Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    They could start Houser out on special teams. But when it comes to the return positions (kick off and punt return) I am expecting to see Qashah Carter, who was 1st Team All PSAC West as a returner, Dwine Walls and Malik Anderson.

That becomes the question then if you want to burn a year of his eligibility to cover kicks/punts.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      That becomes the question then if you want to burn a year of his eligibility to cover kicks/punts.
      Unless he is extremely dynamic in returning kicks, I would not burn any eligibility if I could help it. And besides, Coach Tort really doesn't value returners that can flip the field position. He actually prefers someone that can catch and hold on to the ball, especially during punt returns.

Comment

Unless he is extremely dynamic in returning kicks, I would not burn any eligibility if I could help it. And besides, Coach Tort really doesn't value returners that can flip the field position. He actually prefers someone that can catch and hold on to the ball, especially during punt returns.
        The only way he plays is if he earns the #3 or better RB position. but Who's to say he won't be number 3, keep Brown at wide out. I don't think they keep him out if he helps the team at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          The only way he plays is if he earns the #3 or better RB position. but Who's to say he won't be number 3, keep Brown at wide out. I don't think they keep him out if he helps the team at RB.
          Yeah ... you're onto something. Just sayin'

I've heard first-hand from many that Brown is the best WR on the team.

Your best players have to play. Justice, Samir and Malik in the backfield and Brown at WR.

Is Ballega recovered ?

Comment

Your best players have to play. Justice, Samir and Malik in the backfield and Brown at WR.

Is Ballega recovered ?
            Unless a another division I transfer receiver comes in, Brown is the best WR

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              IUP needs a power RB for short yardage and goal line offense. And as we saw last year, Samir and Justice are not that type of back. Even as a true freshman, Brown was getting the job done.

Comment

IUP needs a power RB for short yardage and goal line offense. And as we saw last year, Samir and Justice are not that type of back. Even as a true freshman, Brown was getting the job done.
                No doubt. He comes in on certain packages. Nice luxury to have.

And, wait until you see Brown. He's a freak. Dude is massive.

Comment

Is Ballega recovered ?
                  Originally posted by IUPfootball View Post
                  Unless a another division I transfer receiver comes in, Brown is the best WR
                  Are you both stating that Brown was the best WR during the Spring since both Guase (15 rec/161 yds/5 TDs) and McNeil (42 rec/841 yds/6 TDs) did not participate? Or are you guys hearing this including both last year's starters? OR did we have another academic casualty ? I know Brown is a pretty good athlete, but this is not real good news if he's the team's best WR.

Comment

Are you both stating that Brown was the best WR during the Spring since both Guase (15 rec/161 yds/5 TDs) and McNeil (42 rec/841 yds/6 TDs) did not participate? Or are you guys hearing this including both last year's starters? OR did we have another academic casualty ? I know Brown is a pretty good athlete, but this is not real good news if he's the team's best WR.
                    He's the best on the roster. Period. All included.

That is an opinion shared to me by many inside the program.

Comment

So I think IUP should pull out of that Nike deal if Nike can't put the flag of the original 13 colonies on a shoe. We 're in stupid territory now.

Comment

He's the best on the roster. Period. All included.

That is an opinion shared to me by many inside the program.
                        Well, it looks like Houser just may get some reps this Fall in the backfield.

Comment

Is Drew Harris still around? Guy should have two Masters' degrees on our dime by now.

Comment

Is Drew Harris still around? Guy should have two Masters' degrees on our dime by now.
                            He did graduate this past Spring. But he did get hurt again during last season.

Comment

• Comment

VERY good point. I know of a few student-athletes that stated that what the recruiting schools wore played a part in their decision.
                                Those kids still rock that "gear" when they are back home roaming the streets the following September while the real student-athletes are playing? Anyone that picks a school for their uniforms is a nitwit. jus sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X