Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The weather in Indiana is great right now. I recall back to last year's 6-hour game in Erie that featured (3) lightning delays.
    Just starting to rain in the MON VALLEY and ACCUWEATHER says IUP can expect it in 90 minutes. Good news is the only lightening showing up in the storm front is around Dayton.

Comment

Ironically they moved the game back because it's Indiana School District free ticket day. They said by moving it back it could attract more students and families who otherwise have their mornings filled with other activities.

LOL ... we've been preaching that exact thing on here for YEARS.

I'm not going to say the new AD reads this (although it has been mentioned). BUT, a lot of the things we've yapped about on here in regard to the gameday experience have happened under his watch.

For example, the 'gates' are all now manned by ticket takers. They are having bands in the parking lots before games. Tailgating was approved (for $45/car). They are playing better music during the games. They are playing the funeral bells on Third Down. It's come a long way this year. He's done a nice job.
      I will call it a success when the AD tells the band to STOP playing Ghostbusters, if not period, but stop playing it SOOOOOOOO MANY times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I will call it a success when the AD tells the band to STOP playing Ghostbusters, if not period, but stop playing it SOOOOOOOO MANY times.
        It will be a success when the AD tell the band director to stick Crimson Express where the sun doesn't shine and make him play Cherokee.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It will be a success when the AD tell the band director to stick Crimson Express where the sun doesn't shine and make him play Cherokee.
          Agree!!! Do you hear the band playing during plays?!?!?!?? They are sooooooooooooo clueless!!
          Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-26-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Agree!!! Do you hear the band playing during plays?!?!?!?? They are sooooooooooooo clueless!!
            Well...considering the game is rather boring so far...they probably need to do it to stay awake.

Comment

• The band ghosted...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                The band ghosted...
                They were bored.

They have an exhibition at Gateway High School in Monroeville. The game time change probably interfered with prepping to go on the trip.

Comment

I counted 3 times yesterday, and one was a super-speeded up version of it...but again, the band did jet after halftime. Progress!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not that I am a fan of these old shows or anything like that, but the themes from long past westerns such as "The Virginian" and "The High Chaparral" would probably be a cool sound for the band to play. Though I am sure that next to no one under the age of 60 would even have any clue what they are.

What exactly is the obsession with wanting to play Ghostbusters? Stupid movie from 35 years ago with a gimmicky piece of corporate cheese for a theme song. No clue why anyone would want to play that----especially at a football game. Makes no sense.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Not that I am a fan of these old shows or anything like that, but the themes from long past westerns such as "The Virginian" and "The High Chaparral" would probably be a cool sound for the band to play. Though I am sure that next to no one under the age of 60 would even have any clue what they are.

What exactly is the obsession with wanting to play Ghostbusters? Stupid movie from 35 years ago with a gimmicky piece of corporate cheese for a theme song. No clue why anyone would want to play that----especially at a football game. Makes no sense.

-
                      Probably because the Band Director knows it annoys everyone so he makes them keep playing it....

I can't wait until he retires...and hopefully they replace him with someone Doc taught.

If you hate football, you shouldn't be a marching band director. Just sayin........

Comment

• AFCA Poll - Oct. 28

6. Notre Dame
                        10. Slippery Rock
                        17. Kutztown
                        19. IUP
                        22. West Chester

Comment

• D2football.com Poll - Oct. 28

6. Notre Dame
                          10. Slippery Rock
                          18. Kutztown
                          21. IUP

Comment

• If anybody is curious:

Attendance

2019 - 3,798.5 avg per home game

2018 - 2,522 avg per home game

An interesting stat is IUP has had more fans come through the gate this year in four games then they had last year in six games (15,194 to 15,132).

That said, this year's New Haven announced gate (2,798 was WAY low). However, last week's Gannon announced gate of 3,852 was WAY high).

I will say there is no doubt that in the new AD's first year at the helm the 'game day' experience is much, much different. It has a long way to go, but he's made great, great strides.

With basketball tipping off next week, it will be interesting to see what new tweaks are implemented (although they have much less work to do).

Comment

• Quit warming up to Lady in Red!

Comment

If anybody is curious:

Attendance

2019 - 3,798.5 avg per home game

2018 - 2,522 avg per home game

An interesting stat is IUP has had more fans come through the gate this year in four games then they had last year in six games (15,194 to 15,132).

That said, this year's New Haven announced gate (2,798 was WAY low). However, last week's Gannon announced gate of 3,852 was WAY high).

I will say there is no doubt that in the new AD's first year at the helm the 'game day' experience is much, much different. It has a long way to go, but he's made great, great strides.

With basketball tipping off next week, it will be interesting to see what new tweaks are implemented (although they have much less work to do).
                                BigIndians,

Is it actually more people coming to the game or they are doing a more accurate count of fans attending? Either way, this is REAL great to see!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X