Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    IUP needs to have performance at the RB position. Bullock's health and Brown's eligibility status are major areas of concern. Who knows in a couple months we might be talking about a transfer RB moreso than a QB.

Just based on my recollection and looking at the boxscores from last year Bullock's injury history is as follows: In 2017, even though he rushed for 1253 yeards he was hampered for most of the season with an unidentified foot injury. Those kinds of things can be chronic and never really overcome. I think he was still bothered by that in 2018. Then in the Cal game in 2018, I believe, Samir suffered a knee injury. It was thought he might be lost for the season but he came back about 4 weeks later but was nowhere near 100%. This is a concern in 2019 and I think the foot situation might be more of a problem than the knee. This is mere speculation on my part but I hope he is 100% healthy for 2019. If he is healthy then he can be a dominant player. We have to know whether we can count on these guys, though.

Running back is probably the easiest position to find on the waiver wire. They are all disgruntled and transfer like crazy. Let's also forget part of the reason IUP struggled to run in the second half of the season was because they were really of no threat to pass the ball. And, of course, the coordinator loved to run the exact same play up the middle for 1 yard OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Samir and Justice work well when they are playing together. You get a burner and then a shifty guy nobody can find. Duane Brown has gotten a lot bigger than most will remember from two years ago. He's the bruiser going forward.

But, yes, Samir is always hurt. Rumor is Brown had a very good semester in the classroom.

If the right back comes along ... take him in a heartbeat. You cannot have enough of them. Start with 5-6 in camp and you'll be lucky to have 2-3 healthy by November.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      IUP needs to have performance at the RB position. Bullock's health and Brown's eligibility status are major areas of concern. Who knows in a couple months we might be talking about a transfer RB moreso than a QB.

Just based on my recollection and looking at the boxscores from last year Bullock's injury history is as follows: In 2017, even though he rushed for 1253 yeards he was hampered for most of the season with an unidentified foot injury. Those kinds of things can be chronic and never really overcome. I think he was still bothered by that in 2018. Then in the Cal game in 2018, I believe, Samir suffered a knee injury. It was thought he might be lost for the season but he came back about 4 weeks later but was nowhere near 100%. This is a concern in 2019 and I think the foot situation might be more of a problem than the knee. This is mere speculation on my part but I hope he is 100% healthy for 2019. If he is healthy then he can be a dominant player. We have to know whether we can count on these guys, though.
      In addition to the knee injury at Cal, as I said above Bullock looked to have suffered a significant injury (again a knee I think) in the last minute of the Ship game (down 4 scores smh) ... I haven't heard anything about his current status. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Running back is probably the easiest position to find on the waiver wire. They are all disgruntled and transfer like crazy. Let's also forget part of the reason IUP struggled to run in the second half of the season was because they were really of no threat to pass the ball. And, of course, the coordinator loved to run the exact same play up the middle for 1 yard OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Samir and Justice work well when they are playing together. You get a burner and then a shifty guy nobody can find. Duane Brown has gotten a lot bigger than most will remember from two years ago. He's the bruiser going forward.

But, yes, Samir is always hurt. Rumor is Brown had a very good semester in the classroom.

If the right back comes along ... take him in a heartbeat. You cannot have enough of them. Start with 5-6 in camp and you'll be lucky to have 2-3 healthy by November.
        I can't believe the OC wasn't let go the minute the clock hit 0:00 at Miller vs Ship .... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
          I can't believe the OC wasn't let go the minute the clock hit 0:00 at Miller vs Ship .... jus sayin
          Yeah, I was thinking the same. But you have to ask about the run game coordinator and the RB coach too. But those two aren't going anywhere as long as they don't commit a felony. The OC on the other hand doesn't have a history with the program.

Comment

In Matt's Jan 21 article Coach Tort stated the following:

We shall see what happen come Fall camp. They just may find some D-1 transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              Yeah, I was thinking the same. But you have to ask about the run game coordinator and the RB coach too. But those two aren't going anywhere as long as they don't commit a felony. The OC on the other hand doesn't have a history with the program.

As I been saying, EVERYONE, players and coach should be sharing the blame for last season. If everyone can admit their faults they would become a much tighter group.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                As I been saying, EVERYONE, players and coach should be sharing the blame for last season. If everyone can admit their faults they would become a much tighter group.
                Oh there's plenty of fault to go around from the top to the bottom but when your game plan week after week calls for slamming your 170 pound running backs right into the middle of the line play after play and only switch it up when your QB runs himself straight into the middle of the line you shoulder more blame than most ....all of us that watched that garbage all season could call the plays (or should I say play) before they (it) happened.....No wonder Bullock didn't make it through the season and Justice was hobbling around half the year, in fact not a single RB (1 through 5) was left standing when the final whistle blew.....If they try that same approach this season especially without an established QB it's gonna be really ugly........ jus sayin

Comment

Oh there's plenty of fault to go around from the top to the bottom but when your game plan week after week calls for slamming your 170 pound running backs right into the middle of the line play after play and only switch it up when your QB runs himself straight into the middle of the line you shoulder more blame than most ....all of us that watched that garbage all season could call the plays (or should I say play) before they (it) happened.....No wonder Bullock didn't make it through the season and Justice was hobbling around half the year, in fact not a single RB (1 through 5) was left standing when the final whistle blew.....If they try that same approach this season especially without an established QB it's gonna be really ugly........ jus sayin
                  They try that approach again I'll be back to owning Pitt season tickets again. Just sayin'

Comment

Hey BallHawkin - trust me brotha (In my Hulk Hogan voice), it drove me nuts too. I still recall the Rock game when during the 2nd qtr IUP was 1st and Goal on the Rock 3 yard line. They ran the ball (without showing ANY RPO) up the middle 3 straight times and could not score. I just hope the offense is a little more dynamic and not be very predictable. They should have the players to do such, just hope they expand that playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                      Hey BallHawkin - trust me brotha (In my Hulk Hogan voice), it drove me nuts too. I still recall the Rock game when during the 2nd qtr IUP was 1st and Goal on the Rock 3 yard line. They ran the ball (without showing ANY RPO) up the middle 3 straight times and could not score. I just hope the offense is a little more dynamic and not be very predictable. They should have the players to do such, just hope they expand that playbook.
                      Yep, but I don't have confidence in this guy. They had the players to be more dynamic last season too but inexplicably never even tried. From what I observed there is a certain assistant coach on the sidelines that has the ear of either the head coach or the OC when it comes to offensive play calling but even at that your identity can still be a smash mouth running team but there are times when you need to be creative with it to show the defense something different. They never changed the entire season no matter what type of defense they were going up against. Just kept beating their heads against the wall. I bet Coach Smith would love to have schemed for that offense. jus sayin

Comment

Latest commit:

Mekhi Lang
                        DB
                        Archbishop Ryan (Philadelphia)

Comment

Hot of the press:

Shippensburg High's Adam Houser, Class 5A All-State RB, is coming to Indiana.

Comment

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201901300025

Comment

Hot of the press:

Shippensburg High's Adam Houser, Class 5A All-State RB, is coming to Indiana.
                              As I said in the recruiting thread, a major get for the Hawks.

Check the run at the 0:15 mark.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ag1Mh

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                As I said in the recruiting thread, a major get for the Hawks.

Check the run at the 0:15 mark.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ag1Mh
                                Huge recruiting win for Tort. He may play immediately.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X