Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Glad you brought up play calling. Was it so predictable because Lenny was pretty limited in the passing game or should the OC be on the hot seat?it will be a different type of QB under center this fall.
    I think it could be a little of both regarding the predictable offense. Lenny wasn't quite accurate, even on the short passes. And you are correct, I could easily guess what and where IUP was going to do when it came to play-calling. Of course the is not going to announce on this forum, press conference or some form of social media, but I do hope he has admit that his must get more creative on the play-calling.

If Davis do become the starting QB I think IUP will still have the same type of QB. He would be a dual threat QB just like Lenny, a passer that can hurt you as well with his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      I wonder who was this coach in the press box. Because IUP had a CB Coach, a Safeties Coach , and Graduate Assistant helping with the safeties. Having separate coaches for the secondary could have been part of the mus-communication/confusion in the secondary. But all three left for other jobs. We shall see how this pans out going forward.
      Sorry, should've been more specific... Jameson Zacharias.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Sorry, should've been more specific... Jameson Zacharias.
        No apologies needed. To be honest I an not surprised. But as I stated earlier, the entire secondary coaches are gone.

Not quite sure who is currently the secondary coach, but I have heard the coach that is responsible for the strength and conditioning is doing a pretty good job so far. And I believe this will improve their play in the trenches. But we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
          No apologies needed. To be honest I an not surprised. But as I stated earlier, the entire secondary coaches are gone.

Not quite sure who is currently the secondary coach, but I have heard the coach that is responsible for the strength and conditioning is doing a pretty good job so far. And I believe this will improve their play in the trenches. But we shall see.
          Last year that line was 'media guide' massive. However, I don't think it was 'war dawg' massive.

You need killers down there. Dawgs. They appeared a little soft last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Last year that line was 'media guide' massive. However, I don't think it was 'war dawg' massive.

Which line are you referring to? OL or DL?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
              I poorly worded a post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ... read her side of the story.
              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-08-2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Any word coming out of Miller Stadium on the QB battle?
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-08-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I know that most incoming freshmen are immediately sent to the office to pick out their red shirt and not heard from again until the following year if at all, but I truly believe by looking at the HUDL highlights from this incoming class, they have maybe 3 or 4 that can challenge for some reps at DL and DB. And the added bonus that they are academics can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                    I know that most incoming freshmen are immediately sent to the office to pick out their red shirt and not heard from again until the following year if at all, but I truly believe by looking at the HUDL highlights from this incoming class, they have maybe 3 or 4 that can challenge for some reps at DL and DB. And the added bonus that they are academics can't hurt.
                    Maybe. But, they won't be playing against 16-17 year olds any longer come August.

Comment

Maybe. But, they won't be playing against 16-17 year olds any longer come August.
                      So checking the Roster, it looks like there is currrently 12 sophmores - that's 12 guys from last years freshman class that played. I'll bet at least half the freshman burn their redshirts. I hope they don't have to use any for mop up duty like about half of the 12 from last year. If any DBs are playing, it means the transfers didn't pan out, if everyone plays up to their potential, they should be strong at DB this year - given the two freshman that were playing last year improved as the year went on.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        So checking the Roster, it looks like there is currrently 12 sophmores - that's 12 guys from last years freshman class that played. I'll bet at least half the freshman burn their redshirts. I hope they don't have to use any for mop up duty like about half of the 12 from last year. If any DBs are playing, it means the transfers didn't pan out, if everyone plays up to their potential, they should be strong at DB this year - given the two freshman that were playing last year improved as the year went on.
                        The redshirt is getting real tricky in today's game. Kids are transferring across all levels at a pace never seen before.

I'd bet for most 20-player high school recruiting classes ... you may be lucky if 7-8 are in the program 4 years later. Of those 20 several will transfer due to lack of playing time or playing too slowly (redshirt), one will be an academic casualty and probably another has some legal issues.

I'd agree the DB position appears strong as of today. And, it better be. They will see some strong QBs next year against Cal and the gym teachers. I still suspect they add some imports this summer. The end of D1 spring ball typically starts a whole new recruiting season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Any word coming out of Miller Stadium on the QB battle?

I think ADP wins the battle over Ed Stockett

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                            I think ADP wins the battle over Ed Stockett

$tockett was money.

Comment

You're so money and you don't even know it.

Comment

The redshirt is getting real tricky in today's game. Kids are transferring across all levels at a pace never seen before.

I'd bet for most 20-player high school recruiting classes ... you may be lucky if 7-8 are in the program 4 years later. Of those 20 several will transfer due to lack of playing time or playing too slowly (redshirt), one will be an academic casualty and probably another has some legal issues.

I'd agree the DB position appears strong as of today. And, it better be. They will see some strong QBs next year against Cal and the gym teachers. I still suspect they add some imports this summer. The end of D1 spring ball typically starts a whole new recruiting season.
                                Just like you guys responded on that "Transfer Portal" topic, it looks like the above average D-1 players has a better opportunity in landing with another D-1 program since they are apparently very visible in this new Transfer Portal. With 16 DBs already on the Spring Roster, 3 DBs in this recruiting class, can't see IUP bring in more DBs. If anything I see them bringing in some WRs, DLs and maybe OLs. BUT....we shall see how things goes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X