Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The Countdown to Opening Day has reached 82 days.

At that point, our favorite 'Homer' returns.

And, of course, these lovely summer topics get put to bed for several months:

* QB controversies
    -- Can ADP make a comeback? $tocket was soooo money. Chase ruined the program.

* While every school inflates attendance numbers, IUP actually, allegedly, deflates them.
    -- Secret entrances to Miller Stadium
    -- Freeloaders

* Gannon and Mercyhurst, as a duo, rumored to be headed to The Big Ten. Or, is it the GMAC? Maybe the MEC or GLIAC. NFL?

* Noon kickoff times and no night games
    -- Early Bird dinner specials start at 4 p.m.
    -- Students still in bed ... and don't care

* IUP not officially allowing alcohol at tailgates (per IUP rules) but unofficially allowing it to certain age demographics
    -- Why does the SRU atmosphere (and crowds) blow IUP's out of the water on Fall afternoons?

* Riddle me this, Batman
    -- IUP may be getting a transfer from what may be a D1 program, who may have played in the state of Ohio, who is between 6' and 6'6" tall, who is black but may be white, who might be a DL but could be a WR

* Uniforms

* TONY33's claims Mercyhurst is the national title front-runner -- with (7) Harlon Hill candidates

The summer is a special time on here. It 'ALMOST' makes you miss Homer a bit. Almost.

82 days. 82 days. 82 days.
    Classic....

Comment

* QB controversies

* While every school inflates attendance numbers, IUP actually, allegedly, deflates them.
      -- Freeloaders

* Gannon and Mercyhurst, as a duo, rumored to be headed to The Big Ten. Or, is it the GMAC? Maybe the MEC or GLIAC. NFL?

* IUP not officially allowing alcohol at tailgates (per IUP rules) but unofficially allowing it to certain age demographics
      -- Why does the SRU atmosphere (and crowds) blow IUP's out of the water on Fall afternoons?

* Riddle me this, Batman
      -- IUP may be getting a transfer from what may be a D1 program, who may have played in the state of Ohio, who is between 6' and 6'6" tall, who is black but may be white, who might be a DL but could be a WR

* Uniforms

* TONY33's claims Mercyhurst is the national title front-runner -- with (7) Harlon Hill candidates

The summer is a special time on here. It 'ALMOST' makes you miss Homer a bit. Almost.

Shouldn't there also be a note saying Tort better go 2-0 against Cal and Slippery Rock and win the PSAC or else the mob will be forming?

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
        Shouldn't there also be a note saying Tort better go 2-0 against Cal and Slippery Rock and win the PSAC or else the mob will be forming?
        Good point. Technically though, the mob has formed. They are just somewhat lethargic - like honey bees when exposed to smoke. That's because the Angry Mob is taking a wait and see stance for the upcoming season. Official unpublished underground summer 2019 communique indicated that the Angry Mob sees an effort being made to make the team better so they are somewhat placated at this point. Only activity noted around the Flemming St Apartment tool shed - via secret Angry Mob Cam - is the groundhog who lives under the shed. But you're right, anything other than 2-0 vs Cal and the Rock will get the Angry Mob buzzing like a nest full of hornets who just got sprayed with a stream of Raid.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
          Good point. Technically though, the mob has formed. They are just somewhat lethargic - like honey bees when exposed to smoke. That's because the Angry Mob is taking a wait and see stance for the upcoming season. Official unpublished underground summer 2019 communique indicated that the Angry Mob sees an effort being made to make the team better so they are somewhat placated at this point. Only activity noted around the Flemming St Apartment tool shed - via secret Angry Mob Cam - is the groundhog who lives under the shed. But you're right, anything other than 2-0 vs Cal and the Rock will get the Angry Mob buzzing like a nest full of hornets who just got sprayed with a stream of Raid.
          If the groundhog comes out from under the shed and doesn't see it's shadow, does that mean the angry mob is blocking the sun's rays?

Comment

* QB controversies

-- Freeloaders

* Riddle me this, Batman

* Uniforms

Epic! Or would I be more of a hipster to say LIT AF?

I wonder if Homer will return? Didn't we pretty much pinpoint that his beef was not so much with IUP as it was with Lenny. I think we surmised that Homer's Lenny-hate either stemmed from Lenny stealing his girlfriend or Lenny showed him up on the field.

I get a kick out of Homer. I hope he does come back. At least he gives some flavoring to PSAC/D-II football.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              If the groundhog comes out from under the shed and doesn't see it's shadow, does that mean the angry mob is blocking the sun's rays?
              It means (at least) 6 more weeks of silly comments. Take it from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                The ground hog is pretty smart. He isn't about to come out from under the shed when the Angry Mob is assembling.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  The ground hog is pretty smart. He isn't about to come out from under the shed when the Angry Mob is assembling.
                  Correct. And the Top Hat act won't work, either.

Comment

• Comment

I don't think so--their writing styles seem so very different.

Didn't we supposedly id Homer? Initials CV.

Homer is a pretty crazy guy. He makes things fun at least.

-

Comment

Here's an assumption, and hear me out ...

Are you actually the ghost of Boy George?

I've always found Homer to be entertaining (and, obviously annoying) in that he's the first poster forever to call b.s. on a lot of the IUP football propaganda that's been on this board for a decade. If you haven't noticed, there are members of the IUP Football Cult on here who truly believe IUP has never actually lost -- or, rather, been beaten, in a game in going on 30 years.

And, being that (just guessing) about 80-90 percent of the posters on this board are from IUP, his posts -- while mostly uneducated, misspelled ramblings -- add some much-needed spice to the board.

So, while 95 percent of his posts annoy me, ... about 5 percent do make me laugh a bit.

Comment

Here's an assumption, and hear me out ...

Are you actually the ghost of Boy George?

I've always found Homer to be entertaining (and, obviously annoying) in that he's the first poster forever to call b.s. on a lot of the IUP football propaganda that's been on this board for a decade. If you haven't noticed, there are members of the IUP Football Cult on here who truly believe IUP has never actually lost -- or, rather, been beaten, in a game in going on 30 years.

And, being that (just guessing) about 80-90 percent of the posters on this board are from IUP, his posts -- while mostly uneducated, misspelled ramblings -- add some much-needed spice to the board.

So, while 95 percent of his posts annoy me, ... about 5 percent do make me laugh a bit.
                          So when did IUP lose ? Sure we were cheated out of a few wins, but IUP was always the better team. :laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            So when did IUP lose ? Sure we were cheated out of a few wins, but IUP was always the better team. :laugh:

Always!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              Always!!
                              You are telling me IUP has ever lost? Lol

Comment

KR Qashah Carter was named IUP Men's Freshman of the Year:

https://iupathletics.com/news/2019/6/20/football-qashah-carter-named-2018-19-iup-mens-freshman-of-the-year.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X