Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

This is Edinboro tailgating. They won't try to make money on it but there are people there every game. One tailgate even plugs into the university power and nobody says a word. So its not just missing out on money - its costing them money.

FWIW, Edinboro will be the first PSAC school to have alcohol sales at the game at their Homecoming game on October 12 vs Mercyhurst. Several Erie and Crawford County breweries are setting up a beer tent in the stadium with beer for sale.
    Being drunk will help those in attendance get through an afternoon of watching the Lakers' offense.

Comment

• Final dress rehearsal today.

We'll have some live country music rocking outside and Lil Uzi Vert bumping inside ... plenty of $45 parking spots available.

IUP will probably announce 567 in attendance with 3,900 unaccounted.

Unlike some past IUP teams playing lesser opponents this team came out fired up last week. I suspect another similar showing. This team appears to have good character and leadership -- polar opposite of last season.

This should be another great opportunity to get the bench in for an extensive stint in the second half. I'd love to see Jalen get another two quarters under his belt at QB. Same with Houser at RB. He got his feet wet last week.

Stuff gets real next week.

P.S. Cam Turner wasn't a fluke last week. He's legit. We may see his snap count grow quickly.

Comment

• Some crazy stats in Matt's article:

Lock Haven's last win in Indiana was in 1961

Lock Haven's last win in the series was in 1981

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

$tockett is 24. I think that it is great that he stuck with the game and made the most of it. Maybe his team mates call him Old Money like the Young Money Steelers WRs used to call Hines Ward towards his twilight. LOL.

$$$
            Time to get on with his life's work ............ jus sayin

Comment

• Comment

• Think of where the world was in 1961 compared to tonight. Hard to beleive.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If he leaves with a 'paid for' Masters Degree he'll ultimately get the last laugh.

Just hope he isn't still working on that first Bachelors ....

No doubt at this level he's older than some of his coaches.

He's part of message board folklore at this point ... he was center stage of perhaps the most heated debate ever on the IUP thread.
                  At this point (and for several years prior at the very least) he is paying to go to school. jus sayin

Comment

• Streater sat out today in case nobody noticed. Smart move.

IUP's OL is gigantic in person. I know you see the roster heights and weights but they may not be lying about those sizes (unlike most game programs).

Comment

• Jalen Reese stats after 4 quarters:

20-24, 340 yards, 6 TD

Pretty wild stats for a backup QB.

Comment

Jalen Reese stats after 4 quarters:

20-24, 340 yards, 6 TD

Pretty wild stats for a backup QB.
                        I REALLY hope he gets some more playing time on offense.

Comment

Streater sat out today in case nobody noticed. Smart move.

IUP's OL is gigantic in person. I know you see the roster heights and weights but they may not be lying about those sizes (unlike most game programs).
                          I did notice. Pretty sure if needed he probably could have played. Just hope he's at 100% for the Cal U game. But after Brown got a lil injured I hope they keep both Brown and Streater away from returning kicks. IUP has quite a few capable returners.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I REALLY hope he gets some more playing time on offense.
                            They probably will research his past more intently at Toledo and see if they can get another year. He would be a solid starter in 2020.

Comment

• The attendance from the Lock Haven Game is listed as 3892, which seems about right. Also no ghost busters - so the band seemed better. Maybe someone is listening. All in All a pretty good atmosphere. I also have to mention that Maxwell looked really good , too - sure its lock haven, but the TD pass to JoJo, and the fake on his TD run were something special. I agree though, there is not a huge decline when reese comes in. It will be interesting the next few games to see how Maxwell performs, I don't think Hurst is as good as New Haven, but is playing at home, and then the big 2. Was anyone else wondering why the D started so slowly last week. Looked like they were unprepared for what LHU was doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                The attendance from the Lock Haven Game is listed as 3892, which seems about right. Also no ghost busters - so the band seemed better. Maybe someone is listening. All in All a pretty good atmosphere. I also have to mention that Maxwell looked really good , too - sure its lock haven, but the TD pass to JoJo, and the fake on his TD run were something special. I agree though, there is not a huge decline when reese comes in. It will be interesting the next few games to see how Maxwell performs, I don't think Hurst is as good as New Haven, but is playing at home, and then the big 2. Was anyone else wondering why the D started so slowly last week. Looked like they were unprepared for what LHU was doing.

I was surprised that hadn't come up yet. Yes, Lock Haven shredded them on their first two drives (both however ended in TOs). The first drive in particular LH came out on fire. IUP caught a huge break to have them fumble on the 1-yard-line. It seemed IUP took a couple series to get used to all the motion and misdirection. You could really see the wind come out of their sails after those two first drives ended with nothing to show for them.

It's hard to judge a lot of things based on Millersville and Lock Haven. I'm looking forward to seeing them lineup against a team that can match-up physically and size-wise. The danger of playing those two back-to-back is a team can start to feel too good about itself.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X