Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another scrimmage today at 4pm before the team takes off for the Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be there to check it out? I wonder if they are gonna do more down and distance situations, instead of playing from the 3 yard line to see if they can score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post
      Another scrimmage today at 4pm before the team takes off for the Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be there to check it out? I wonder if they are gonna do more down and distance situations, instead of playing from the 3 yard line to see if they can score.
      Myself don't mind the practicing of goal line offense. Last year IUP was pretty bad at that. In fact, it cost them the Cal U game. But I won't be attending.

Comment

• Fueling Station for Athletes
        https://twitter.com/iupcrimsonhawk/s...725429760?s=21

Comment

• I am glad to see IUP taking strides to make the environment more friendly for all, the athletes, students, and fans. I was at couple games last season and can't wait to compare it with these changes for the positive.
          fueling station, Nike deals, logos, concerts, give aways, tailgating, promotional days are all steps in the directions many have voiced on this forum. Now the on field product has to uphold its end and perform as they are capable.
          I read all don't post much bit want to take chance to say good luck to the team, stay healthy, and hope for a great season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Some very good points IUPbigIndians.

This does look like a pretty big reach. No other Power 5 school, particularly Rutgers, coming at him. No Group of 5 conference school sniffing at him. Not even any FCS schools look at him. A talent like him fell to D-II, for some reason. To me, that is a red flag, and some vetting should have been done before saying "bring him on".

Oh well, we are on to Cincinnati....errr, I mean New Haven.
            I think the main reason that no Division I school was interested in Irvin Charles is that he would have no eligibility at any DI school other than Penn State (and that is if he was academically eligible which it appears he isn't) ...... my reasoning is that once you start your first semester as a full time college student, you have five years to complete fours years of eligibility at a DI school ..... Charles started his freshman year at Penn State in the fall of 2015 so this upcoming season (now) is his fifth year and last year that he could play at a DI school ...... if he transferred from Penn State to any other DI school for this season, he would have to sit out this season due to transfer rules and his DI eligibility would be completed sitting on the sidelines ..... if he had graduated from Penn State, he could have grad-transferred to any DI school and had immediate eligibility for this season but since he didn't graduate, he would have to sit out this season at a DI school and his athletic eligibility end...... there are some waivers to the rule but none that overcome academic ineligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieman View Post

I think the main reason that no Division I school was interested in Irvin Charles is that he would have no eligibility at any DI school other than Penn State (and that is if he was academically eligible which it appears he isn't) ...... my reasoning is that once you start your first semester as a full time college student, you have five years to complete fours years of eligibility at a DI school ..... Charles started his freshman year at Penn State in the fall of 2015 so this upcoming season (now) is his fifth year and last year that he could play at a DI school ...... if he transferred from Penn State to any other DI school for this season, he would have to sit out this season due to transfer rules and his DI eligibility would be completed sitting on the sidelines ..... if he had graduated from Penn State, he could have grad-transferred to any DI school and had immediate eligibility for this season but since he didn't graduate, he would have to sit out this season at a DI school and his athletic eligibility end...... there are some waivers to the rule but none that overcome academic ineligibility.
              It didn't work out who cares.....Good thing they corrected it before they played a game....They were obviously misinformed somewhere down the line, these type of transactions are not easy as u bloggers think they are. There is a lot of work on all transfers studs or not.....Heard from the grapevine kid was a class act when he was here...Hope it works out for him in the future...It's obvious the NCAA does NOT have the best interest of the kids, that's for sure......ESPN just ran a spot on how some D1 transfers got waived like the QB's Fields and Martell and some others have to sit for no sane reason...One kids Mother was gravely ill and his eligibility transfer was denied from Coastal Carolina to VTech.....NCAA should be ashamed of themselves...Just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

It didn't work out who cares.....Good thing they corrected it before they played a game....They were obviously misinformed somewhere down the line, these type of transactions are not easy as u bloggers think they are. There is a lot of work on all transfers studs or not.....Heard from the grapevine kid was a class act when he was here...Hope it works out for him in the future...It's obvious the NCAA does NOT have the best interest of the kids, that's for sure......ESPN just ran a spot on how some D1 transfers got waived like the QB's Fields and Martell and some others have to sit for no sane reason...One kids Mother was gravely ill and his eligibility transfer was denied from Coastal Carolina to VTech.....NCAA should be ashamed of themselves...Just sayin
                The NCAA does sometimes work in mysterious ways ...... it's possible the NCAA may have given Charles a waiver to play immediately at another DI school this year without sitting out a year but not if he was academically ineligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieman View Post

Thank you very much for the clarification on the academic portion of transferring.

Comment

I agree, good thing this issue was caught before they played a real game.

Comment

I agree. This is seemingly another avenue that people use to advocate for paying college athletes. I'm against that, but that's an entirely different discussion.

If you think that the NCAA doesn't cater to the "big name" schools, you are sadly mistaken. Heaven forbid a school like Ohio State not have an entrenched, legitimate, future NFL player running their offense for a season. You know, Ohio State can't have a season where they are "just like the rest of the country," right? The reality is that the NCAA would MUCH prefer schools like Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Clemson, etc., to be in the mix towards the end of every season. Those are your programs with the cult followings, big stadiums, and big television ratings. If those schools are in the big bowl games and/or College Football Playoff, they know their fans will travel. That's big business for them. If they can help their cause by being loose with high profile transfers in certain situations, they'll do it.

There have been a couple of stories this off season of players who had legitimate personal reasons as to why they were looking to transfer. Those all got denied. Fields essentially said he didn't feel safe at Georgia because fans yelled racial slurs at him. His sister is still happily enrolled at UGA. Just say you wanted to play and couldn't beat out Jake Fromm. Come on.

Comment

• Just saw Matt unofficial stats from today's scrimmage via Twitter. Can't wait to read the article or interview of Coach Tort, because either the offense is very potent or the defense is in big trouble against the pass. Or maybe they did not play the starters on defense much and they are lack depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                          Just saw Matt unofficial stats from today's scrimmage via Twitter. Can't wait to read the article or interview of Coach Tort, because either the offense is very potent or the defense is in big trouble against the pass. Or maybe they did not play the starters on defense much and they are lack depth.
                          I don't read much into it. When you can't hit the QB ... and he knows you can't hit him ... huge advantage to the offense.

Without sending blitzes and smacking the QB a few times ... D has a huge disadvantage. Once Damon Lloyd and Tillman level you a few times ... the QB starts to panic a bit ... rushes throws, etc.

You also have to consider who didn't play. Last week the defensive stars all sat out (wisely).

Comment

• Pac 12 getting smacked around again on Natty TV against another non-P5.

Comment

• The QB from West Florida in 2017 is starting for UCONN vs Wagner tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Pac 12 getting smacked around again on Natty TV against another non-P5.
                                So you're not buying the P6 talk ? ? ? Lets see how USF does tonight against Wisconsin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X