Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I have taken a look at the IHS QB's highlights a few times (https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5420314...e6a20c68d4dac6 ), I just don't believe he's quite similar to Mike P. (https://www.hudl.com/video/3/926280/...5e6812249564e3) . I believe he could be a QB down the road. Now that Kyle Sheets from Conneaut Area (https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5498431...2296153c405e54 ) could be a Mike P. But I am not sure if he may commit to IUP since he has other offers from Slippery Rock, Mercyhurst and PWO offers from Penn St and Ohio U.
    Thanks for posting these videos. I watched them both and very much liked what I saw.

Regarding Luke Thomas---I have to agree with Groundhog and those who liked his tape. He moves very well and can really sling that ball around. Nice release. Plenty of big school experience as a four year starter. I see him primarily as a QB. You mentioned Mike Pietropola, yeah, I agree he is not in his mold. Pietropola's tape completely blew me away four years ago to the point that I watched it five or six times. It wasn't so much that he was an outstanding throwing QB (not bad) but what an incredible athletic specimen. His four years at IUP bear that out. He was amazing from an athletic standpoint. Thomas has the look of a QB. He may very well be worth the look as a QB to develop on IUP's depth chart.

Kyle Sheets, now he is in that Pietropola mode. Wow! What an incredible athlete he is. He screams WR to me all the way. He could be a good one, too. He sort of seems to have that Riley Stapleton mold about him. I don't know what level ball he was playing at, but he does have a lot of athletic attributes. I probably don't see him as a QB at the D-II level just based on what small sampling we got. But I would love to see him in a Crimson jersey with his athleticism, size as a WR, KR, and who knows, maybe even running some wildcat if practicable.

We need to get IUP24 to take a look and breakdown the tape and resume his role as the Mel Kiper Jr. of the PSAC. :laugh:

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      DB. They have Samir, Justice and Duane Brown back. Help is needed on the other side.
      and how did those three backs work out last year?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        The question is whether he is coming to play RB or DB? I know he's mostly played DB at Post BUT if you look closer he did get a few carries last season.
        CB and return guy for sure..NE peeps could comment heard he was electric in return game.

Comment

I REALLY hope coaches are not lying to players by telling them they will be starting, especially incoming freshmen. I do believe the coaches are probably telling them they have a chance to compete for that position. But if they are lying to players then shame on them.

And I 100% agree with you on your "seniority" comment. Especially after what happen last year I REALLY hope that all positions are wide open for competition. But that's just how it should be anyways. REALLY hope they allow the 2 current QBs to compete for the starting spot, whether they bring in a transfer or not.
          Seniority means squat, u compete with whoever shows up transfers freshman etc...Those that don't want to compete show them the door....The QB situation is fine if a transfer shows and wins job u Redshirt Davis and Wilkerson is backup, it's not rocket science....
          Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
            Seniority means squat, u compete with whoever shows up transfers freshman etc...Those that don't want to compete show them the door....The QB situation is fine if a transfer shows and wins job u Redshirt Davis and Wilkerson is backup, it's not rocket science....
            Just sayin
            How can you redshirt Davis? Unless he's injured before or very early in the season I thought he lost his redshirt opportunity. Does that new redshirt rule that is being used at the D-1 level also include the D-II schools?

Comment

How can you redshirt Davis? Unless he's injured before or very early in the season I thought he lost his redshirt opportunity. Does that new redshirt rule that is being used at the D-1 level also include the D-II schools?

Comment

Correct. IUP basketball routinely redshirts incoming transfers (typically as juniors).

Comment

Correct. IUP basketball routinely redshirts incoming transfers (typically as juniors).
                  picked up a commit at QB as well https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6121125...1b450b7818bbf5

probably a redshirt, but who knows

Comment

Correct, the new 4 game redshirt rule applies to Division 1 Football only at this time (they are looking into expanding it to other Division 1 sports) ....... you can use the new redshirt rule in any year (not just freshman) as long as you have not previously redshirted.

Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Confirmed. Kiski Area LB Drew DiNunzio-Biss has committed to IUP.

Comment

There was zero chance Brown was going to redshirt last year if not for his academic issues. He was being moved to DB even though he may be the best running back on the team. They had big plans for him last year and really could have used him on offense when all the other guys went down. jus sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                          There was zero chance Brown was going to redshirt last year if not for his academic issues. He was being moved to DB even though he may be the best running back on the team. They had big plans for him last year and really could have used him on offense when all the other guys went down. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            Good points although Torts was quoted in an IG article saying they were considering redshirting him. In hindsight it's possible they knew his academic issues (regardless of whether he remained eligible) and considered a RS to let him shore up his academics.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Good points although Torts was quoted in an IG article saying they were considering redshirting him. In hindsight it's possible they knew his academic issues (regardless of whether he remained eligible) and considered a RS to let him shore up his academics.

Doesn't really matter now. Last year is over.

We should be happy DDB is coming to Indiana. They don't call him 'smash' for no reason. He's going to be a big time LB at IUP within a couple seasons.

Comment

Doesn't really matter now. Last year is over.

We should be happy DDB is coming to Indiana. They don't call him 'smash' for no reason. He's going to be a big time LB at IUP within a couple seasons.
                                Aren't you the guy who always brings up the academic casualties from last year? I guess we are all ready to finally turn the page from 2018.

DDB seems like a quality recruit. Highly touted but a little on the small side. I see him listed at 5'10" 200.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X