Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can sure tell it's Lock Haven Week. No posts on this thread in 48 hours.

Comment

• So tailgating was finally approved. Anybody else notice the minor tidbit that it costs $45 per spot (per game)?

Minor detail. Does that come with a wet bar? Lordy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        So tailgating was finally approved. Anybody else notice the minor tidbit that it costs $45 per spot (per game)?

Minor detail. Does that come with a wet bar? Lordy.
        Oh that's fun. Doesn't say that anywhere in their policy/release: https://iupathletics.com/sports/2013...917134342.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Oh that's fun. Doesn't say that anywhere in their policy/release: https://iupathletics.com/sports/2013...917134342.aspx
          $45 per game or $150 for season.

Comment

You can sure tell it's Lock Haven Week. No posts on this thread in 48 hours.
            Why has IUP always gotten the bottom feeders in the crossover draw? Seems like it's been that way for the past 15 seasons or so. How many straight years did IUP play Cheyney?

(BTW, somebody mentioned it's different next year - I hope so.)

I think playing 1 easy game is good for a team - helps to get things worked out, rest up from injuries, etc. but playing 2 straight like this can be bad and doesn't necessarily help your preparedness for the tougher foes. Any opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Why has IUP always gotten the bottom feeders in the crossover draw? Seems like it's been that way for the past 15 seasons or so. How many straight years did IUP play Cheyney?

(BTW, somebody mentioned it's different next year - I hope so.)

I think playing 1 easy game is good for a team - helps to get things worked out, rest up from injuries, etc. but playing 2 straight like this can be bad and doesn't necessarily help your preparedness for the tougher foes. Any opinions?
              Next year we get Kutztown and Shepherd instead.

Comment

• Coach TOrt show for sep 16 - only geisinger out for the next game - They also mention the attendance vs the attendance numbers. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLH...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  Coach TOrt show for sep 16 - only geisinger out for the next game - They also mention the attendance vs the attendance numbers. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLH...ature=youtu.be

Tort basically asked why the stadium staff doesn't know how to count.

Comment

Tort basically asked why the stadium staff doesn't know how to count.

Comment

• I literally know people who haven't bought a ticket to a game at Miller in 10 years -- and they go to every game. These aren't local yocals, either.

They miss out on so much money. It's unreal.

Go tomorrow and take a walk around the stadium. There's literally like 7 unmanned gates for people to just walk right inside. I rarely even get asked for my ticket at the main gate.

Seal the gates minus one and IUP will make several more grand a game.

It's literally like a pee-wee football operation over there.

Comment

• I see that Eddie $tockett is the starting QB for Urbana and has the Blue Knights out to a 3-0 start. Three TDs in the air and two on the ground thus far.

The guy is money!

$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          I see that Eddie $tockett is the starting QB for Urbana and has the Blue Knights out to a 3-0 start. Three TDs in the air and two on the ground thus far.

The guy is money!

$$$
                          Mawwwwhhhhnyyyy. He must be 25, 26 now? He's getting to be the old man on the team now. May be the inspiration for all mid 20's with eligibility left.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                            Mawwwwhhhhnyyyy. He must be 25, 26 now? He's getting to be the old man on the team now. May be the inspiration for all mid 20's with eligibility left.
                            $tockett is 24. I think that it is great that he stuck with the game and made the most of it. Maybe his team mates call him Old Money like the Young Money Steelers WRs used to call Hines Ward towards his twilight. LOL.

$$$

Comment

I literally know people who haven't bought a ticket to a game at Miller in 10 years -- and they go to every game. These aren't local yocals, either.

They miss out on so much money. It's unreal.

Go tomorrow and take a walk around the stadium. There's literally like 7 unmanned gates for people to just walk right inside. I rarely even get asked for my ticket at the main gate.

Seal the gates minus one and IUP will make several more grand a game.

It's literally like a pee-wee football operation over there.
                              This is Edinboro tailgating. They won't try to make money on it but there are people there every game. One tailgate even plugs into the university power and nobody says a word. So its not just missing out on money - its costing them money.

FWIW, Edinboro will be the first PSAC school to have alcohol sales at the game at their Homecoming game on October 12 vs Mercyhurst. Several Erie and Crawford County breweries are setting up a beer tent in the stadium with beer for sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

$tockett is 24. I think that it is great that he stuck with the game and made the most of it. Maybe his team mates call him Old Money like the Young Money Steelers WRs used to call Hines Ward towards his twilight. LOL.

$$$
                                If he leaves with a 'paid for' Masters Degree he'll ultimately get the last laugh.

Just hope he isn't still working on that first Bachelors ....

No doubt at this level he's older than some of his coaches.

He's part of message board folklore at this point ... he was center stage of perhaps the most heated debate ever on the IUP thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X