, then the kick attempt would not matter as much.

Team sport.

Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Comment

Comment

I, too, attended. You can justify sitting through it when you win. It just sucks otherwise.

We were three of probably 200 people there. Although, in message board years I think that number is up to about 5,000 now. Lol.

Comment

• Comment

I have to agree with you. In pee-wee football you feel bad for the kid. At this level of college football the player is expected to make the kick.

At the high D2 level, anything inside 35-38 yards should be expected to be automatic. Being on a (D2) high profile team comes with pressure. They know that coming here. College sports aren't for everybody.

The 48-yard, walk-off against Ashland two years ago was really a 'moment' at Miller Stadium. At that distance you can't expect D2 kickers to routinely nail that one. But, they best make 33-yard kicks all day long.

Recall just a few years ago IUP couldn't even make extra points.

#laces-out

Comment

I thought the PAT attempt when it was 7-6 got blocked. Sounds like a blocking assignment issue more than the kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Recall just a few years ago IUP couldn't even make extra points.
                  #laces-out
                  Yes, but that was an anomoly. IUP has a long history of great kickers going back to Frank's first years as HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    I thought the PAT attempt when it was 7-6 got blocked. Sounds like a blocking assignment issue more than the kicker.

Comment

According to the recent article posted on on Shepherd's web site someone came from the left side and blocked it:

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2019/4...?path=football

Comment

Ok, again not my point ....but yeah low kicks generally get blocked. With that being said, I have no trouble calling out the left tackle if he missed his block to blow the game though. jus sayin

Comment

Any rumors of moving this $pring game to tomorrow (no rain)?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Any rumors of moving this $pring game to tomorrow (no rain)?
                            Good question I was wondering the same thing. I know kKutztown has cancelled their game tonight and just calling it a wrap with spring ball, which sucks for the seniors looking forward to their final spring game...

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                              Good question I was wondering the same thing. I know kKutztown has cancelled their game tonight and just calling it a wrap with spring ball, which sucks for the seniors looking forward to their final spring game...

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X