Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
    Hughes is Done.....Juco transfer Harrison Dreher from Clairton will be threre in August
    A good source recently told me that Hughes will also be on the team this Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      A good source recently told me that Hughes will also be on the team this Fall.
      I told you guys that a month ago ... everybody called me crazy. He is a HUGE (re)addition.

Comment

Kolbe is a tough dude. He doesn't take shiz from anybody and people listen to him.

They desperately lacked guys like him in that clown circus a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          I told you guys that a month ago ... everybody called me crazy. He is a HUGE (re)addition.
          I never thought you were crazy. Always believed there was a possibility he would return. Once I saw him post a video of him working out I knew he could be getting ready to play for someone. Glad its with IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
            I never thought you were crazy. Always believed there was a possibility he would return. Once I saw him post a video of him working out I knew he could be getting ready to play for someone. Glad its with IUP.
            Well, I guess it's not official until we see it in print on the roster, but ... that's a huge, immediate impact. They missed having that physical WR last year. Hughes is a big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Well, I guess it's not official until we see it in print on the roster, but ... that's a huge, immediate impact. They missed having that physical WR last year. Hughes is a big boy.
              Yep. WR is a definite need on this team, especially one with his skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                Yep. WR is a definite need on this team, especially one with his skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the type of stuff that gets lost in the projections, etc.

Adding back Duane Brown, Malik Anderson, Kolbe Hughes and Mikale Makle ... that's as good as just about any transfers they could have landed. And, better yet, they already know the systems -- and have all shown they can perform here immediately come Fall.

Think of it this way: Those four weren't here last year. So, basically, they (in theory) are part of this year's recruiting class of transfers/imports.

There are some people sleeping on this team. That may result in a nightmare for them.

Comment

I would hope Tort is not counting on a guy that already let him down once to provide any impact .......he better keep beating the transfer portal bushes........ jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                    I would hope Tort is not counting on a guy that already let him down once to provide any impact .......he better keep beating the transfer portal bushes........ jus sayin
                    Allen Wright worked out just fine. And, I can promise you he's heavily counting on Duane Brown ... another guy who 'already let him down once'. Just sayin'

Remember a ton of transfers are just other peoples' problems anyway. Kind of like Max was, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                      That is what IUP do....they usually look for transfers. We know this is not going to stop. But this is a big boost to the offense.

Comment

Allen Wright worked out just fine. And, I can promise you he's heavily counting on Duane Brown ... another guy who 'already let him down once'. Just sayin'

Remember a ton of transfers are just other peoples' problems anyway. Kind of like Max was, remember?
                        Max was unique. He actually recruited IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Max was unique. He actually recruited IUP.
                          Right. But ... we can't pretend his past didn't exist.

Comment

Allen Wright was kicked off the team by Coach Cignetti. But after Tort was named the interim HC one of the first things he did was reach out to Wright to bring him back on the team. Nothing wrong giving someone a 2nd chance. And yes, as much as he rant and rave over Brown in the Gazette we all know he's counting heavily on Brown. They REALLY missed him in the backfield during goal line and short-yardage situations. With McNeil. Gause and more than likely Hughes, plus the improving young TE Grant Smith this could be a pretty good receiving core. Now lets see if this MAC QB transfer is the real deal come this Fall.
                            Last edited by ShoNuff; 05-17-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Ok BallHawkin....I have to trust you on this one, especially since you stated you know a little about the situation. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X