Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Remember back in 2006 when you ragged on IUP for not playing the 11th game as they watched two 3 loss NE10 teams get in ahead of them when we only had 2 losses. You kept saying we should have played that 11th game like it was life of death.
    Yes, and unlike you, I remember the details as to why an 11th game would have benefited IUP that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      Yes, and unlike you, I remember the details as to why an 11th game would have benefited IUP that season.
      So long as the 11th game is optional ... this topic will go on and on and on and on and on.

About the only way you can guarantee a playoff spot is to have 0 losses or 1 loss. Get to two losses and you're playing roulette at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
        BallHawkin,

I've always thought the redshirt kid was maybe more talented. I kinda understand the rationale in allowing Davis to be last year's backup, he did come from a high profile program. Spring practice should be interesting. I just hope they don't crush both of their hearts by bringing in some D-1 transfer during the summer and practically give the transfer the job to lose.
        That's the peril of college football at levels. In most cases the current roster player has to be better than the transfer because as good as is not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
          That's the peril of college football at levels. In most cases the current roster player has to be better than the transfer because as good as is not good enough.
          In the eyes of a transfer QB looking at the IUP situation ... they wouldn't come here unless they were pretty sure they'd beat out the two freshmen.

Of course, Tort could just be referring to a bus rider type to fill out the roster and carry a clipboard.

This goes back quite aways for the younger crowd but if a Paul Faila-type fell out of the sky ... I think you take him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            In the eyes of a transfer QB looking at the IUP situation ... they wouldn't come here unless they were pretty sure they'd beat out the two freshmen.

Of course, Tort could just be referring to a bus rider type to fill out the roster and carry a clipboard.

This goes back quite aways for the younger crowd but if a Paul Faila-type fell out of the sky ... I think you take him.
            I have no issue with IUP bringing in a D-1 transfer. What I am trying to say is that you currently have 2 QBs that went through the Fall Camp, this 2018 season, and then 2019 Spring Camp. So they paid their dues on this team. But at the start of the Fall Camp you bring in this transfer and you are giving him getting most of 1st team reps on Day One, that's what I am talking about. Make the transfer(s) work their way from the bottom. Sticking transfers in the starting spot from the beginning of camp could affect the dynamics of the locker room.

Comment

I have no issue with IUP bringing in a D-1 transfer. What I am trying to say is that you currently have 2 QBs that went through the Fall Camp, this 2018 season, and then 2019 Spring Camp. So they paid their dues on this team. But at the start of the Fall Camp you bring in this transfer and you are giving him getting most of 1st team reps on Day One, that's what I am talking about. Make the transfer(s) work their way from the bottom. Sticking transfers in the starting spot from the beginning of camp could affect the dynamics of the locker room.
              You think Max Redfield started on the scout team at IUP? It all depends who he is.

Comment

You think Max Redfield started on the scout team at IUP? It all depends who he is.
                I believe the Scout Team is determine at the end of the Fall Camp, so no, I don't believe after performing during camp he was placed on the Scout Team. Hopefully they did start him on 2nd or 3rd team right at the beginning of the Fall Camp, then work his way up...which probably was quickly. Just asking that make it look legit. I don't believe that is asking too much.

Comment

I believe the Scout Team is determine at the end of the Fall Camp, so no, I don't believe after performing during camp he was placed on the Scout Team. Hopefully they did start him on 2nd or 3rd team right at the beginning of the Fall Camp, then work his way up...which probably was quickly. Just asking that make it look legit. I don't believe that is asking too much.
                  I've always beleived by the end of fall camp the players pick the starting lineup -- whether they know it or not.

Comment

I've always beleived by the end of fall camp the players pick the starting lineup -- whether they know it or not.
                    Perhaps

Comment

Should we give them a trophy too? Best players play. Period.

If you bring in a legitimate talent at QB he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't work that way. The receiver that transferred from Pitt a couple years ago didn't show up until a week or two into camp and he was with the 1's from the time he got there. THAT is how it works. jus sayin

Comment

Nazir Streater is the newest member of the Hawks ........ https://liupostpioneers.com/roster.a...&path=football Have at it. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            Nazir Streater is the newest member of the Hawks ........ https://liupostpioneers.com/roster.a...&path=football Have at it. jus sayin
                            Sounds like a get. All NE-10. 7 INTs. Thanks for the update. Just sayin'

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                              Sounds like a get. All NE-10. 7 INTs. Thanks for the update. Just sayin'

-
                              Two years here, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                Should we give them a trophy too? Best players play. Period.

If you bring in a legitimate talent at QB he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Again, I am not saying any newly transfer player SHOULD NOT play. I am saying just don't immediately stick them ahead of guys that's been here at the start of camp! Make people earn the start/playing time.
                                Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-25-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X