Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Why?
    Do you know anyone whose goal is to move to Erie? I mean maybe if they are from Johnstown.

Comment

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Do you know anyone whose goal is to move to Erie? I mean maybe if they are from Johnstown.
      It would probably be an improvement for Homer. Isn't he from Cleveland? Hell, his granddaddy probably remembers the time that the damn river caught on fire out there!

Congrats on the parole, buddy! Nothing like seeing daylight!

-

Comment

I was covering a youth football camp this morning in New Castle put on by Malik Hooker of the Colts, who is a New Castle graduate. Lamont McPhatter, who was a consensus All-American last year at Cal U, graduated the same year as Malik and was also helping out at it. I let Lamont know he single-handedly ruined IUP's season last year with his pick-6.

(If you want to relive it: https://twitter.com/CUTV_PA/status/1046219146613182464)

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          I was covering a youth football camp this morning in New Castle put on by Malik Hooker of the Colts, who is a New Castle graduate. Lamont McPhatter, who was a consensus All-American last year at Cal U, graduated the same year as Malik and was also helping out at it. I let Lamont know he single-handedly ruined IUP's season last year with his pick-6.

(If you want to relive it: https://twitter.com/CUTV_PA/status/1046219146613182464)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            I'll take Erie over Philly area any day!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Civic pride is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Don't forget the tiny detail of the team looking like a dysfunctional three-ring circus.

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The Philly area is propping up Erie financially as 40 percent of the states revenue comes from our 5 counties. So why not enjoy freeloading? HA!

Oh and we are growing.

Comment

68 days

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      68 days

Comment

Actual football-related ... there are a good many players staying for the summer. Many are at the stadium nightly. That wasn't often the case last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Actual football-related ... there are a good many players staying for the summer. Many are at the stadium nightly. That wasn't often the case last summer.
                          Will be interesting to see the fall roster, should be in less than a month, I'll bet there are a couple more new faces.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            Will be interesting to see the fall roster, should be in less than a month, I'll bet there are a couple more new faces.

No doubt. Historically IUP has landed some real studs in July and early August. Some real duds, too. There are tons of players looking for homes right now. Many come with a 'catch' of sorts but that's up to Tort to sort out.

The amount of players on campus is a positive sign. It leads me to believe they have better chemistry and player leadership right now than they had a year ago. Hopefully our one-year-wonder QB is here (I haven't seen him yet).

And, aside from football, there's no easier time to boost that GPA than in June and July.

Comment

Just sent my Season Ticket Order in...Some things to note, not all games are at 12:00pm kickoffs.

Sept 7 vs. New Haven is 1pm
                              Sept 21 vs. Lock Haven is 4pm (Hall of Fame Game)
                              Oct 2 vs. Cal is at 2pm (Homecoming)
                              Oct 26 and Nov 9 are 12pm starts.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                No doubt. Historically IUP has landed some real studs in July and early August. Some real duds, too. There are tons of players looking for homes right now. Many come with a 'catch' of sorts but that's up to Tort to sort out.

The amount of players on campus is a positive sign. It leads me to believe they have better chemistry and player leadership right now than they had a year ago. Hopefully our one-year-wonder QB is here (I haven't seen him yet).

And, aside from football, there's no easier time to boost that GPA than in June and July.
                                I know my son is chomping at the bit to get there, but he can't report until Aug. 11. Until then he's married to a 3-ring binder of his workout routine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X