Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    LOL ... ask the teams who got smoked by Roland Rivers last year.

With Maxwell's arm and mobility, along with a stable of RBs and WRs -- and the best TE in the league -- they are going to be scary.

Now, can the defense improve is the biggest question in my mind. IUP has the best LB and DE in the league. But, the other 9 have to step up and be much better than a year ago.
    Idk Man you guys are all sold on this IUP team. Your best hope is Tort adding some more big boy offensive concepts to the play calling. No matter how much talent you have that offensive scheme is BASIC and teams with equal athleticism expose you guys every time

Comment

Maxwell's interview with Jack was pretty impressive. You can certainly tell he's been interviewed a lot ... very well-spoken, etc. He comes across as very bright and intelligent.

I've been hearing some pretty rave reviews about him after the first several days of camp. BIG arm.
      I was impressed by the interview, too. Loved Jack's line of questioning - how he got recruited by IUP, his impressions of IUP and the talent level on the team. There was some bothersome wind noise towards the end, though.

Hopefully, they have interviews like this with other players and coaches during the next couple of weeks.
      Last edited by iupgroundhog; 08-15-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        My observation is that in this league DBs tend to be smaller and slower. Otherwise they'd probably be a WR. Exceptions tend to be D1 transfers (whose size got them the D1 opportunity).
        Good point. And, by last year, IUP wasn't really a threat to throw the ball. Several WRs were out and Lenny was struggling. So, defenses could cheat up (and they did, a lot). You put a gunslinger back there who also has wheels (and tons of weapons) it's very difficult to defend.

IUP has a D1 TE. If that kid was 6'5" instead of 6'3" he wouldn't be here. He's a big, physical TE with great hands. That wrecks havoc when added with burners on the outside and a slew of burners in the backfield. Add to it Maxwell has wheels. They will be a nightmare to defend and will cause coaches to have some real long nights this Fall. Add that final minor detail: an experienced, massive offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
          Idk Man you guys are all sold on this IUP team. Your best hope is Tort adding some more big boy offensive concepts to the play calling. No matter how much talent you have that offensive scheme is BASIC and teams with equal athleticism expose you guys every time
          I'm "cautiously optimistic." How 'bout that?

Comment

I do agree with you on that point. Were they somewhat limited the past few years? Maybe. Lenny was solid but he wasn't pre-injury Lenny. I think we all agree on that item. The offensive coordinator came under fire last year. They were EXTREMELY predictable last season. The year before they got away with it by simply having better athletes than everybody else. Once the injuries mounted last year ... it didn't work.

Comment

I do agree with you on that point. Were they somewhat limited the past few years? Maybe. Lenny was solid but he wasn't pre-injury Lenny. I think we all agree on that item. The offensive coordinator came under fire last year. They were EXTREMELY predictable last season. The year before they got away with it by simply having better athletes than everybody else. Once the injuries mounted last year ... it didn't work.

Comment

Bad blood between Cal and SRU. The rivalry between the two is not brotherly at all like IUP lol

Comment

Bad blood between Cal and SRU. The rivalry between the two is not brotherly at all like IUP lol
                  In 2016 IUP could have hung about 75 on them (SRU) at Miller Stadium. Curt called off the dogs in the second half. Given the reverse, I'm not sure SRU would have done the same. IUP owed them one from the 1999 Homecoming game at Miller. Of course, they paid them back in the playoffs at SRU that year. And, the famous 'Rock Dance' was born.

Lombardi also could have hung a 50 spot on them in the KCAC last February. He didn't and won by 30-some instead.

It is true, though. The IUP/Cal game has a level of mutual respect. When either plays SRU its a street fight. That goes back to Frank and Dr. Evil.

The 'IUP Rule' also changed everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post

SCI Mon Valley still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      SCI Mon Valley still sucks.
                      I added a non bias opinion and all you have to say is that Cal sucks. Your recent history against SCI mon valley says otherwise

Comment

Mark this down ... for almost a whole morning we had a cordial messge board. Lol

New record.

Back to football ... Is IUP going to hold a public scrimmage in camp ?

Comment

I'll say it again. Unless Tort quits listening to the run at all costs loudmouth on the sideline and stops over ruling play selection based on said loudmouth's rants the predictable play calls will continue. I blamed the OC as much as anyone the last couple seasons but I have come to find out from reliable sources that he was not the biggest obstacle to a more open and unpredictable offense. Take the leash off the OC this season and let him sink or swim. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            I'll say it again. Unless Tort quits listening to the run at all costs loudmouth on the sideline and stops over ruling play selection based on said loudmouth's rants the predictable play calls will continue. I blamed the OC as much as anyone the last couple seasons but I have come to find out from reliable sources that he was not the biggest obstacle to a more open and unpredictable offense. Take the leash off the OC this season and let him sink or swim. jus sayin
                            The person you're referring to is an interesting subject. He's been around a long, long time. For his title, yes, he's awfully powerful in the pecking order. Probably way more powerful than his rank suggests.

Comment

The person you're referring to is an interesting subject. He's been around a long, long time. For his title, yes, he's awfully powerful in the pecking order. Probably way more powerful than his rank suggests.
                              Yeah agreed, if Tort wants to rid this team of the bad vibe of last season he needs to address that situation. It didn't just start last season, it has been going on for some time, but winning put lipstick on the pig. From what I could see he is/was as big an issue on that dysfunctional sideline as any player. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                                Yeah agreed, if Tort wants to rid this team of the bad vibe of last season he needs to address that situation. It didn't just start last season, it has been going on for some time, but winning put lipstick on the pig. From what I could see he is/was as big an issue on that dysfunctional sideline as any player. jus sayin
                                It's interesting for sure. Tort, him and Jim Smith came up together. Old boys club theory certainly is a factor.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X