Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Lock Haven will be lucky to still be open by the time any of these recruits graduate .......... jus sayin
    I guess 50 game losing streaks will create those kinds of perceptions but things do change.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      I guess 50 game losing streaks will create those kinds of perceptions but things do change.

Call me curious ... what is going on there all the sudden besides them making offers to the entire WPIAL? Did they suddenly come in to some big coin?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Speaking of IHS I saw WR Ryan Hoff has left the IUP team.
        Very rare these days for a player to stick around more than a year or two if they don't get immediate significant playing time. jus sayin

Comment

Call me curious ... what is going on there all the sudden besides them making offers to the entire WPIAL? Did they suddenly come in to some big coin?
          Maybe.

Comment

It's not a perception ... trust me. jus sayin

Comment

Lock Haven is the sleeper in the PSAC. There's a lot going on there.

Comment

Very rare these days for a player to stick around more than a year or two if they don't get immediate significant playing time. jus sayin
                Which brings us to the IUP QB situation. In Matt's article Tort did say that they will be looking to bring in an experienced QB this summer. I suppose he is letting Davis and Wilkerson know that they need to keep pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  Which brings us to the IUP QB situation. In Matt's article Tort did say that they will be looking to bring in an experienced QB this summer. I suppose he is letting Davis and Wilkerson know that they need to keep pushing.
                  That's also assuming both Davis and Wilkerson are coming back.

Comment

That's also assuming both Davis and Wilkerson are coming back.
                    I think they will at least be back for spring. I suppose a bad spring practice could effect if they comeback in the Fall.

Comment

I think they will at least be back for spring. I suppose a bad spring practice could effect if they comeback in the Fall.
                      And don't forget the rather odd academic problems that have for some strange reason have plagued the IUP QB position the past half decade or so. It's been some tough sledding that way.

Sounds like the staff may not have Davis' name written in stone as the next IUP QB as some observers believed last season.

One oddity that may continue if Davis reverts back to his old high school jersey number of 5 is that he would be the fourth IUP QB to wear that number as a starter in recent years. He would follow Mike Box, Eddie $tockett, and Lenny Williams.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        And don't forget the rather odd academic problems that have for some strange reason have plagued the IUP QB position the past half decade or so. It's been some tough sledding that way.

Sounds like the staff may not have Davis' name written in stone as the next IUP QB as some observers believed last season.

One oddity that may continue if Davis reverts back to his old high school jersey number of 5 is that he would be the fourth IUP QB to wear that number as a starter in recent years. He would follow Mike Box, Eddie $tockett, and Lenny Williams.

-
                        Based on what I hear, the redshirt kid is more talented but Davis was better coached in HS and came in more polished to be the back up last year. This position is by no means settled, don't be surprised by anything that might happen here. jus sayin

Comment

Based on what I hear, the redshirt kid is more talented but Davis was better coached in HS and came in more polished to be the back up last year. This position is by no means settled, don't be surprised by anything that might happen here. jus sayin
                          Let's hope it is settled. No time splitting.

Old adage: two QBs mean you don't have one.

Comment

Let's hope it is settled. No time splitting.

Old adage: two QBs mean you don't have one.
                            Don't think it will be two. jus sayin

Comment

IUP just lost out on the Southern York WR.

He chose Robert Morris.

Blah

Comment

From his twitter feed, looks like Lock Haven also offered him. Maybe the coaches are remembering the last IHS QB not offered that went to Clarion, who beat them a couple years later. The money is probably on the low side, so its a good risk.
                                His twitter shows he visited Lock Haven, but not necessarily offered. I believe he would have stated that if so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X