Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

So you're not buying the P6 talk ? ? ? Lets see how USF does tonight against Wisconsin

Granted, Arizona and UCLA aren't very good teams and both lost on the road (Hawaii and Cincy). Cincy would hammer most P5 bottom-feeders -- especially at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
      I think this is a great idea and awesome they are implementing it. The Ivy League does this, at least the ones I saw it when I was on recruiting trips with my son. Basically, it was any concession stand, or kiosk that was opened an athlete could walk right up, ID themselves and were allowed a Chocolate Milk or Protein Bar or a healthy snack. It was great for kids between classes who didn't have a chance to grab breakfast or kids leaving the gym at night. In the future, I would love it if they would expand it to locations past the field house and increase the hours of operation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

I think this is a great idea and awesome they are implementing it. The Ivy League does this, at least the ones I saw it when I was on recruiting trips with my son. Basically, it was any concession stand, or kiosk that was opened an athlete could walk right up, ID themselves and were allowed a Chocolate Milk or Protein Bar or a healthy snack. It was great for kids between classes who didn't have a chance to grab breakfast or kids leaving the gym at night. In the future, I would love it if they would expand it to locations past the field house and increase the hours of operation.
        Most D1 programs have something like it now that they're allowed to provide 'unlimited snacks'. To me its IUP following the Grand Valley model of providing a D1 experience at the D2 level.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewtotheHawknest2018 View Post
          I am glad to see IUP taking strides to make the environment more friendly for all, the athletes, students, and fans. I was at couple games last season and can't wait to compare it with these changes for the positive.
          fueling station, Nike deals, logos, concerts, give aways, tailgating, promotional days are all steps in the directions many have voiced on this forum. Now the on field product has to uphold its end and perform as they are capable.
          I read all don't post much bit want to take chance to say good luck to the team, stay healthy, and hope for a great season.
          Yeh, my kid is reveling in the swag--even athletes from teams that aren't football or basketball, who are used to being ignored by the administration, are benefiting from the Nike deal and the fueling stations thing. Pretty cool.

OLM

Comment

• Looks like Coach Tort was pretty happy with the 2nd scrimmage:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...83fac3455.html

Comment

• Fletcher kid from Boro getting touches for Ball St against Indiana

Comment

• The announcers keep commenting on why James Madison is throwing so many bubble screens and short passes.

Made me laugh.

Curt is up on WVU, 7-3, in second quarter.

Comment

• The local yocal news is getting interesting.

Former United star QB Kyle Silk (likely somebody IUP is looking at) was denied eligibility at Ligonier Valley. It was announced today he has enrolled at The Kiski School.

Conversely, United has forfeited its game against LV - siting a lack of healthy players. It's the third game to be forfeited against LV in the past couple seasons.

Silk has a big arm, good legs and nice size. He's certainly a prototype D2 prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The local yocal news is getting interesting.

Former United star QB Kyle Silk (likely somebody IUP is looking at) was denied eligibility at Ligonier Valley. It was announced today he has enrolled at The Kiski School.

Conversely, United has forfeited its game against LV - siting a lack of healthy players. It's the third game to be forfeited against LV in the past couple seasons.

Silk has a big arm, good legs and nice size. He's certainly a prototype D2 prospect.

Comment

The local yocal news is getting interesting.

I would highly doubt IUP is/was looking at him.

big arm not really; good wheels, yes, if he plays anywhere at the next level. I would think he would be a safety

The big thing about the LV/United matchup was that it was to played at Laurel Valley. I am sure a lot of us original Ram alums would have showed up just for the nostalgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

I would highly doubt IUP is/was looking at him.

big arm not really; good wheels, yes, if he plays anywhere at the next level. I would think he would be a safety

The big thing about the LV/United matchup was that it was to played at Laurel Valley. I am sure a lot of us original Ram alums would have showed up just for the nostalgia.

Might be surprised. I don't think they'd recruit him as a QB but as a local kid they could find a home for in the program (somewhere).

I doubt this will be LV's only weekend off this year. They'll probably get another game forfeited. Once these 18-20 man rosters at the other schools start losing guys they won't want to mess with the game. Are they looking to get out of the Heritage yet? I have no ties to the league other than reading the Indiana Gazette ... seems like Alabama playing in the PSAC.

Comment

Might be surprised. I don't think they'd recruit him as a QB but as a local kid they could find a home for in the program (somewhere).

I doubt this will be LV's only weekend off this year. They'll probably get another game forfeited. Once these 18-20 man rosters at the other schools start losing guys they won't want to mess with the game. Are they looking to get out of the Heritage yet? I have no ties to the league other than reading the Indiana Gazette ... seems like Alabama playing in the PSAC.
                          When are they going to merge more school districts? Indiana County should have 3 high schools tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

When are they going to merge more school districts? Indiana County should have 3 high schools tops.
                            The day is probably coming quicker than most of the rubes of the county would care to admit. Every one cow town wants their own high school and team but it is just not practical any longer. Consolidation will be a real word to add to their vocabulary sometime in the next decade or so.

-

Comment

I would be surprised if IUP would be after Silk to be honest. He was a great athlete for the Heritage but they don't have anybody like he would see at IUP or the PSAC. I don't think he ever did anything as a passer IIRC.

LV needs to move on from the Heritage. They have simply outgrown it. The conference absolutely needs to dump them after this season.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

The day is probably coming quicker than most of the rubes of the county would care to admit. Every one cow town wants their own high school and team but it is just not practical any longer. Consolidation will be a real word to add to their vocabulary sometime in the next decade or so.

-
                                Indiana can't even merge elementary schools without a 5-year holy war. I can't imagine them trying to merge high schools. Lol.

But, yes, it needs done. But there are major logistics. IHS isn't that big now. I couldn't imagine just dumping Marion Center in to it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X