X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They don't take transfers. Lol.

Imagine what Dr. Evil must think of his protege taking an IUP reject?
    see: Jared Buck & Teddy Blakeman

Does anybody recall a ROCK player transferring to IUP? I don't

Don't forget the IUP AD's kid played at SRU as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

We don't want your reject players!

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
        Without seeing these guys paychecks all appear to be upward or otherwise great opportunities, like coaching abroad. jus sayin
        His job was classified as part-time and temporary. His compensation was just $9,680.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          No loss as far as I'm concerned.
          In my opinion he was the only position coach that did any changes to his responsibility on defense during the season. But he's back coaching at the D-1 level, so I am sure that would be more coins in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
            Without seeing these guys paychecks all appear to be upward or otherwise great opportunities, like coaching abroad. jus sayin
            I am hearing the same. So congrats to them and good luck in their next opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              His job was classified as part-time and temporary. His compensation was just $9,680.
              Wow, now who was getting paid less than $10K to be a position coach?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                I wonder if you're thinking of Wahler here? That used to be the basketball gym and where they held games many, many moons ago. It is in the Oak Grove. Uhler, IIRC, is actually across the street over by Stright I want to say.

Wahler is still there but has been converted into a theater these many years. I recall watching a play called "On The Verge" there for my theater class back in the spring of 1991. I think Fisher and Wahler are now conjoined with the project they did about a decade ago. -
                Yes, I should have checked with IUP historian! I do mean Wahler. Fisher Auditorium. Geez, does that bring back some memories of free movies on a Friday night. Brings an Al Bundy type tear to the eye just thinking of those days some 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  Yes, I should have checked with IUP historian! I do mean Wahler. Fisher Auditorium. Geez, does that bring back some memories of free movies on a Friday night. Brings an Al Bundy type tear to the eye just thinking of those days some 40 years ago.
                  I know what you mean. The majority of my fondest memories from a youth that has since long passed are quite a few years back there as well.

-

Comment

I once saw Vanilla Ice in the Hub -- because he couldn't sell enough tickets for Fischer Auditorium.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      I once saw Vanilla Ice in the Hub -- because he couldn't sell enough tickets for Fischer Auditorium.
                      Wow, that's crazy. I remember seeing Richie Havens in the HUB. You can earn points if you know who Richie Havens was.

Comment

I looked at the campus map. No 'h' in Waller. But now I remember Uhler. I took a 6 credit Spanish immersion class in Uhler Hall in the summer of 1980 that set me on a path of becoming proficient in Spanish and changed my life forever - using Spanish in my career, traveling, meeting people I never would have met. I forgot that was sparked in Uhler Hall (so many years ago).

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Comment

Johnny Franco, a former All American and Defensive Secondary & Strength Coach at IUP for the past 5 years is now the Co-D-Coord and DB Coach with the Italian American Football team Guelfi Firenze:

http://www.guelfifirenze.it/2019/02/...adito-ritorno/

And younger brother Steve, also a former player as well as a Defense Graduate Assistant with IUP last season will be joining John on the team as a player:

http://www.guelfifirenze.it/2019/02/...-estra-guelfi/

The Head Coach of this team is the former Baylor University Head Coach Art Briles. Congrats and good luck.

Quite a few shoes need to be filled on the IUP coaching staff.
                            Last edited by ShoNuff; 02-16-2019, 05:13 AM. Reason: Correct name

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                              John Franco, a former All American and Defensive Secondary & Strength Coach at IUP for the past 5 years is now the Co-D-Coord and DB Coach with the Italian American Football team Guelfi Firenze:

And younger brother Steve, also a former player as well as a Defense Graduate Assistant with IUP last season will be joining John on the team as a player:

The Head Coach of this team is the former Baylor University Head Coach Art Briles. Congrats and good luck.

Hopefully they don't learn too much from Briles. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                                John Franco, a former All American and Defensive Secondary & Strength Coach at IUP for the past 5 years is now the Co-D-Coord and DB Coach with the Italian American Football team Guelfi Firenze:

It's a loss but it's also an opportunity. Hopefully, the shoes will be filled with quality people.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X