Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
    Another DB in the mix from Robert Morris https://twitter.com/teebee_9/status/...763849731?s=12
    Looking at his college and high school highlights he looks pretty physical, like someone that could compete for the "Star" position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      If you want to go to the game, nothing else matters. I made the eight hour round trip car ride to IUP for a night game, and made it home by 3 am. Never again.
      I have done this type of thing way more time than I can remember.

Comment

If I can get on the road by 8pm I can make it home without too many issues. I may attend that Millersville game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          I have done this type of thing way more time than I can remember.
          Back in my younger days I could do it often...but not now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            I fully agree with that. They made changes to them in 2015 after the classic Curt Cignetti reboot edition in 2011. They could look a lot better I think. The trousers particularly look rather stupid with that one stripe or whatever it is. IUP had some great uniform looks in the past. But maybe it is time for a complete makeover ripe for the 21st century. Either go back to the classics or find a rad new look. I'd like to see IUP explore this a little more.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              I did it in my early and mid 50s. By season's end, those day trips really were catching up to me. Now one of the boys can drive me around and I can sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                Yes. Definitely gets harder with age.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  I did it in my early and mid 50s. By season's end, those day trips really were catching up to me. Now one of the boys can drive me around and I can sleep.
                  That's living right

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                    If I can get on the road by 8pm I can make it home without too many issues. I may attend that Millersville game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      Yes. Definitely gets harder with age.
                      My mind tells me I'm 25 then my body says 'sorry, groundhog, you're not 25 anymore- not even close'.

Comment

Still no denying noon games blow.

And, I'm not young or old. They feel like going to church. Or, bingo.

Comment

That's the way to do it though if you can swing it. More of a leisurely visit, you can walk around and take in the area. I still get that nostalgic twinge to this day every time I walk around campus or town.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                            Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

I'll be doing my best to get the word out. It's all I can do.

Well, Tort can tell players they can 'look' better in uniforms at another school ... while getting their clocks cleaned by IUP's players in their boring uniforms on the field.

Comment

The Countdown to Opening Day has reached 82 days.

At that point, our favorite 'Homer' returns.

And, of course, these lovely summer topics get put to bed for several months:

* QB controversies
                              -- Can ADP make a comeback? $tocket was soooo money. Chase ruined the program.

* While every school inflates attendance numbers, IUP actually, allegedly, deflates them.
                              -- Secret entrances to Miller Stadium
                              -- Freeloaders

* Gannon and Mercyhurst, as a duo, rumored to be headed to The Big Ten. Or, is it the GMAC? Maybe the MEC or GLIAC. NFL?

* Noon kickoff times and no night games
                              -- Early Bird dinner specials start at 4 p.m.
                              -- Students still in bed ... and don't care

* IUP not officially allowing alcohol at tailgates (per IUP rules) but unofficially allowing it to certain age demographics
                              -- Why does the SRU atmosphere (and crowds) blow IUP's out of the water on Fall afternoons?

* Riddle me this, Batman
                              -- IUP may be getting a transfer from what may be a D1 program, who may have played in the state of Ohio, who is between 6' and 6'6" tall, who is black but may be white, who might be a DL but could be a WR

* Uniforms

* TONY33's claims Mercyhurst is the national title front-runner -- with (7) Harlon Hill candidates

The summer is a special time on here. It 'ALMOST' makes you miss Homer a bit. Almost.

82 days. 82 days. 82 days.

Comment

I'd never miss that clown!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X