Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the scrimmage tonight at 4pm? How's the weather looking?

P.S. I like the new Fourm layout.

Comment

• Heard D. Brown absolutely monster at scrimmage all the way back from that knee injury, the year off probably was the best thing for #21....just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
        Heard D. Brown absolutely monster at scrimmage all the way back from that knee injury, the year off probably was the best thing for #21....just sayin
        Wasn't there but if the backs are beastly that means so was the O-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
          Heard D. Brown absolutely monster at scrimmage all the way back from that knee injury, the year off probably was the best thing for #21....just sayin
          Was this at WR or at RB - where is he playing ? ?

Comment

• Matt Burglund from the Indiana Gazette tweeted some unofficial stats from scrimmage yesterday:

From his Tweet: https://twitter.com/MattBurglund/sta...99688601313280
            Unofficial stats from today's
            @IUPfootball
            scrimmage:
            RUSHING Evans 2-27 Houser 6-23 Maxwell 6-22
            PASSING Maxwell 9-14-1-91 (2 TDs) Reese 5-15-1-46 (1 TD)
            RECEIVING Brown 3-47 (1 TD) Carter 2-29 Dreher 2-29
            INTERCEPTIONS Streater 1-40 (1 TD)

I know he posts in here sometimes, but he's a really good Twitter follow!

Thanks, Matt!

Comment

• Most importantly, did they get out of it healthy?

Comment

• Looks like the offense scored 8 TDs yesterday.

I know it is a loaded unit. Hopefully the D didn't get smoked all afternoon? That's a lot of TDs in a scrimmage.

And, I realize the offense has a tremendous advantage in such practices -- QBs can't get hit, etc.

Comment

• I forgot to add, also from Matt Burglund's Tweet:

TOUCHDOWNS
                  Streater, 40 INT return
                  Brown, 25 pass from Maxwell
                  Evans, 3 run
                  McNeil,3 pass from Maxwell
                  Brown, 3 run
                  Turner 3 pass from Reese
                  Houser, 3 run
                  Balega, 3 run

FIELD GOALS Sarka 3-5 (26, 37, 37)

Comment

• Sounds like there are no plans to redshirt Houser.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      Sounds like there are no plans to redshirt Houser.
                      I wouldn't think. The backfield is crowded for now but that never lasts. Injuries pile up quick. Plus, Samir is already banged up it sounds like. Houser can probably be a beast on special teams, too, right away.

If freshmen are truly ready to play ... you play them. There's no guarantee they'll be back the following year (for a variety of reasons).

Comment

• Six of the eight were scored in a goal-line situation. The offense ran six plays from the 3-yard line and scored on all of them. Take those away (and you can't) what's left is Brown's TD catch, Streater's INT return and three FGs.

Bullock is expected back the week of the opener. Anderson should be back next week. Evans is healthy, so I'm guessing Houser will end up redshirting (as long as nobody else gets hurt). But you can see Houser has "it."
                        Last edited by Matt Burglund; 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                          Six of the eight were scored in a goal-line situation. The offense ran six plays from the 3-yard line and scored on all of them. Take those away (and you can't) what's left is Brown's TD catch, Streater's INT return and three FGs.

Bullock is expected back the week of the opener. Anderson should be back next week. Evans is healthy, so I'm guessing Houser will end up redshirting (as long as nobody else gets hurt). But you can see House has "it."
                          Matt,

In your opinion, how did the DL play, particularly interior?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Matt,

In your opinion, how did the DL play, particularly interior?
                            Good question, given the Offense scored 6 of 6 from the 3. Also, what about Irvin Charles ? ?

Comment

• Irvin did not participate along with a slew of other front-line players.

Comment

• This site is actually kind of nice while some haven't figured out how to long on yet. Just sayin'

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X