Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It's interesting for sure. Tort, him and Jim Smith came up together. Old boys club theory certainly is a factor.
    Not sure of the contract status of the staff or the inter-workings of same but if Tort allows a repeat of the circus of last season all three might be needing a realtor and an Indeed account. jus sayin

Comment

LOL ... ask the teams who got smoked by Roland Rivers last year.

With Maxwell's arm and mobility, along with a stable of RBs and WRs -- and the best TE in the league -- they are going to be scary.

Now, can the defense improve is the biggest question in my mind. IUP has the best LB and DE in the league. But, the other 9 have to step up and be much better than a year ago.
      Lets don't forget about the All American TE out of Lock Haven in Jalen Jackson:

https://www.golhu.com/news/2018/12/5...?path=football

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
        I'll say it again. Unless Tort quits listening to the run at all costs loudmouth on the sideline and stops over ruling play selection based on said loudmouth's rants the predictable play calls will continue. I blamed the OC as much as anyone the last couple seasons but I have come to find out from reliable sources that he was not the biggest obstacle to a more open and unpredictable offense. Take the leash off the OC this season and let him sink or swim. jus sayin
        You have stated this a few times. And each time I read this I get even madder. Tort sent out a tweet earlier last season stating that he trusts his positional coaches and coordinator, and he was going to let me run their responsibilities while he sits back. And you basically confirming this was not quite true. I agree with you BallHawkin, take the leash off the OC and let see what he can do. IUP is not even favored to win the West, he might as well let it all hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
          Lets don't forget about the All American TE out of Lock Haven in Jalen Jackson:

https://www.golhu.com/news/2018/12/5...?path=football
          No. I know he's there. Best move he can make is to get on first bus outta that cess pool.

Comment

No. I know he's there. Best move he can make is to get on first bus outta that cess pool.
            SMH...I guess I walked into that one...

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
              Why is it difficult to defend at this level?
              Your football knowledge is highly questionable if u have to ask....geez

Comment

I do agree with you on that point. Were they somewhat limited the past few years? Maybe. Lenny was solid but he wasn't pre-injury Lenny. I think we all agree on that item. The offensive coordinator came under fire last year. They were EXTREMELY predictable last season. The year before they got away with it by simply having better athletes than everybody else. Once the injuries mounted last year ... it didn't work.
                Lenny was Never a great passer. He was a great player in HS and D2 due to being a gamer with decent wheels who created most of his great plays in 4 years. He had limitations that were exposed over time and film study by other teams. U guys do know other teams do have good players and coaches too....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                  Your football knowledge is highly questionable if u have to ask....geez

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                    Lenny was Never a great passer. He was a great player in HS and D2 due to being a gamer with decent wheels who created most of his great plays in 4 years. He had limitations that were exposed over time and film study by other teams. U guys do know other teams do have good players and coaches too....just sayin

Comment

I will take either one at any level. Lenny was simply to careless with the ball last year 7 turnovers in 3 losses, cerebral or Doug Flutie way to many turnovers period.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
                        I added a non bias opinion and all you have to say is that Cal sucks. Your recent history against SCI mon valley says otherwise

A few fluke finishes proves nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
                          harder to defend than a duel threat.
                          Swords or pistols?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            A few fluke finishes proves nothing...

Comment