Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Speaking of football program donations---former Pitt DT Aaron Donald just made a 7-figure contribution to the Panthers football program. Not bad!

Sounds like former Apollo-Ridge standout Tre Tipton made some noise today in the Pitt spring game.

-
    How long until some pimply faced journalism major tries to make a name for himself writing an "expose" on Donald's 5 year old son being offered a full ride and the starting QB job at Pitt for the 2032 season in exchange for his bribe errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr donation? jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
      I don't recall the post you are referring to ........please supply a link. Personally not knowing anything about ANY of the cases involved I would call BS on 20 arrests and zero convictions ..... are you possibly confusing a plea to a lesser charge as being an acquittal or withdrawn charges? Plea deals happen every day whether the accused is an athlete or some Joe from Clymer. No way a police department stands for a DA that dispenses justice in the manner alleged in the above post. (see Jussie Smollet) ..... just sayin
      It was a discussion on private message. Okay, I have no real idea on how it all worked out. Most were rather minor misdemeanor type cases. Certainly there have been some rather high profile cases over the years regarding IUP athletes. I don't recall how most of them were adjudicated. The one former hoops player got his case taken over by the feds some years back. Never heard what happened.

If the DA is who I think he is then we should note that his father was a former IUP head football coach. So he probably has a vested interest in the program. I don't know the guy so I have nothing bad to say about him on a personal level.

Just sayin'

-

Comment

How long until some pimply faced journalism major tries to make a name for himself writing an "expose" on Donald's 5 year old son being offered a full ride and the starting QB job at Pitt for the 2032 season in exchange for his bribe errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr donation? jus sayin
        Write it down---the fix is in! Clever way to do it though. Put the money in a dozen years before the kid gets to Pitt. I like the approach here! It's both creative and inventive. Hope the kid can sling the rock.

Looks like Pitt's passing offense took a step forward with the new OC Whipple on the job.

Again, just sayin'

-

Comment

It was a discussion on private message. Okay, I have no real idea on how it all worked out. Most were rather minor misdemeanor type cases. Certainly there have been some rather high profile cases over the years regarding IUP athletes. I don't recall how most of them were adjudicated. The one former hoops player got his case taken over by the feds some years back. Never heard what happened.

If the DA is who I think he is then we should note that his father was a former IUP head football coach. So he probably has a vested interest in the program. I don't know the guy so I have nothing bad to say about him on a personal level.

Just sayin'

-
          Having an interest, even a vested one, in the program is a far cry from the "fix is in" and corruption that was thrown out there. Pretty strong accusations without the evidence to back it up.

What I am saying is just because the guy might be on the sidelines on Saturdays doesn't mean he is up on Philly street putting his lively-hood and reputation on the line by putting the kibosh to criminal cases to protect the program or university. There are other players in the "game", including victims, that wouldn't allow it to happen. Not to mention that the PD isn't going to have 0-20 hung on them without making some noise.

Most of these DA's have bigger aspirations down the road ie judgeships, political appointments etc they aren't going to risk it for a sideline pass. jus sayin
          Last edited by BallHawkin; 04-14-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Write it down---the fix is in! Clever way to do it though. Put the money in a dozen years before the kid gets to Pitt. I like the approach here! It's both creative and inventive. Hope the kid can sling the rock.

Looks like Pitt's passing offense took a step forward with the new OC Whipple on the job.

Again, just sayin'

-
            Haha according to the Pulitzer Pupil one doesn't have to be able to "sling the rock' at all to get a starting QB job at IUP as long as daddy makes a donation. jus sayin

Comment

Having an interest, even a vested, one in the program is a far cry from the "fix is in" and corruption that was thrown out there. Pretty strong accusations without the evidence to back it up.

What I am saying is just because the guy might be on the sidelines on Saturdays doesn't mean he is up on Philly street putting his lively-hood and reputation on the line by putting the kibosh to criminal cases to protect the program or university. Not to mention there are other players in the "game" that wouldn't allow it to happen, the PD isn't going to have 0-20 hung on them without making some noise.

Most of these DA's have bigger aspirations down the road ie judgeships, political appointments etc they aren't going to risk it for a sideline pass. jus sayin
              Well, I don't know what he was doing on the sideline. He is probably a lifelong fan of IUP football I would assume. I think I saw him at an IUP hoops game one time. Like I said I don't know him.

His father was the head coach at IUP from 1979-1981. I believe that his older brother just got inducted into the IUP Athletic HOF as a soccer player.

I believe that he just ran for a county judgeship IIRC.

Lighten up a little. I was joking a bit. I have no real idea what goes on in the DAs office. I just repeated something that I heard. But yes, there is a rather strong track record of IUP athletes walking over the years. I had nothing to do with any of it.

Just replyin'

-

Comment

Haha according to the Pulitzer Pupil one doesn't have to be able to "sling the rock' at all to get a starting QB job at IUP as long as daddy makes a donation. jus sayin
                Well, they may have gotten away with it except for two things---

1. The kid bombed out in the big games.

2. $tockett was money.

Can Donald's young tike be ready for the spring game next April. We'd like to at least get a look at what we're gettin' down the road in 2032.

Just sayin'

-

Comment

The home team is allowed to give out a set number of sideline passes for each home game. These are tyoically given to the heavy donors.

Comment

Well, I don't know what he was doing on the sideline. He is probably a lifelong fan of IUP football I would assume. I think I saw him at an IUP hoops game one time. Like I said I don't know him.

His father was the head coach at IUP from 1979-1981. I believe that his older brother just got inducted into the IUP Athletic HOF as a soccer player.

I believe that he just ran for a county judgeship IIRC.

Lighten up a little. I was joking a bit. I have no real idea what goes on in the DAs office. I just repeated something that I heard. But yes, there is a rather strong track record of IUP athletes walking over the years. I had nothing to do with any of it.

Just replyin'

-
                    Threw out "the fix is in" and corruption in connection with a sitting DA admittedly without knowing any facts ... nothing light about that at all. That's as heavy as it gets. I get that it wasn't you that said it but why bring it up at all? jus axin

Comment

Well, they may have gotten away with it except for two things---

1. The kid bombed out in the big games.

2. $tockett was money.

Can Donald's young tike be ready for the spring game next April. We'd like to at least get a look at what we're gettin' down the road in 2032.

Just sayin'

-
                      Hey for a million $ donation, as corrupt as these programs are alleged to be here, they'd put a cabbage patch kid under center ........... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        The home team is allowed to give out a set number of sideline passes for each home game. These are tyoically given to the heavy donors.
                        Ok, so not typically given out to corrupt politicians then? Whew :wink: jus sayin

Comment

Threw out "the fix is in" and corruption in connection with a sitting DA admittedly without knowing any facts ... nothing light about that at all. That's as heavy as it gets. I get that it wasn't you that said it but why bring it up at all? jus axin
                          This is just a silly sports board aka Jabroni Central. It's not like I was under oath at a congressional hearing for goodness sakes.

Are you from Indiana? Let's just say that it is a bit of a different place and how things get done. I'll leave it at that.

Just pointin' it out.

-

Comment

This is just a silly sports board aka Jabroni Central. It's not like I was under oath at a congressional hearing for goodness sakes.

Are you from Indiana? Let's just say that it is a bit of a different place and how things get done. I'll leave it at that.

Just pointin' it out.

-
                            Nope not from Indiana but have spent a lot of time (and money) there over the years. Not even Jabronis get to just throw BS out there without getting called on it. jus sayin

Comment

Nope not from Indiana but have spent a lot of time (and money) there over the years. Not even Jabronis get to just throw BS out there without getting called on it. jus sayin
                              But who knows? Maybe I'm completely right. Or maybe I'm not.

I think we can deduce that the dude in question is likely a huge supporter of the program. Good for him!

He would be a good bet to be the next judge of Indiana County. But I really have no say in any of that.

What year did you first visit Indiana?

Just askin'

-

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X