Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No doubt. Kids love that stuff.

This audience isn't going to rave about the decison. If we took a vote on here I think pulling the 1990 uniforms out of storage from the depths of the Field House would win out.

I'd be 100% for pumping in modern music during the game.

Get those sidelines going with Lil Uzi Vert, etc. I'm beyond done with that worthless band director. It's actually embarrassing.

The days of the team entering the stadium to Cherokee seem so long ago. That was an intimidating entrance. Wonder if they'd play the 90210 theme song? Maybe Michael Bolton. I gotta tell you ... I love his music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You are just being mean!

I hate that ****ing song.

Comment

• Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          No doubt. Kids love that stuff.

This audience isn't going to rave about the decison. If we took a vote on here I think pulling the 1990 uniforms out of storage from the depths of the Field House would win out.

I'd be 100% for pumping in modern music during the game.

Get those sidelines going with Lil Uzi Vert, etc. I'm beyond done with that worthless band director. It's actually embarrassing.

The days of the team entering the stadium to Cherokee seem so long ago. That was an intimidating entrance. Wonder if they'd play the 90210 theme song? Maybe Michael Bolton. I gotta tell you ... I love his music.
          Get Mo Bamba going.

I'm serious.

You wanna change the age of the people in the seats. That'll do it. And fast.

Comment

Lol .... it was a reference to the movie Office Space.

Comment

He probably never saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                You are just being mean!

I hate that ****ing song.
                Think we could get than banned on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  Get Mo Bamba going.

I'm serious.

You wanna change the age of the people in the seats. That'll do it. And fast.
                  I know, it's so simple.

Comment

Somebody took my stapler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think we could get than banned on YouTube?

Comment

The current band is 'offensive' ...

Preface that by saying I realize they are a very good band as far as musicianship goes. Their leadership is forced to attend football games and the product at the games is a direct reflection. I'd actually prefer they leave after the Anthem. Hire a DJ to pump in the in-game music.

Comment

The current band is 'offensive' ...

Preface that by saying I realize they are a very good band as far as musicianship goes. Their leadership is forced to attend football games and the product at the games is a direct reflection. I'd actually prefer they leave after the Anthem. Hire a DJ to pump in the in-game music.
                          But attendance would go down by about 30% then, since band parents make up a substantial number of football attendees.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            But attendance would go down by about 30% then, since band parents make up a substantial number of football attendees.

Perfect example was the Mercyhurst game last year. The Lakers brought a 'football band' to the game at Miller. They were seated along the field bleachers (not buried behind a goalpost). They played real football music. They knew when to play it. They didn't take the third quarter off for a hot dog break like IUP's band does. Their involvement in the game was night and day better than ours.

Give me what could be newly-found students attending games over the band parents any day. They play on their phones until halftime and then usually leave at the end of intermission. I see it happen week after week.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Ok DUDE!!! He's listed as a DB on the roster! DUDE!
                              What roster?
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

The only reason this will never come back, is because people are gonna highlight it and be the first to cry "Political Correctness". If you just play it, one game, no fan fare, no promotion...you know, #JustDoIt. I never heard it before. Maybe it might be time now to put it out there, not as "Cherokee", but maybe "Intimidator". If it brings back the memory of the glory days, while at the same time inspiring the new class, it's win win.

I remember back in my days, the band would just hi-jack the conductor and play whatever the crowd was feeling. Seven Nation Army was always good. Don't Stop Believin' when we'd upset. Final Countdown when we were up big with 2 mins left in the game, just to rub it in.

All you need is just one trombone player, lol.

___

As for the announcement, I agree the teaser hype was better than the announcement.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X