Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Those kids still rock that "gear" when they are back home roaming the streets the following September while the real student-athletes are playing? Anyone that picks a school for their uniforms is a nitwit. jus sayin
    Guess there are a lot of nitwits in basketball, because this happens quite a bit in that sports BallHawkin.

Comment

• Comment

Comment

Bring it. Can't wait to see you children play without the help of the officials. We gonna be all over your asses

Comment

IUP will lose to SRU.. you can book that fellas.

Comment

Well, ... it's nowhere near prediction time for one game. Consider IUP at SRU is in Week 6. The two teams they put on the field opening weekend will be much different by Week 6. There will be lots of injuries on both sides by then, etc.

Both have tough games the week before (SRU at Mercy and Cal at IUP).

At this level a couple injuries can derail a season real quick -- regardless of all that 'next man up' coach speak mumbo jumbo.

The psychology is different this year, too. Last year SRU got to feed off that 'hunter' and 'underdog' moxy. This year they are the 'hunted'. If you don't think that stuff is real just reference IUP's season a year ago.

Only thing I know for certain is it will be a war. Regardless who suits up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Well, ... it's nowhere near prediction time for one game. Consider IUP at SRU is in Week 6. The two teams they put on the field opening weekend will be much different by Week 6. There will be lots of injuries on both sides by then, etc.

Both have tough games the week before (SRU at Mercy and Cal at IUP).

At this level a couple injuries can derail a season real quick -- regardless of all that 'next man up' coach speak mumbo jumbo.

The psychology is different this year, too. Last year SRU got to feed off that 'hunter' and 'underdog' moxy. This year they are the 'hunted'. If you don't think that stuff is real just reference IUP's season a year ago.

Only thing I know for certain is it will be a war. Regardless who suits up.
                You bring up a great point in regards to the psychology of both teams coming into the season as well as the parallels between the mindset say now and leading into Week 1.. often times "the juice" so to speak runs out on teams far too early into the season after a few tough games or some early losses and with that the mindset of a team does a complete 180 for the rest of the season... Week 6 will be fun for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                  IUP will lose to SRU.. you can book that fellas.
                  Last edited by IUPfootball; 07-08-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

You bring up a great point in regards to the psychology of both teams coming into the season as well as the parallels between the mindset say now and leading into Week 1.. often times "the juice" so to speak runs out on teams far too early into the season after a few tough games or some early losses and with that the mindset of a team does a complete 180 for the rest of the season... Week 6 will be fun for sure.

One of my favorite parts of any game is to actually arrive very early. I like to observe the teams. I think you can tell a lot in just watching how a team warms up.

That Homecoming game in Indiana last year? SRU was a pack of crazed lunatics in that warm-up. IUP warmed up a like a team that had a hangover (heartbreaker at Cal the week prior). Then the game started and it sure carried over.

I kept watching the clock as the game was starting to get ugly. IUP had to get to that locker room as fast as possible at the half. It was a boxer getting pummeled and needing to regroup in between rounds. To their credit, they got knocked to the mat several times and got up. It was actually one play away from being one of the great comebacks ever at Miller Stadium.

I remember standing along the fence as the weather delay ended and SRU came back out first. Keep in mind the stadium had about 30 people in it at that time so you could hear everything. SRU's coaches were adamant that the team started going crazy as IUP eventually made its way out. I won't repeat many of the phrases they were using (such as "Scream your head off when those (p-words) get out here." They were certainly trying to play the mind game. And, SRU had that mental edge last year. No doubt. IUP had beat them twice in a row.

Comment

you're gonna need it butt boy!

Comment

One of my favorite parts of any game is to actually arrive very early. I like to observe the teams. I think you can tell a lot in just watching how a team warms up.

That Homecoming game in Indiana last year? SRU was a pack of crazed lunatics in that warm-up. IUP warmed up a like a team that had a hangover (heartbreaker at Cal the week prior). Then the game started and it sure carried over.

I kept watching the clock as the game was starting to get ugly. IUP had to get to that locker room as fast as possible at the half. It was a boxer getting pummeled and needing to regroup in between rounds. To their credit, they got knocked to the mat several times and got up. It was actually one play away from being one of the great comebacks ever at Miller Stadium.

I remember standing along the fence as the weather delay ended and SRU came back out first. Keep in mind the stadium had about 30 people in it at that time so you could hear everything. SRU's coaches were adamant that the team started going crazy as IUP eventually made its way out. I won't repeat many of the phrases they were using (such as "Scream your head off when those (p-words) get out here." They were certainly trying to play the mind game. And, SRU had that mental edge last year. No doubt. IUP had beat them twice in a row.
                        Yeah we'll see it's always good to watch the lions of the PSAC West battle it out.. how IUP isn't up for that game is beyond me.. maybe HoCo weekend was a factor, but there's no reason either of those teams should be flat for that game from an energy/intensity stand point.

Comment

Yeah we'll see it's always good to watch the lions of the PSAC West battle it out.. how IUP isn't up for that game is beyond me.. maybe HoCo weekend was a factor, but there's no reason either of those teams should be flat for that game from an energy/intensity stand point.
                          If IUP is coming off a win against Cal and is undefeated, no doubt Slip will get heart broken at their stadium

Comment

Originally posted by IUPfootball View Post
                            If IUP is coming off a win against Cal and is undefeated, no doubt Slip will get heart broken at their stadium
                            Imagine if both teams rolling into that game were undefeated.. that game would be all kinds of electric.

Comment

Comment

Imagine if both teams rolling into that game were undefeated.. that game would be all kinds of electric.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X