Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
    Okay Mr. 2 loss team.
    Frame this in the archives somewhere. This might be the least creative comeback on this entire board. An impressive accomplishment to be sure, there were many worthy candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Frame this in the archives somewhere. This might be the least creative comeback on this entire board. An impressive accomplishment to be sure, there were many worthy candidates.
      No need for creativity. It's fact.

I understand that to tout your team you have to get those creative juices flowing. You have to be the Walt Disney of the PSAC forum.

Comment

• Who is going out to Ship this week? I am thinking on going out. Its only 2 in a half hours and it should be pretty nice weather 40 and Sunny!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
          I think this IUP 2019 team could make a deep run in the playoffs! I truly do not understand how they are a 4 seed right now! They are 9-1 and lost to the number 2 team in the region by 3 points on the road, Notre Dame college in Ohio is the number 3 team in the region and they lost to a 6-4 team at home!!! There league is a total joke! They do not play anyone good either! I think IUP should get the 3 seed if they take care of business this week.
          They are ranked higher because they are leading their division. They also won SR1 last year. As far as how much a joke the NEC is, they have recently produced more SR1 champs than the PSAC. But lets just wait and see what happens this weekend. IUP may jump ahead of the loser of the PSAC Championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

They are ranked higher because they are leading their division. They also won SR1 last year. As far as how much a joke the NEC is, they have recently produced more SR1 champs than the PSAC. But lets just wait and see what happens this weekend. IUP may jump ahead of the loser of the PSAC Championship game.
            I think the reason NDC is higher is actually because they have a higher SOS. And also because of SOS, I don't expect anyone to jump the PSAC title game loser.

Comment

• Taking a closer look at Shippensburg:

* They've taken three complete beat-downs this year: at SRU (54-19), at Cal (58-7) and at Kutztown (55-5)

* Their best two performances this year likely came in losses: 29-21 to West Chester and 32-30 at Shepherd

* Best wins: Bloomsburg and at East Stroudsburg
              * Other wins: Millersville, Lock Haven

Scoring: Giving up 33.3 ppg. Putting up 26.7 ppg

Rushing: Giving up 180 ypg. Getting 119 ypg.

-- Ship's run defense is giving up 5.3 yards per carry.

Passing: Giving up 224 ypg. Getting 279 ypg.

* Ship's opponents have got points on 91% of red zone attempts (TDs on 79%)

Top QBs have had monster stat games versus the Ship defense:

- Tyson Bagent (27-39, 337 yards)
              - Collin DiGalbo (14-20, 216 yards, 2 TD) .... then they just quit throwing in a 55-5 onslaught
              - Roland Rivers (25-34, 369 yards, 4 TD)

Ship's won three out of its past four outings. However, consider that run included Millersville, the Kutztown massacre, Lock Haven and East Stroudsburg.

Banged up or not, there's nothing in the stats to suggest Ship could pull an upset in this game. With a dry forecast, Quinton Maxwell -- with Duane Brown or without him -- should have a field day on the Ship secondary. IUP's RBs should also be able to rebound from last week against a unit giving up nearly 200 ypg on the ground.

But, of course, ... that's why the play the game. A year ago we saw a Ship team in a similar (non-playoff) circumstance come out in the last game and treat it like the Super Bowl. Will they get a mentally-engaged Ship team or a team ready to turn in their pads?

Will IUP play up last year's game? I tend to think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Taking a closer look at Shippensburg:

* They've taken three complete beat-downs this year: at SRU (54-19), at Cal (58-7) and at Kutztown (55-5)

* Their best two performances this year likely came in losses: 29-21 to West Chester and 32-30 at Shepherd

* Best wins: Bloomsburg and at East Stroudsburg
                * Other wins: Millersville, Lock Haven

Scoring: Giving up 33.3 ppg. Putting up 26.7 ppg

Rushing: Giving up 180 ypg. Getting 119 ypg.

-- Ship's run defense is giving up 5.3 yards per carry.

Passing: Giving up 224 ypg. Getting 279 ypg.

* Ship's opponents have got points on 91% of red zone attempts (TDs on 79%)

Top QBs have had monster stat games versus the Ship defense:

- Tyson Bagent (27-39, 337 yards)
                - Collin DiGalbo (14-20, 216 yards, 2 TD) .... then they just quit throwing in a 55-5 onslaught
                - Roland Rivers (25-34, 369 yards, 4 TD)

Ship's won three out of its past four outings. However, consider that run included Millersville, the Kutztown massacre, Lock Haven and East Stroudsburg.

Banged up or not, there's nothing in the stats to suggest Ship could pull an upset in this game. With a dry forecast, Quinton Maxwell -- with Duane Brown or without him -- should have a field day on the Ship secondary. IUP's RBs should also be able to rebound from last week against a unit giving up nearly 200 ypg on the ground.

But, of course, ... that's why the play the game. A year ago we saw a Ship team in a similar (non-playoff) circumstance come out in the last game and treat it like the Super Bowl. Will they get a mentally-engaged Ship team or a team ready to turn in their pads?

Will IUP play up last year's game? I tend to think so.
                Heard this morning from Jack Benedict's radio report that Brown might see limited action, like 10-15 snaps.

also Will Ship coaches play their standard game, or put in more wrinkles, like Edinboro did.

Also, last weeks game, I think the IUP D really seemed to come together, with lots of enthusiam. I think they will be aggressive against Ship's offense as a prelude to how they have to play in the playoffs to be successful.

Short of a collapse, this should be a solid win.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Heard this morning from Jack Benedict's radio report that Brown might see limited action, like 10-15 snaps.

also Will Ship coaches play their standard game, or put in more wrinkles, like Edinboro did.

Also, last weeks game, I think the IUP D really seemed to come together, with lots of enthusiam. I think they will be aggressive against Ship's offense as a prelude to how they have to play in the playoffs to be successful.

Short of a collapse, this should be a solid win.

To play 10-15 snaps means he has to warm up, etc. Lot of wear on an allegedly tender ankle. Maybe save those 10-15 snaps for the second half (and hopefully not need them at all).

As for the D, the return of Raunya Mitchell is gigantic (literally at 6'5" and 310 lbs). It feels like he's been gone so long now. Memory tells me he went out the week before the California game. Hopefully he can get 20-30 snaps in and shake some rust. That's truly adding a stud back to an already stout defense. They really missed him against Cal and SRU.

Comment

• Time to bust them up.

Comment

• Mitchell didn't play in the Hurst game before Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Mitchell didn't play in the Hurst game before Cal.
                        You are right. He was suspended for that game and then got hurt the following week at practice.

Comment

• It's time to beef up and destroy people!!! Make a statement then roll into the playoffs with a chip on your shoulder!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            It's time to beef up and destroy people!!! Make a statement then roll into the playoffs with a chip on your shoulder!
                            AGREE with you 100%!!! Must come into the playoffs with serious momentum !!

Comment

• 14-0 IUP. 1st quarter. Defense looks really good right now.

Comment

• Flags galore on IUP.

Business as usual

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X