Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    That's the danger of bringing in a one and done type of player. Is it worth losing your young QBs that you already have a season plus invested in?

Is anyone attending the scrimmage tomorrow? It would be a great chance to gauge exactly where Davis and Wilkerson are at in terms of their development. It would be interesting to hear how they are coming along.

-
    Here is an article from Matt on yeaterday's scrimmage:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...ecdef881e.html

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      I think if he wasn't a college student when he wrote this he would have been sued. All the innuendo from the players he interviewed was certainly pitiful. But what really bothered me on an ethical level was the criticism of the parents who donated to the program that their sons were a part of. We already discussed the Haslett situation but do you think the Meisner's were not good football players? Do you really think Logan Weaver was better than Mike Box? Do you think Cignetti's objective was to play inferior players if their parents were donors? So it was a school project and I'm not going to knock that but the whole thing is unsubstantiated BS and really offensive to a lot of people.
      The Meisner boys were actually outstanding football players. Box was the much better QB of what we were able to see. No, the coach did not pencil in inferior players across the board I'm sure. He wanted to win. Donating to a program is not illegal. It is admirable. I just contributed to Pitt Men's Basketball. But it can look bad in certain situations. See above. What was the extent and nature of the monetary contributions? As the article said---there was no prior record of donating by said alum uncovered. I have no idea on that. We can all just agree that it was a messy situation. Folks shooting it out from different sides.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        Parents of alot of students donate to the university, that's not illegal. Do they get more attention from the administration if they have a complaint, probably some, since they know more people in the program - that's not illegal or immoral - just the squeaky wheel theory. The hollywood elite did not make donations, they bribed people, to cheat on exams, and claim team membership for people who have never played the sport. This is miles different than some players or fans thinking that the coaches choices for starters is biased. BTW the players complained alot during the Lou Tepper era about the same thing. and will until the end of time. So did the Hazletts get more attention than the average player, probably, but did he start over two QBs that were obviously better because of the donation - no way.
        All three were pretty even at that point in time. That probably contributed to a lot of the friction. The youngest one had the most upside with his physical attributes and his four years remaining. It probably made little sense to continue to go with a QB who had only one more year of eligibility after that ill-fated season. No sense at all. A lot of folks really resented and were frustrated by the prospect that the program had been given over to a live-fire fantasy football camp for a millionaire alum's son. Fair or not that was how an awful lot of people were seeing it. It was not a popular thing for the fans nor many players, parents and even likely coaches who were not able to voice their opinions on the matter. It was real stuff!

-

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
          Here is an article from Matt on yeaterday's scrimmage:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...ecdef881e.html
          Didn't sound overly eventful. Sounds like inopportune mistakes continue to happen as evidenced by the late TD given up by the defense after a crucial penalty.

Grant Smith seemed to have a strong outing at TE. Sounds like the QB derby is up for grabs all the way. Wilkerson 5-6. I did notice he has a high velocity arm last year in fall camp.

Starting WRs JuJu and Dom did not play. That would make a difference as well. They are good ones.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Every strong program has some skeletons in the closet. For one of our own to do a TMZ-style attack ... well, no comment. That 'story' had a very clear, one-sided narrative.

When all your star witnesses were mostly program rejects ... I put the credibility right up with putting a jail house snitch on the stand.

The IUP program is extremely well-protected in Indiana. No denying that. And, that's a good thing.

That season was another classic example of the saying if you have two QBs ... you don't have one.

As for the politics ... yeah, get used to it -- in all phases of life. Wait until these primadonna's hit the working world. This stuff will seem like child's play.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              As for the politics ... yeah, get used to it -- in all phases of life. Wait until these primadonna's hit the working world. This stuff will seem like child's play.
              Any idea why the DA is on the sideline at games? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                The coaches are egomaniacal jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  The QB mess continues to grow!!!
                  Hardly a mess, most likely a strong unit on the squad. It's quite simple and a nice problem the Maxwell kid starts and u redshirt Davis and Wilkerson is the backup. Then in 2020 the best QB wins the job as a redshirt soph.....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                    Hardly a mess, most likely a strong unit on the squad. It's quite simple and a nice problem the Maxwell kid starts and u redshirt Davis and Wilkerson is the backup. Then in 2020 the best QB wins the job as a redshirt soph.....just sayin
                    But if neither of them can grab the proverbial bull by the horns and win the job here in 2019 is it all that reasonable to just assume that one of them can win it a year later? I'm not so sure on that.

-

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                      Any idea why the DA is on the sideline at games? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Probably friends of the program type of thing. As one forum member on here rather astutely pointed out there have been over 20 IUP student-athletes charged with various things over the past several years and ZERO convictions. It always pays to know low people in high places. The fix is in. I'm always tellin' ya'll how corrupt Indiana is. Certainly nothing personal against the DA, whoever he is now, just business as usual in Indiana.

-

Comment

Speaking of football program donations---former Pitt DT Aaron Donald just made a 7-figure contribution to the Panthers football program. Not bad!

Sounds like former Apollo-Ridge standout Tre Tipton made some noise today in the Pitt spring game.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          Davis and Wilkerson won't both be here when fall camp starts.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Davis and Wilkerson won't both be here when fall camp starts.
                            Is this inside information or sheer speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                              Is this inside information or sheer speculation?
                              If they are bringing in transfers then obviously they are good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                                Probably friends of the program type of thing. As one forum member on here rather astutely pointed out there have been over 20 IUP student-athletes charged with various things over the past several years and ZERO convictions. It always pays to know low people in high places. The fix is in. I'm always tellin' ya'll how corrupt Indiana is. Certainly nothing personal against the DA, whoever he is now, just business as usual in Indiana.

-
                                I don't recall the post you are referring to ........please supply a link. Personally not knowing anything about ANY of the cases involved I would call BS on 20 arrests and zero convictions ..... are you possibly confusing a plea to a lesser charge as being an acquittal or withdrawn charges? Plea deals happen every day whether the accused is an athlete or some Joe from Clymer. No way a police department stands for a DA that dispenses justice in the manner alleged in the above post. (see Jussie Smollet) ..... just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X