X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the story?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I wouldn't hold your breath for next year, either. This will be the last we ever hear about him.
      I think so as well. But then again, IUP loves to roll the dice with transfers. But as for the 2019, I will worry about what's in camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        So what's the story?
        I have no clue. Maybe our Baltimore Investment Banker has the inside scoop...wink, wink...

Comment

• WCCS Reporting:

Comment

WCCS Reporting:

Well you can't miss what you really never had right? From the thousands of replies in this thread, WR seemed like a deep position so shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

WCCS Reporting:

Was about to bring this up last night and got distracted by kids bedtime - this sounded like a compliance issue. I believe the reason for his dismissal by Franklin was academic so its possible that he didn't have enough credits earned to play at any level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Was about to bring this up last night and got distracted by kids bedtime - this sounded like a compliance issue. I believe the reason for his dismissal by Franklin was academic so its possible that he didn't have enough credits earned to play at any level.
                But he did play at Penn State. And, he sat our last year. Maybe he wasn't taking classes anywhere last academic year?

Not sure how, academically, IUP thinks he'll be accepeted in to grad school next Fall?

Like I said earlier, ... we'll never hear from him again.

Comment

But he did play at Penn State. And, he sat our last year. Maybe he wasn't taking classes anywhere last academic year?

Not sure how, academically, IUP thinks he'll be accepeted in to grad school next Fall?

Like I said earlier, ... we'll never hear from him again.
                  Maybe he sat out last year due to eligibility but was still able to be accepted to IUP? I'm thinking of scenarios that would make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I think so as well. But then again, IUP loves to roll the dice with transfers. But as for the 2019, I will worry about what's in camp.
                    Did they "roll the dice" knowing it could be denied and he wasn't compliant and think maybe they could win on appeal? If he didn't have the credits that should be pretty obvious. And if it's credits/academics how do you know he can go back to PSU and graduate in a year? If he "just missed" why didn't he pick up credits to be eligible? Who knows? Will we ever know? Are these NCAA decisions private? Of course, in the end "Who cares?" is a valid position to take.

Comment

• Well....we are on to New Haven....

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Did they "roll the dice" knowing it could be denied and he wasn't compliant and think maybe they could win on appeal? If he didn't have the credits that should be pretty obvious. And if it's credits/academics how do you know he can go back to PSU and graduate in a year? If he "just missed" why didn't he pick up credits to be eligible? Who knows? Will we ever know? Are these NCAA decisions private? Of course, in the end "Who cares?" is a valid position to take.
                        Well Heck, y'all can't get all the D1 boys!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess the question becomes if it was a dice roll ... who did they pass up for him in the late season transfer game.

Sounds like this was a ill-informed reach. I'd think this gets vetted prior to getting the kid here?

Oh well. The show goes on. But, very dissapointing nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

Well Heck, y'all can't get all the D1 boys!!
                            I have to agree with you on that. Must be able to develop what you have already recruited.

Comment

I guess the question becomes if it was a dice roll ... who did they pass up for him in the late season transfer game.

Sounds like this was a ill-informed reach. I'd think this gets vetted prior to getting the kid here?

Oh well. The show goes on. But, very dissapointing nonetheless.
                              Some very good points IUPbigIndians.

This does look like a pretty big reach. No other Power 5 school, particularly Rutgers, coming at him. No Group of 5 conference school sniffing at him. Not even any FCS schools look at him. A talent like him fell to D-II, for some reason. To me, that is a red flag, and some vetting should have been done before saying "bring him on".

Oh well, we are on to Cincinnati....errr, I mean New Haven.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Some very good points IUPbigIndians.

This does look like a pretty big reach. No other Power 5 school, particularly Rutgers, coming at him. No Group of 5 conference school sniffing at him. Not even any FCS schools look at him. A talent like him fell to D-II, for some reason. To me, that is a red flag, and some vetting should have been done before saying "bring him on".

Oh well, we are on to Cincinnati....errr, I mean New Haven.

Cincy gonna roll them Bruins tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X