Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    The 2012 Ship game was the PSAC championship. The Bloom night game was on ESPN, -- If TV would cover the games it would make the students interested. A few others were homecoming games.

Also, some of the 2017 stats I can't believe are correct. 2509 for the west Fla game - no way.
    EXACTLY, I have sat in many games not on that list including all the 2017 playoff games that had way more peeps. Tickets sold maybe, there are a ton of freebies in that place, those attendance numbers are so inaccurate it's not worth a further discussion...just sayin

Comment

• Comment

They probably are all posters on here, and the rest are cardboard cutouts or computer generated images.

Comment

First home game, 80 degrees... of course people will come. Home opener and Homecoming are always well attended as long as the weather is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
            They probably are all posters on here, and the rest are cardboard cutouts or computer generated images.
            I'm pretty sure the guy in the middle of the picture with the All IN tee-shirt is among us. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Good Stuff:wink:

Comment

Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

I'll be doing my best to get the word out. It's all I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                  Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

Hi and welcome!

Are you planning on staying overnight or toughen it out and drive back home? Myself prefers to avoid paying an extra $130 or so and head back home, and that is what the early start allows me to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                    Hi and welcome!

Are you planning on staying overnight or toughen it out and drive back home? Myself prefers to avoid paying an extra $130 or so and head back home, and that is what the early start allows me to do.
                    Thanks!

I'm gonna tough it out to start the season. The few times I've already been to campus for day trips haven't been too bad a drive there and back in a day. We'll see how it goes as the season progresses, lol.

Comment

• IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                      Hi and welcome!

Last edited by IUPNation; 06-15-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Time to clown the message board where misleading information is the most comical thing to wake up to.

Comment

Another DB in the mix from Robert Morris https://twitter.com/teebee_9/status/...763849731?s=12

Comment

Agreed. I've made the one-day round trip from southeastern PA to Indiana and California many times over the past several years and noon starts allow that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                              Agreed. I've made the one-day round trip from southeastern PA to Indiana and California many times over the past several years and noon starts allow that to happen.
                              If you want to go to the game, nothing else matters. I made the eight hour round trip car ride to IUP for a night game, and made it home by 3 am. Never again.

Comment

I fully agree with that. They made changes to them in 2015 after the classic Curt Cignetti reboot edition in 2011. They could look a lot better I think. The trousers particularly look rather stupid with that one stripe or whatever it is. IUP had some great uniform looks in the past. But maybe it is time for a complete makeover ripe for the 21st century. Either go back to the classics or find a rad new look. I'd like to see IUP explore this a little more.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X