Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Samir doesn't need to be a feature back. Justice can obviously carry a share. Regardless of how many games he didn't actually dress, as others pointed out he's been far from 100 percent over the past two years.

Perhaps that's due to the idiot calling plays .... hard to say. But, no doubt, a donkey could have predicted their offense last season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      After reviewing this web site showing Penn St players that entered into the transfer portal:

https://247sports.com/college/penn-s...ransferPortal/

It shows a BIG WR that is apparently available. Just saying. But we shall see.
      To play along ... why would he want to come here if he's a legit big WR? What's the baggage?

Comment

Originally posted by Iupcheerleader88 View Post
        Slippery rocks first game is against Wayne State, did nothing in the last decade.

Cal U plays Saint Anselm, did nothing in the last decade.

IUP plays New Haven a team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.

Slippery rock and Cal U love to play scrubs in the first game of the season.

IUP played Ashland twice and now another good team.
        What did that do for IUP last year?

IUP basketball plays one of the toughest schedules in the country every year. They've done nothing in March for four straight years. Is there legit value in playing a marquee opener?

IUP just about lost both games to Ashland. They won, of course, but a loss could have been deadly.

The value of that marquee game is very debatable.

Comment

IUPalum calm down old man no need to raise your voice!!!
          He's 40 ... which makes him 30 years younger than the typical IUP fan.

#youth-movement

Edit: before you jump on me, the IUP SID said so much in a tweet.

Comment

Slippery rocks first game is against Wayne State, did nothing in the last decade.

Cal U plays Saint Anselm, did nothing in the last decade.

IUP plays New Haven a team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.

Slippery rock and Cal U love to play scrubs in the first game of the season.

IUP played Ashland twice and now another good team.
            When you're a status program like IUP, is there really a legit reason to plan an opener that you could possibly lose?

Legit question.

You know you have Cal and the gym teachers yearly ... two teams that you have losing records against the last decade. Soon you'll have years with Shepherd and the abive two.

Just a guess but after this year you'll see IUP going the cupcake Week 1 route. The risk becomes too high.

Granted, you'll hear the 'we'll play anybody' machismo ... but is it worth the risk? Is it needed to play an Ashland as opposed to some cupcake like Cal is playing?

I can tell you 100 percent Tort is never playing Week 1 on the road again. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Samir doesn't need to be a feature back. Justice can obviously carry a share. Regardless of how many games he didn't actually dress, as others pointed out he's been far from 100 percent over the past two years.

Perhaps that's due to the idiot calling plays .... hard to say. But, no doubt, a donkey could have predicted their offense last season.

Comment

I do remember two years ago. I also remember last year.

Comment

I do remember two years ago. I also remember last year.

Comment

Nice deflection

Comment

Comment

Here's the thing ... pure honesty.

As you get older and are close to the program ... you cut checks ... you care about two games. SRU and Cal.

When a class loses to both in the same year .... is what it is. That's their legacy. At IUP you are defined by those two games. Nobody cares what you do in a 70-7 win against Seton Hill.

On a smaller scale that's OSU vs Michigan.

I know IUP could have won both last year. IUP should have won both last year. But, ... they went 0-2. That stings.

You go 0-2 against your rivals ... criticism is coming. That's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                          He's missed three games in three seasons.

Comment

Nice deflection
                            Funny how you think you know football Love the confidence.

Comment

Funny how you think you know football Love the confidence.
                              I could care less about X's and O's. Irrelevant to me. Wins and losses. How, why, blah, blah, blah. You win or lose. The rest is meaningless.

P.s. kinda tired of losing to Cal and SRU.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                                This .... Samir takes the pounding just fine .. agree on the predictability of the play calling ... I blamed it on the OC in the past but word I hear is he was often over ruled from the field by the loudmouth in Torts ear.
                                Oh wow...now that is interesting. I would have thought that only the Head Coach could over rule the OC play-calling. I agree, I hope this stops this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X